Author Topic: Tier+Tactical discussion and revival ideas  (Read 2464 times)

its probably an even better idea to just rewrite everything from scratch
Rykuta shared with me that he made a rewrite of all the Tier+Tactical scripts, recycling the models but adding updated reloaded script, dynamic recoil, and working preferences with little to no issues. I've used them on my server before and I must admit that they are actually pretty decent, well balanced, etc. Aesthetically, T+T was perfect, and updating the code is definitely a way to utilize the beautiful models.

tier tactical is really hard to write/mod for cause bushido has some really stuff-tier file organization skills, despite his god-tier style and balancing.

it would be better to pull out T+T tier 1 (and more, i guess, if you felt up to it) and reorganize it (which involves code rewrite) so its more clear for modders who want to build off of it.
its probably an even better idea to just rewrite everything from scratch
Aesthetically, T+T was perfect, and updating the code is definitely a way to utilize the beautiful models.

Well I feel that this is something I'm capable of doing, give some hours learning new things. What I was looking more forward to was making more content for the pack rather than working on the technical side. I feel, for the most part, that T+T's ammo system remains stable in any given circumstance on servers, and that it's mostly conflicting addons that cause things to go awry. If anyone could break it down, why is the system bad exactly?
In school I was thinking about this and the idea came to me of remaking Tier 1 entirely, even the models and other assets, with new scripts as well. My main problem is that it wouldn't really make it the familiar Tier+Tactical any more if it uses my models, and who's to say mine would be better suited anyway?

EDIT: OT: I'm a big fan of your work, Path.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 08:58:36 PM by Gumba Jonny »

T+T is more than just the model style - its the screenshake, the bullet sizes, the bullet damage, the bullet trail, the way the shotguns don't just shoot a ton of bullets but actually have a slug projectile right when it fires.

Frog demonstrated you can make a pack that feels like T+T without being T+T - the guns worked differently and felt different, but not so much that it felt like it should have been a standalone pack with a standalone ammo system.

If you recode and reorganize T+T files, please release a version of it publicly so people can use it to develop more addon packs.

making weapons that work with t+ts ammo system sounds really fun

making weapons that work with t+ts ammo system sounds really fun
T+T ammo is really broken though

seems fine to me it never broke in game at all unless I was using a conflicting addon

I  feel, for the most part, that T+T's ammo system remains stable in any given circumstance on servers, and that it's mostly conflicting addons that cause things to go awry. If anyone could break it down, why is the system bad exactly?

EDIT: OT: I'm a big fan of your work, Path.
The main issue that has been brought up is that T+T's ammo system is years old and although it conflicts with LITERALLY EVERYTHING, it has a few bugs that are noticed. Good example is when you run out of ammo on pistols and try to reload, it repeats a reload animation indefinitely. Also the code isn't the cleanest, and it's super hard to add new functions without breaking a large percentage of stuff. Also RTB has a huge issue with AmmoGuns and loads some prefs incorrectly.

Also thanks, glad to hear people like my work :)

T+T ammo is really broken though
wow i didn't realize how terrible i phrased that.

what i meant to say was, if we could rewrite T+Ts ammo system and actually make it a standalone thing that other modders can create weapons that are compatible for it, that would sound really fun to make weapons

wow i didn't realize how terrible i phrased that.

what i meant to say was, if we could rewrite T+Ts ammo system and actually make it a standalone thing that other modders can create weapons that are compatible for it, that would sound really fun to make weapons
As I pointed out, people have already done this before. It's actually available for download lol

Weapon_Package_RY
Support_RyAssets
Support_AdvGuns

ryAssets although nice is a little outdated in terms of ui design. it's convenient for modders who don't understand how to make the item state system support ammo but overall i feel a little hesitant to use that as a first choice. ive also understood that it doesn't support bullets but that might have just been hk alpha, not the ammo script

call me crazy i suppose

As I pointed out, people have already done this before. It's actually available for download lol

Weapon_Package_RY
Support_RyAssets
Support_AdvGuns
yeah but do these use t+t's ammo models and such?

yeah but do these use t+t's ammo models and such?
no. they add support for reloading, but don't come with ammo pickups or whatever (it was planned i think but then never got done). the support includes keep round in chamber when tactical reloading, damage dropoff, and a couple other things.

Last night I started working on converting over some T+T Tier 1 weapons over to Jack Noir's system, the one that Bushido used for the Sawn-off Rifle. I still need to work some things out but right away it's just so much less cluttered than what was being used before, and it's got all of these convenient options too like defining what kind of ammo the weapon uses in the item datablock. I'm also commenting in some stuff to help modders better understand how stuff works
 Maybe I'll have it ready for release sometime this weekend!