Author Topic: NeonXSZ - We outta early access!  (Read 2499 times)

I would do a more professional-looking OP for this game because it really deserves one, but I'm pretty tired right now and won't bother, but I might edit it later.

Not enough people here (or in general) know about this game at all, and it deserves more attention.
NeonXSZ (pronounced neon excesses) is an indie singleplayer FPS 6DOF open-world game with ai acting as other players and does many things others would, so it's an MMO without the multiplayer bit. Massively Singleplayer Offline game? Yeah sure why not.

Basically in a nutshell without any punctuation this game has you flying around in a ship among hundreds of other ships battling each other inside a large station where you can buy a huge amount of upgrades and then whenever you're ready to progress further you go to the center sphere and go in arenas where you have to battle enemy ships in interesting and unique levels and whenever you complete all the arenas in that particular station you get to go to the next station that has higher tech levels and harder arenas and you basically continue this until you complete the last arena in the last station and honestly I don't really know what happens after that point I haven't gotten there yet

There's also a HUGE amount of depth to this game, such as each AI behaving differently in their own ways. The in-game help section does cover the basics, but there really is so much more to know after reading all that.

This game has been in development for 4 years, and has been available to play for a long time. After much positive feedback and improvements suggested by the community, the time has almost come for it to be officially released, which is why I made this in the first place. Technically, yes, this is in early access. However this is one of the best examples of early access games, the developer genuinely caring about his game, listening to the community, great updates. I have stayed with this game for years since it was on desura and I can wholeheartedly safely say that it has improved massively over the last few years.

Oh and have I mentioned that this was all made by one guy?

Trailer
Steam page

Also feel free to ask questions about this game since I know a lot about it and about what the dev intended, but didn't really want to put on the OP because there would be a lot of information to take in. Seriously, ask about anything like in the trailer or whatever, I don't know absolutely everything but I know enough.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 01:20:08 PM by gr8dayseth »

hello there 3D geometry wars

hello there 3D geometry wars
I can see where you're getting that vibe from lol but not quite

forget it here's some fun facts.

1. The green and blue laser beams you can find in some rooms gives you a health and energy regen boost respectively.
2. There are keybinds for basically everything on the ship's control hud thing, but you can also "freeze time" by holding right click and clicking on the buttons themselves and it works just fine.
3. Uranium (your currency) also acts as your fuel for your ship, although it goes down very slowly so it's really hard to notice, you have to try very hard to run out of fuel so you don't have to worry too much. Once that happens you must resume from a save point if you want to continue.
4. The loot that comes from ships you destroyed slowly comes towards you, except the uranium (the yellow one). Projectiles can't pass through loot either so if you're really strategic you could make it orbit you and have it act as a shield, that's pretty difficult to pull off though.
5. There's a handful of different upgrades that can drastically change your play-style. For example, a gyro shield that faces the direction your heading away from that enemies nor yourself can shoot through.
6. There's many different types of ships in the game, one even designed after the Descent ship.
7. There's 4 different factions in the game: OS, the friendly hippie good guys. Anti-Virus, friendly to the OS but will fight Virus and Malware more often. Virus, sorta sided with the Malware. Malware, the pirates who will sometimes even turn against each other. Initially you're sided with the OS and Anti-Virus, but it's dynamic with who's side you get on.
8. Green ships are friendly, red are bad. And like I said this is dynamic. From their trails you can tell what each of the ships' factions are. Green=OS Blue=AV Red=V Orange=M and White=Neutral data carriers (which are the tiny defenseless ones, they're great for farming if you want to do that sorta thing, you monster)
9. The rooms in the stations and who control them are procedurally generated, and reset when you save and load back in. The station's layout itself stays the same, but there's enough variety in it anyways imo.
10. You can change the look of the entire station from a select list of themes, which is why in some screenshots the walls look much different. You can also customize your ship's color.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 08:23:29 AM by gr8dayseth »

Like I said this deserves more attention so type your words

your words
this game actually looks p good
might check it out if i have a better computer later

your words

this game actually looks p good
might check it out if i have a better computer later
I don't believe it needs too good of a computer to run it well on lower settings (which actually doesn't look horrible but isn't as cool looking), although idk how good your computer is compared to mine
so just in case

Is it available for OSX?

I was in the alpha for this

Sorta wonder how it evolved now.

Oh and I just realized something I meant to add to the fun facts thing but forgot about:
There isn't technically a story or a plot to this game (however there is the aesthetic of being inside of a computer of some kind), the dev did this on purpose because he wanted the player to make one up if they so wished and disliked restricting plots because it didn't allow for the player to create a storyline. He actually said this in an hour-long video he made of the first hour of a game, but he removed it sometime later for whatever reason.

For example, there's a theme that helps the inside look a lot like it's underwater, so I made up a plot of a shipment of futuristic advanced supercomputers someone was transporting got dropped and was lost in the middle of the ocean, never to be seen again for a while, and soon got populated by hundreds of tiny ai ships that were meant to be nano-drones to repair the computer when needed. Soon these drones became more and more advanced, equipping themselves with dangerous weaponry and gadgets and turning against each other over the years. After some time scientists located the drowned supercomputers and noticed and were amazed by the nano-droids building up economies and fighting other factions they made up, and sent in a test subject they shrinked with a shrink-ray and sent him in with another pilotable nano-droid. That is where your story begins. What you do afterwards is up to you.

Oh and another one I forgot to mention is that everything you can get the ai ships can get too and vise-versa.

I was in the alpha for this

Sorta wonder how it evolved now.
I don't remember too much what all wasn't there but from what I can remember there's arenas, 8th weapon, main ship hulls redesigned, minimap in lower left corner as well as some more buttons in the lower right that I can't remember, missions in dock ports (delivering to another port somewhere else in the station, finding and killing another ship in the station, and completing an arena for a certain faction), shops always have a garage and ship dealerships always have a quantum teleporter (thank christ), new theme(s), and more stuff in general. Also I can't remember at all if you could even enter the sphere in the center before but you can now.

Oh and might I add that there have been 41 positive reviews on this game and 1 negative, and the negative one is... this?

Also I'd like to add that that was a terrible comeback brown townogy. You do drive a car with your feet you moron, maybe not at the steering wheel like you probably intended to say but regardless it's still miles easier than using a banana.
Yeah so ignoring that bullstuff review this game would have 100% positive reviews, which really says something about the game.

at least say if you're interested in this so I don't need to quad-bump pls because like I said this seriously does deserve more attention