Author Topic: The animation and stop motion mega thread  (Read 45957 times)

Thank you!

Although I love to do art and such, I might not pursue it as my main career because I hear it can be really hard to get a job as an artist.
Depends on what you do. ;) Also, don't let that discourage you. Do whatever you love, and if you do it well enough (and actually put effort in), you can succeed.

Far more likely to get a job if you do animation or something. I'm an interactive design major right now and the jobs are only increasing (animation, game design, 3d modeling, illustration, web design, UI/UX design, etc).

Depends on what you do. ;) Also, don't let that discourage you. Do whatever you love, and if you do it well enough (and actually put effort in), you can succeed.

Far more likely to get a job if you do animation or something. I'm an interactive design major right now and the jobs are only increasing (animation, game design, 3d modeling, illustration, web design, UI/UX design, etc).
Yeah, but the problem is that some jobs are replaced by people willing to work for cheaper (Workers in China stealing jobs from US companies).

Yeah, but the problem is that some jobs are replaced by people willing to work for cheaper (Workers in China stealing jobs from US companies).
These jobs require far too much of a skillset to simply be "replaced by people in China," lol. Not saying that no one over there has these skills, but those who do are likely getting paid far more than those who don't.

Don't you think I might be a bit worried otherwise? ;)

These jobs require far too much of a skillset to simply be "replaced by people in China," lol. Not saying that no one over there has these skills, but those who do are likely getting paid far more than those who don't.

Don't you think I might be a bit worried otherwise? ;)
Well, you have a point.

I made my first music video! It took three weeks and 200 pieces of card to animate.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNVinkDgqJ8
It's for a school competition, and it's about what would happen if you got clones to take over the boring stuff in your life.

I made my first music video! It took three weeks and 200 pieces of card to animate.
It's for a school competition, and it's about what would happen if you got clones to take over the boring stuff in your life.
Apparently the video is not available in my country? Wat

Apparently the video is not available in my country? Wat
Same. Due to music copyright issues, I'd assume.

Pomp, host it elsewhere if you want the majority of people to see it.

one sec let me mirror it for him on dropbox with the mp4
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sib9hvr7y6gbuu3/pomp%20mirror.mp4?dl=0
pomp let me know if you want me to take this down

note: might be a tad loud idk my computer is set up weird
edit again: holy forget you literally did this on note cards jesus christ
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 02:33:27 PM by Clownfish »

noice

i got a hold of some block wars models and animated a space scene. the idea was to mimic in game footage, without actually filimg anything in blockland (except the explosions). the ships are animated with element, the death egg and accompanying smaller ships are rendered images animated in 3d space, and the explosions are emitters filmed in blockland and then blended/animated like the smaller ships

i know the camera angles and intense movement give it away, i was just more so trying to make it match the overall aesthetic of blockland, and not how something would be traditionally filmed
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 05:29:27 PM by mod-man »

i got a hold of some block wars models and animated a space scene. the idea was to mimic in game footage, without actually filimg anything in blockland (except the explosions). the ships are animated with element, the death egg and accompanying smaller ships are rendered images animated in 3d space, and the explosions are emitters filmed in blockland and then blended/animated like the smaller ships

i know the camera angles and intense movement give it away, i was just more so trying to make it match the overall aesthetic of blockland, and not how something would be traditionally filmed
Dude I need those models for... reasons...

But seriously PM or post them if you want to/can

-snip-

You definitely nailed the Blockland aesthetic! The Death Egg looks like it could have been filmed in Blockland. The ships looked like they were green-screened in somehow.

I don't think a gif of Algodoo counts as "animation" ...