Author Topic: A day at Gray Gums's Fortwars Server (Gray Gums, Hieneken, Lego Rex, Chill)  (Read 10229 times)

I understand there are already two other dramas out there about Gray Gums's stuffty administration, but honestly this incident deserves its own drama.

Two days ago, I went to Gray Gums's Fortwars server because it was the only one up and running at the time. I had known of one of Gray Gums's dramas beforehand, but I joined regardless because once again it was the only Fortwars server up and I believed at the time that Gray Gums knew of the drama too and therefore had changed his administration tactics.

That didn't happen. As it turns out, this is not just a problem with Gray Gums. The whole server is cancerous.

I joined and started building my fort. This drama heavily involves my fort (again), which has become somewhat controversial for its "force field";
Quote from: Tactical Nuke
For the following grievances to make sense, you need to know the basics of my fort. Here is a recreation made in my own server after I left;

The filmy substance surrounding the body of the fort is an anti-artillery shield, its purpose being protecting the fort while I'm AFK or swapping loadouts.
For those of you who are willing to shout "unfair", let me inform you that I cannot shoot out of my fort in this state. This is for building and being AFK only, as well as gaining my bearings after a large airstrike or some stuff. The only way I can shoot out of my fort is by pressing the ^ button on this console;

Once pressed, the windows will open and the shield will go down. Don't believe me? Here you go then;

A few minutes in, someone named Brozie joined and immediately left. Seconds later, Gray Gums banned him permanently for a completely ambiguous reason. When asked to explain himself, he said that Brozie advertised frequently at his server, even though Brozie had not said a single word in between arriving and leaving.

Later on came a series of administration failures that all centered around the same problem; brick damage. I'm pretty sure it is commonly accepted that brick damage causes tremendous lag because every time a brick is killed it is its own event and lots of bricks dying results in lots of events. Therefore, with brick damage on, shooting a person's base with a rocket launcher is akin to and, in fact, is event spam. Nonetheless, the people on the server denied that brick damage caused server-wide lag and tried to make it my fault.

Of course, Hieneken, the most adamate opposer to turning brick damage off, immediately tried to spite me by bombing my base. I had recently added a feature to my shield that made all projectiles bounce off, and he found that out all too well. Needless to say, he didn't take it kindly.

There was a rule against having forcefields on Gray Gums's server (one that was not in the rules anywhere that Hieneken and others claim Gray "said" at some point was a rule) and despite me telling the other people in the server repeatedly just how my shield worked, Hieneken still thought of it as unfair that he couldn't nuke me to death all the time.

The case was soon dropped and the server continued normally. However, a while later, Gray Gums was spotted cheating by SingularityPowered.

That too was dropped.

Enter Lego Rex. I had been sniping him from my base repeatedly up until this point and he had had enough. He began building what he called the "rainbow road" (sadly I did not think to get pictures of this), which was essentially a large amount of 16 x 32 baseplates stacked on top of each other in such a way that they reached over the entire map to where my base was. Before doing this, he too whined about the "unfair" feature in my base. Gray Gums started to encourage "raiding" me even though I was high up in the sky and they were on the ground, and before long they descended into outright childish roleplaying.

Back to the "rainbow road". It turns out Lego Rex had only built the road for one purpose, and it wasn't for a Gallery topic. It was so he could more easily attack me with relentless projectile spam (I did not get pictures of this part in particular, rather of a related incident later on). Being the stuffhead he was at the time, when I bring up his event spam he immediately denies it. Not to mention the whole ordeal was made worse because Gray Gums still had not turned off brick damage.

Gray Gums had at first only told Lego to stop. However, as the killing progressed, he soon became strangely amused by Lego's projectile spam and outright refused to ban him or even kick him.

Enter Chill.

Thankfully, not the entire server was bad; after repeated attacks by Lego and Chill, an admin named Talos tried stepping in. I say tried, because Gray immediately shot him down. By the way, brick damage was still off.

Thus began about three minutes of non-stop projectile spam and spawnkilling by Chill

After all of that, after me telling him that the base was completely fair even with the shield, after ten continuous minutes of constant bombardment and a whole half-hour of asking him to turn brick damage off, Gray Gums goes full handicap and deletes my shield so he can join in on the "fun". This was my tipping point.

My advice? Just don't go. You're not gonna have a good time in a server of immature, trigger-happy children like Gray Gums, Hieneken, Lego Rex and Chill.

I didn't get any of their IDs. I'm beating myself up over it as I type this.

Gray Gums: 161800

Lego Rex: 9166
Chill: 30139
Hieneken: 184273 (Emilio Largo)

Emilio and gray gums- everyone in that server is handicapped, dont go there.

no edit: lego rex told me this in steam

Code: [Select]
Theoretical: how was he building he was sniping me lol
Theoretical: he killed me hella times
Theoretical: he spawn killed me hella time
Theoretical: forget that guy
Theoretical: that forum post is an attempt to make us look bad, hes not as innocent as he seems
Theoretical: but after he spawn killed me hella times i then made a spawn projectile brick and i forgeted him up with my rockets
Theoretical: and it was a good night

speak for yourself, im neutral on this subject

Theoretical: that forum post is an attempt to make us look bad, hes not as innocent as he seems
Theoretical: but after he spawn killed me hella times i then made a spawn projectile brick and i forgeted him up with my rockets
If he was sniping the guys then there's no way they couldn't have shot back. A 1-way force field would be pretty damn hard to make.

>rule says no forcefield
>builds forcefield
>be shocked when people accuse you of breaking rules

"b-but I don't shoot out of it-!!"

It's still a forgetin forcefield

A 1-way force field would be pretty damn hard to make.
Actually, if you just put a large modular terrain brick over your base, it works perfectly as a shield, while still allowing you to shoot at people from inside it.

NOEDIT

I know Gray Gum's server is stuff from way too much experience, aswell as his hosting.

I mentioned in a drama before that while people were on a buildkilling streak (which he claimed was against the rules. At least he was dwanding me and screaming in chat for killing someone), instead of banning all 2-3 culprits, he decided the best thing to do is to start buildkilling aswell, completely ignoring everyone's complaints.

This should be the point when Grey gets a forums account and tries to bullstuff his way out of this.

Actually, if you just put a large modular terrain brick over your base, it works perfectly as a shield, while still allowing you to shoot at people from inside it.

This applies to any brick.

I think he was implying that it wasnt a listed rule, and if it is then it wasnt till after the fact.

admittance to using onplayertouch-spawnprojectile which is spammy af and really greasy if your using explosive projectiles

no edit: lego rex told me this in steam

speak for yourself, im neutral on this subject
I don't exactly remember my kill record on Lego but I can tell you that I don't spawnkill ever. I usually wait for you to gain your bearings before I attack again. Not to mention he's trying to justify spamming projectiles. I wouldn't listen to him if I were you.

>rule says no forcefield
>builds forcefield
>be shocked when people accuse you of breaking rules

"b-but I don't shoot out of it-!!"

It's still a forgetin forcefield
Even if it is a force field by your standards that still doesn't mean the deletion was justified. I had read all the rules at the spawn point prior to building my base, and had there been a rule prohibiting force fields then I wouldn't have built that specific fort. The problem is that Hieneken and others had seemed to decide autonomously that force fields were against the rules and justified it saying "Gray said so", even though Gray said very little on the matter, if anything at all.

ok let me just say this as someone who's played and hosted fortwars over many years: if you use forcefields on your base, you are automatically in the wrong. forcefields are one of the biggest richard moves you can do when playing fortwars, next to relay/projectile spam. you should not be surprised when you use forcefields and people get pissed about it. it doesnt matter whether or not you can shoot out of them or whether it's just for when you are afk; they are terribly unfair.

if i saw you using forcefields on my fortwars server, i'd definitely ban you too. if you want better protection against shelling, build a larger and more sturdy base. problem solved.

Later on came a series of administration failures that all centered around the same problem; brick damage. I'm pretty sure it is commonly accepted that brick damage causes tremendous lag because every time a brick is killed it is its own event and lots of bricks dying results in lots of events. Therefore, with brick damage on, shooting a person's base with a rocket launcher is akin to and, in fact, is event spam. Nonetheless, the people on the server denied that brick damage caused server-wide lag and tried to make it my fault.
where did you get this idea from? this is complete nonsense. if every brick kill was its own event, that would mean you could only destroy 1000 bricks max at a time without schedules overloading, as the game's event limit is 1000 schedules in a single instance.

other players testified they werent experiencing lag, so this problem was clearly on your end. you dont have much of a case here.

I had recently added a feature to my shield that made all projectiles bounce off, and he found that out all too well. Needless to say, he didn't take it kindly.
no stuff he didnt take to it kindly, using projectile bouncing events on forcefields is an even bigger richard move.

There was a rule against having forcefields on Gray Gums's server
oh so using forcefields was also against the host's rules? gg you're even more in the wrong

one that was not in the rules anywhere that Hieneken and others claim Gray "said" at some point was a rule)
it doesnt need to be listed cause its common sense, like freekilling in a jail rp, aiding the enemy team in a tdm, or metagaming in a murder mystery.

despite me telling the other people in the server repeatedly just how my shield worked, Hieneken still thought of it as unfair that he couldn't nuke me to death all the time.
so you think it's fair for you to make your base 100% invincible on your own whim? do you even want to play fortwars or do you just want to godmode on it? it seems to me that if you aren't willing to face enemy fire then you shouldnt play on a fort wars server. using forcefields sends the message that you're not interested in a challenge or interested in allowing yourself to be attacked. by using forcefields you are saying you expect there to be no consequences when you are attacked and for that i say, what the hell are you doing on a FORT WARS server? you are totally in the wrong here.

reading the rest i can see that gray wolf is definitely a bad admin himself, because he apparently cheats, but you're just as bad a player because you're using forcefields to make your base invulnerable.

NOEDIT: Reading this drama over again I can see that you were definitely spawncamped, and that's certainly unfair. Lego Rex and his rainbow road is definitely a richard move too. As is what Chill did.

However, let's consider some facts:
  • You deliberately built far up in the sky while everyone else was down below on the ground.
  • You put a gigantic forcefield around your base and lined it with projectile bounce events, so that you couldnt be hurt by attacks
  • You mentioned being AFK and not wanting to be killed while away
Taking these into consideration, it appears very clear to me that you were not interested in fighting. You built your base very far away from everyone else so as to make them want to attack other closer targets instead, and then to top it all off you put a gigantic freaking forcefield around it to try to make sure no one could hurt you.

Your base recreation has no tactical or even defensive design to it whatsoever, it is nice i'll give you that, but it looks like something that is meant for a city build server, not a fort war. It looks like a decorative non-combat building, and your own lack of attacks on other players coupled with your constant complaining about being attacked and your stupid forcefield tells me you didnt belong on such a type of server in the first place.

In conclusion, you were all in the wrong and you all acted like a bunch of children. You didnt play the game fairly, and neither did anyone else.

Also

There is so much arrogance in what you said here. Bragging about the fact that you're gonna drama him? Really? You lose a lot of your agreeability when you act so smug like this.

NOEDIT: Reading this drama over again I can see that you were definitely spawncamped, and that's certainly unfair. Lego Rex and his rainbow road is definitely a richard move too. As is what Chill did.

However, let's consider some facts:
  • You deliberately built far up in the sky while everyone else was down below on the ground.
  • You put a gigantic forcefield around your base and lined it with projectile bounce events, so that you couldnt be hurt by attacks
  • You mentioned being AFK and not wanting to be killed while away
Taking these into consideration, it appears very clear to me that you were not interested in fighting. You built your base very far away from everyone else so as to make them want to attack other closer targets instead, and then to top it all off you put a gigantic freaking forcefield around it to try to make sure no one could hurt you.

Your base recreation has no tactical or even defensive design to it whatsoever, it is nice i'll give you that, but it looks like something that is meant for a city build server, not a fort war. It looks like a decorative non-combat building, and your own lack of attacks on other players coupled with your constant complaining about being attacked and your stupid forcefield tells me you didnt belong on such a type of server in the first place.

In conclusion, you were all in the wrong and you all acted like a bunch of children. You didnt play the game fairly, and neither did anyone else.

Also

There is so much arrogance in what you said here. Bragging about the fact that you're gonna drama him? Really? You lose a lot of your agreeability when you act so smug like this.
I wonder if you realized that in Fort Wars people kill others while they're building because easy kills. Sky builds are more efficient to survive and a forcefield for defending you in the case of being AFK or so is not an starfish move. I don't see where you got this stuffty idea. Imagine if you went AFK in your build because mom asked you to do something. Imagine that some starfish destroys your entire base making you start all over again while you were afk. See what I mean? That's why you need forcefields for such events. Also, the shield and projectile bouncing on a force field IS unneeded, I don't see how building a shield for such things is bad. Also, OP was just building a base that he felt as secure. Although he was a little unfair at times, the badmins were extremely childish. I just wish you actually read the OP and didn't use a toaster to translate it to your friend language.

GOT DAMNIT GRAYGUMS
I told him to tell me when he he's hosting usually his server is terrible
unless I'm there justifiying and setting order at his server so he can play and I rule
I did the same thing at king steves by taking over and setting up a dominate rule.