Author Topic: Sesame Citizen Credit: or how I learned that China is loving insane  (Read 1344 times)

BBC Article
QZ Article
Extra Credits video

Basic rundown is that Chinese companies are teaming up with the government to create a "Citizen Credit" system where good citizens (Citizens who behave and follow their party loyally) get a better credit than your average citizens and get benefits.

As it stands, it's a voluntary program that is apparently supposed to be made mandatory by 2020. The video sums it up quite well.

This is going to be interesting to watch, if not completely horrifying. It's an ingenious way to control your citizens and it's socially manipulative. One of the worst features is that being friends with somebody with a lower score actually lowers your own score, encouraging you to convince your friend to be a 'better' citizen or to cut ties with them so you don't lose benefits.

Coupled with that, there's been a few words on punishments for having a low score, which the video also covers. What the forget?

China needs a hefty serving of freedom. Commence the invasion.

Everyone feared the west would become a Big Brother state lol. Now this.

Everyone feared the west would become a Big Brother state lol. Now this.
War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength

If this is setting a precedent for the future's social media I'm going to loving move out into the yukon and hunt polar bears for a living forget me

this sounds exactly like the kind of scummy stuff that would spread like wildfire in good ol usa

If this is setting a precedent for the future's social media I'm going to loving move out into the yukon and hunt polar bears for a living forget me

this sounds exactly like the kind of scummy stuff that would spread like wildfire in good ol usa
I don't think this would spread in the western nations very well. This isn't even happening here and it's already sparked a controversy.

Seriously, forget china. They've been corrupt for longer than I've been alive, their spying is probably several dozen times worse than here in the US, they completely censor the internet of dissenting opinions like Russia does, and now they're using scare tactics like this to control the population. It's sickening.

COMMENCE INVASION

china bout to get the richard

china bout to get the richard
big meaty FREEDOM richard UP THEIR COMMUNIST star fishES >:^)

Don't get gung-ho. Be aware of these things.

1) America is becoming destabilized.
2) China's annual GDP has now eclipsed the US's.
3) China is instigating the Philippines, an American ally that has recently reaffirmed that it will defend Philippines maritime borders against China.
3) Russia is instigating Turkey and by extension NATO.
4) CIA is targeting the United States.

The Chinese have a saying: "If we all spit at our enemy, they will drown". The loss of life in a war between US and China would be in the hundreds of millions and devastate the entire world. America is not going to "liberate"  China, and the Chinese do not want American help with their problems. It's the exact same reason we haven't come "liberated" North Korea. The North Koreans have been taught their entire life the US is their enemy and will naturally resist an invasion.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 03:38:05 PM by Not Important »

Seriously, forget china. They've been corrupt for longer than I've been alive, their spying is probably several dozen times worse than here in the US, they completely censor the internet of dissenting opinions like Russia does, and now they're using scare tactics like this to control the population. It's sickening.

COMMENCE INVASION
Having a totalitarian government that restricts it's citizens from pursuing their best interests keeps manufacturing costs cheap. As long as China is an economic powerhouse that supplies a good deal more than half the world with finished goods they can do whatever the forget they want.

EMBRACE DEMOCRACY OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED

One of the worst features is that being friends with somebody with a lower score actually lowers your own score, encouraging you to convince your friend to be a 'better' citizen or to cut ties with them so you don't lose benefits.

how about since china sucks richard we kick their ass in the name of freedom and raise our country's score!!!!!

kill commies

where's Reagan when you need him
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 03:55:12 PM by Frequency »