Procedural Terrain Generator (Features Tutorial Added!)

Poll

What is your favorite feature included in version 3?

Infinite terrain
239 (11%)
Finite terrain
139 (6.4%)
Support for various brick sizes, terrain types, and ModTer sizes and types
171 (7.9%)
Color, Print, and Brick setup
144 (6.6%)
Landscape Additions (Mountains, Caves, Clouds, Floating Islands & Boundaries)
176 (8.1%)
Biomes, Details and Mass Detail Setup
164 (7.5%)
Chunk saving and loading options
130 (6%)
GUIs and Presets
156 (7.2%)
Advanced Options (such as manipulating noise scales)
140 (6.4%)
Routines Options (delays, toggling brick destruction, setting up permissions and ownership, etc.)
125 (5.8%)
Custom Bricks and Dynamic Cascading Streams
140 (6.4%)
Floating Brick Support
151 (6.9%)
Multiple User Support
137 (6.3%)
Build Loading and Flat Areas
161 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 325

Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator (Features Tutorial Added!)  (Read 88575 times)

I'm hosting some PTG fort wars if anybody wants to play. My in-game name is JesusFish.

loving fantastic add-on like no other, not much else to say for me

Woah what
This is blockland?

thanks for letting me test a long while back :D

Watching the video, and I again noticed the odd look when saves are loaded.  Is there a way to add a pref where the terrain spawns first, and then it loads the save? So we could do ruins types of things where buildings would be flush with the terrain?

Also, it would be nice to have the option for more than 3 custom biomes, just in case (if possible).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:56:13 PM by DaBlocko »

Thanks guys =) I hope y'all find this mod very useful.

Is there anyway to make the modter look more smooth and less blocky?
Yes, if you stretch out the hills using the noise scale settings under Advanced options, it'll make terrain look more smooth when using ModTer, especially for the smaller height-scale bricks. Some of the GUI presets included might demonstrate how to do that as well.

thanks for letting me test a long while back :D
No problem!

Watching the video, and I again noticed the odd look when saves are loaded.  Is there a way to add a pref where the terrain spawns first, and then it loads the save? So we could do ruins types of things where buildings would be flush with the terrain?

Also, it would be nice to have the option for more than 3 custom biomes, just in case (if possible).
I can look into that for the future, especially adding more custom biomes. And you mean to make brick saves adjust the height of each brick relative to the terrain, instead of flattening it? Because there is an option to either load saves relative to the highest or lowest area of the terrain; what's shown in the trailer and the screenshots are saves loaded relative to the highest area.

btw that tester ID you have for me is not the one i use, i use 18947
Fixed
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 11:28:22 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Any way I can get it to use 32x cubescapes for like deserts and whatever?

Any way I can get it to use 32x cubescapes for like deserts and whatever?
Sure, you can either choose the 32x cube brick for the landscape under Setup options, or use the 32x ModTer brick with the ModTer type set to "Cubes".

Btw, patch 3.0.2 was released, which includes some slight fixes for automatically pausing / halting routines when exceeding the brick limit buffer.

the biggest single bl addon to date

1.49mb of pure win

Absolutely phenomenal.

Wow, so much work has been put into this, and it is awesome