Author Topic: I'm attempting to build a spaceship for a project  (Read 2266 times)

So far only the exterior has been made over the course of a weekend. This is pretty much the first ship I've made besides one other project.

Is there anything I can change to make it look better?

I've never been a huge fan of flat thrusters on spaceships, to me it looks ugly and flat

You should consider looking at the ISS and space probes for some ideas though, spaceships dont have to be streamlined

Finished version will have a bunch more outside the exterior, including a cargo shuttle it tows on the underside and occasionally having an orbiting satellite or smaller ship

With the flat thrusters, I was going to have something kind of like the enterprise's wing thrusters, but I eventually decided in the simpler design it is now for the sake of simplicity

Curve the back of the ship and have a thruster design like the millennium falcon, it would look better and require minimal modifications. Now I don't mean a circle giant curve I mean like an oval.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 12:29:59 PM by Bester Bageler »

Curve the back of the ship and have a thruster design like the millennium falcon, it would look better and require minimal modifications. Now I don't mean a circle giant curve I mean like an oval.

Alright, I'll try that out!

Astronaut playertype
Anyways, this build is amazing so far!

The project I'm working on is basically a by-the-books space roleplay. At the start of every 'round', everyone is assigned to their job and the overarching goal is to survive each FTL jump towards your destination and perform your job.

Right now, I have a few ideas for events, but until then, details will be minimal.

The bridge looks like Squidward's house. Other than that it looks pretty good to me.

NEW SPECIES OF ALIENS CONFIRMED TO BE IN THE PROJECT!!!

The project I'm working on is basically a by-the-books space roleplay. At the start of every 'round', everyone is assigned to their job and the overarching goal is to survive each FTL jump towards your destination and perform your job.

Right now, I have a few ideas for events, but until then, details will be minimal.
If you are doing an rp here is my suggestion: Have every station be equipped with a bot that is able to "perform" the job. Event on the bots spawn something like this
Code: [Select]
1 X OnBotActivate > Client > ChatMessage > [message]
2 X OnBotActivate > Self > ToggleEventsEnabled > 1 2 3 4
3    OnBotActivate > Client > ChatMessage > [message]
4    OnBotActivate > Self >ToggleEventsEnabled > 3 4 5 6
So the bot cycles through some basic dialogue. Have a hidden room where you can enable/disable any bots you please. This way there is always a full crew if not a full server. Also this can be used on larger ships where the only positions people should play as is part of command.

I was planning on having this implemented on some of the ARES space role plays but never got around to it before we closed down the shop.

If you are doing an rp here is my suggestion: Have every station be equipped with a bot that is able to "perform" the job. Event on the bots spawn something like this
Code: [Select]
1 X OnBotActivate > Client > ChatMessage > [message]
2 X OnBotActivate > Self > ToggleEventsEnabled > 1 2 3 4
3    OnBotActivate > Client > ChatMessage > [message]
4    OnBotActivate > Self >ToggleEventsEnabled > 3 4 5 6
So the bot cycles through some basic dialogue. Have a hidden room where you can enable/disable any bots you please. This way there is always a full crew if not a full server. Also this can be used on larger ships where the only positions people should play as is part of command.

I was planning on having this implemented on some of the ARES space role plays but never got around to it before we closed down the shop.

That would actually be a pretty interesting idea, and I will definitely look into having bots be a part of the crew.

With that said, I'm only probably going to be hosting at optimal times when everyone can get on and plan ahead of time what kind of event I'm going to be running for that particular session. Right now I'm only in the planning stages of the roleplay, so I will definitely consider this idea

That would actually be a pretty interesting idea, and I will definitely look into having bots be a part of the crew.

With that said, I'm only probably going to be hosting at optimal times when everyone can get on and plan ahead of time what kind of event I'm going to be running for that particular session. Right now I'm only in the planning stages of the roleplay, so I will definitely consider this idea

You should have some enviroments for scenarios, like abandoned space stations, moons and such. It can get boring being stuck in one place and trying to roleplay your way through it

I would suppose with the terrain generator if you wanted to make actual planets/moons it would be pretty easy

You should have some enviroments for scenarios, like abandoned space stations, moons and such. It can get boring being stuck in one place and trying to roleplay your way through it

Already preparing a few different locations of varying sizes. I don't wanna say too much to avoid spoiling the surprise for a couple, but I agree on it being boring to be stuck in one ship the entire time

Is it just me and my monitor, or are these pics extremely dark?
I can't really make out anything in any detail.

NEW SPECIES OF ALIENS CONFIRMED TO BE IN THE PROJECT!!!

-snip-

super cringe