Author Topic: Why doesn't BL have VoIP?  (Read 1426 times)

I mean I think it would be a bad idea. We don't need to repeat a million times that kids will be kids and trolls will be trolls.

But is there an engine reason in addition to the community? Is torque capable of such a feat?

What's VoIP?

Voice Over ? ?

Basically voice chat, I'm surprised BL hasn't made a mod for it yet, MC has one now actually.

Voice Over IP

Basically voice chat, I'm surprised BL hasn't made a mod for it yet, MC has one now actually.
that sounds cringey af

we would need to be able to client/server mute players obv

Voice chat would be badass! Of course the option to mute players would be necessary.

Of course you can always add stuff to Blockland, but the benefit of hearing kids yell at each other isn't worth the time and effort that it would take to implement it.
There's a ton of other ways you can talk to people if each party wants to.

I find it funny that the assumption is that only little kids would use it when you can always just mute them and move on.

Something like this would work best as an opt-in system imo.

Forcing players to type to talk instead of using voicechat can be very useful on Blockland for filtering out annoying/stupid behavior. Most of the people that join my server these days are little kids who don't even know how to use the chat function. I can't begin to imagine how annoying it would be for me to have to deal with them yelling and screaming over the mic.

I can't begin to imagine how annoying it would be for me to have to deal with them yelling and screaming over the mic.
mute them, its that easy.

server side voice chat isn't possible without dlls

server side voice chat isn't possible
i saw that loving ninja edit

When someone finally does it, you are going to eat those words.

i saw that loving ninja edit

When someone finally does it, you are going to eat those words.
I can confirm, it's not possible without dlls. There just isn't any torquescript functionality to record voice from a microphone.