Planet Bricks

Author Topic: Planet Bricks  (Read 6156 times)

i think that you can delete the ground with a console command, similar to this one
but thats only a guess

maybe Ground.delete();
P sure it's groundPlane.delete();

i think that you can delete the ground with a console command, similar to this one
but thats only a guess

maybe Ground.delete();
Thats useful but I might just go with just a space skybox like stars and stuff

I was able to make such this into a brick, but I wasn't able to use a 64x64 plate.
Blockland doesn't allow for anything bigger then 64x64 and for me to make a 64x64 plate planet, the planet sphere would be a bigger scale then 64x64.

32x32 Plate Planet Sphere

Inside the sphere is a 32x32 plate that you can build on
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 02:59:18 PM by RallyBlock »

Well you could do this with modter.

Well you could do this with modter.
That would look weird and making bricks isn't that difficult so why not try.

I was able to get all the sizes, from 16x16 to 64x64. Each planet has a baseplate inside it.

I forgot to smooth shade them, so they do look weird.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 02:59:31 PM by RallyBlock »

I was able to make such this into a brick, but I wasn't able to use a 64x64 plate.
Blockland doesn't allow for anything bigger then 64x64 and for me to make a 64x64 plate planet, the planet sphere would be a bigger scale then 64x64.

32x32 Plate Planet Sphere

Inside the sphere is a 32x32 plate that you can build on

Pictures arnt working please repost them i definitely want to see

They might be fixed now
Nice do you think you could make a server and let me try it?

Just try them out for yourself.

Brick_Planets.zip
Print_Planet_Planets.zip
Dude this is really loving cool but is there any possible way to increase the size?

Since bricks can only be a 64x cube in size why not split the planet brick up? Let's say instead of being one brick it was multiple. 43, 16 bricks for the bottom, 24 bricks for the middle layers, and 16 more for the top. 56 bricks in total. The bottom is solid but the top parts are hollow zones so people can build in it. The outside is one solid color print so people can color the inside what ever. Here is an example with mod terrain:

See how the upper edges should have no thickness? The bricks should be made like this but round.

This could also work on 23 of 8 bricks and 33 scale of 26 bricks. In total for the planets there should be the following:

16x  planet (for mini-empires I guess) 1 brick
32x planet 1 brick
64x planet 1 brick
128x planet 8 bricks
192x planet 26 bricks
256x planet 56 bricks

In total 93 bricks, 16x-64x can share textures but above that it should be more specialized. It should probably be it's own category in bricks and not under baseplates.

Since bricks can only be a 64x cube in size why not split the planet brick up? Let's say instead of being one brick it was multiple. 43, 16 bricks for the bottom, 24 bricks for the middle layers, and 16 more for the top. 56 bricks in total. The bottom is solid but the top parts are hollow zones so people can build in it. The outside is one solid color print so people can color the inside what ever. Here is an example with mod terrain:

See how the upper edges should have no thickness? The bricks should be made like this but round.

This could also work on 23 of 8 bricks and 33 scale of 26 bricks. In total for the planets there should be the following:

16x  planet (for mini-empires I guess) 1 brick
32x planet 1 brick
64x planet 1 brick
128x planet 8 bricks
192x planet 26 bricks
256x planet 56 bricks

In total 93 bricks, 16x-64x can share textures but above that it should be more specialized. It should probably be it's own category in bricks and not under baseplates.

This could actually work plus it would fit the blockland style instead of being a circle.

-snip

I don't know if I would want to spend the time into making all that, I kind of was doing this because it seemed like a easy thing I could do in one day

Edit:

I am able to make the sphere part of the planet as big as I want, but the baseplate inside the planet would have to be a 64x64 max for it to work. Unless I made it so players are able to place the baseplates inside the planets themselves

This is three times the size of the 64x64 planet

And I was able to fit 9 64x64 baseplates inside it

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 07:12:48 PM by RallyBlock »

making bricks isn't that difficult

Spherical bricks bigger than cubes that also have the inside hollow and the top part with no collision isn't exactly easy.

Not to mention bricks don't have textures.