Tattoo Suggestions

Author Topic: Tattoo Suggestions  (Read 2701 times)

I'm turning 18 on Sunday and I wanted to know what would look good on the shoulder.

If you don't know what to get yet, don't get it.
You have to be 100% sure, I mean it is permanent.

It took me a year to think of what my first tattoo was going to be. Not to make it up, but to keep asking myself, do I still really want this?

If you don't have anything in mind then don't get a tattoo.

If you don't have anything in mind then don't get a tattoo.
Eh, stop being dismissive.

If you don't know what to get yet, don't get it.
You have to be 100% sure, I mean it is permanent.

It took me a year to think of what my first tattoo was going to be. Not to make it up, but to keep asking myself, do I still really want this?

One of my friends has the best method for choosing a tattoo. What he does is he finds something he really likes and prints out a picture of it. Then, he hangs it up in his room so he has to stare at it every single day. If, after a few months, he isn't sick of looking at it, it becomes a viable option.

The entire navy seals copypasta in fancy handwriting

By no means do I recommend taking other people's ideas. It lacks the intimacy of a personal tattoo, and instead is just a "I got inked cause it looked cool." If you aren't 100% sure that you want the tattoo, don't get it. Get the Blockland B!

That being said, I don't see anything wrong with sharing what I intend to do and maybe that'll help with inspiration-
Im turning both of my arms into sleeves, with nature/landscape/sky and space on my right and armor on my left. But the little details will tell stories. Supposedly my spirit animal is a lion so my left shoulder was going to be a shield/crest covering over some chainmail. But below that I want to have an old pirate's treasure map (first college mascot was the pirates, sailing is a hobby of mine, pirates vs ninjas I always go pirates. I might've been a pirate in a past life for all I know haha)The nature side is going to have runes for the elements, a little camping scene that I might dedicate to my dad, an aztec-dragon styled ouroboros in the sky, some constellations in the space scene on my bicep, nebula and deep space (David Bowie on a rocketship? jk) on my top right. I might do some trippy geometric pattern (metaphor for complexity of the universe comes from simplicity? or maybe it just sounds/looks cool as forget. idk.)

I'll copy-paste my tattoo notes in a PM for anyone interested in full detail and tattoo examples.

OP seriously just think of something important and close to you. There's temporary tattoos you can get that are custom made to be like the tattoo you want. So you can see if you wanna make it bigger or change parts of it.