Streetwear Megathread ///

Poll

Arizona Tea?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Streetwear Megathread ///  (Read 83063 times)

What is streetwear?

Clothing styles derived by skateboard, surf, hip hop, and retro 80s/90s sensibilities. Streetwear continues to evolve in modernity, but tends to be distinguishable as an urban style to the general public.
Users here are welcome to show off their latest outfits and engage others in discussion about fashion expression.

I'm new to streetwear, where should I start?

Basics

($ = How expensive.)
Budget basics [Low tier]

$-$$

Uniqlo
H&M
American Apparel
Zara
Elwood

[Mid Tier]

$$-$$$

John Elliott
Kith Classics
Reigning Champ
Carhatt WIP
Adyn
Wings and Horns

High end [Top Tier]

$$$-$$$$

Alexander Wang
YEEZY
Sandro
Acne
Nid De Guepes
APC
Fear Of God

Tops:
You should have a wide array of different kinds of shirts so your fits can be versatile and you aren't wearing the same shirt in all your fits.

Pocket TeesButton-UpsLong SleevesShort SleevesCurved HemLong-Line Tee

Bottoms:
There are more than just bootcut jeans in life.

Slim Fit Tapered JeansChinosWool pantsMilitia (Uniques from I Love Ugly brand)

Raw Denim:
“What Is Raw Denim?
Rather, when is denim classified as "raw"? The answer to this question is amazingly simple. It all has to do with washing. Raw Denim is any denim that is untreated or unwashed and is therefore left in an unadulterated form. The opposite of this is pre-washed, pre-distressed, or treated denim. Below is an example to illustrate the difference.”
Wearing raw denim can result in sickfades.

A few raw denim brands to check out:

Naked And Famous $$$
Nudie Jeans $$$
Momotaro $$$$
Japan Blue $$$$
Unbranded $$
APC $$$

Shoes:

Asics
Gel Lyte IIIGel Lyte VGel Lyte Saga

Adidas
Ultra BoostStan SmithSuperStarTubular

Nike
Air PrestoAir Max 95Air Max 90Air Max Zero

Air Force One LowAir Force One HighFlyknit Racer

Designer/High End:
Maison Martin Margiela [MMM]
Rick Owens
Raf Simons
Kris Van Assche (KVA)
Y-3
Visvim
Saint Laurent
Common ProjectsYEEZY
Yeezy x adidas 750Yeezy x adidas 350
Replicas
Futures
GeoBaskets
High Tops
Low Tops
Rafdidas
Platforms
Robots
Ozweego
High Tops
MultiLaces
Qasa Highs
Boost QR
Retro Boost
FBT
Duck Boots
Guide To Visvim
Wyatt Boots
High Tops
Low Tops
Chelsea Boots
Achiles mid-top
original achilles
Air yeezy 1
Air yeezy 2
Grey
Triple black
Turtle dove
Pirate black
Moon rock
Tan oxford

Outerwear:

The following is a list of coats and jackets; If it is cold where you live I recommend you have 2 or 3 different styles of outerwear that you can work into fits

Camel CoatTrench CoatParkaDown JacketCoach JacketBomber/ma-1Field Jacket

Layering:
A major key to putting your outfit together is layers. Layering can either be executed well or not so great.

A few pieces to consider when layering are:
Curved hem and Long Line:

Seriously, layer your long stuff under your short stuff and your big stuff over your thin stuff, the point of the curved hem and longline tees are to hang lower than the rest of your tops and the top is hidden so the curv hangs out and acts as a sort of accent.
A few combinations for layering are:
Hoodie under coat/jacket
Flannel over Hoodie
long line tee/curved hem under a normal tee under a light jacket

Layering can also apply to socks the picture here illustrates a pair of thin wool socks with the models pants tucked into them, when you combine thin fabrics it flows smoothly and is pleasing to the eye

Inspo:

What is the point of this thread?:

The point of this thread is to welcome users to the streetwear fashion, and of course for enthusiasts to share their sets, their pick-ups, their grails, their favorite brands, and to share their inspo.
We are also here to answer any questions, don't be afraid to ask anything at all!!

Disclaimer:

Not every brand is listed in here. E.g Jordans, Vans, Allstars, and many more. This doesn't mean they aren't streetwear.
Streetwear is a fashion, if you don't follow said fashion, or any fashion at all, that is completely fine. Wear whatever you like, do you. If you don't wear what the people in this thread wear, that doesn't mean anything.

Every opinion is welcome in this thread. If you think it's a waste to spend big on clothing, or if you don't like the fashion, that's fine! Ask as much as you'd like, as long as any posts aren't of bad-nature.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 04:37:06 PM by Donnies Catch »

I wear a plaid shirt with denim jeans and sneakers does that count

I've got a few homies who've started up their own streetwear brand, should check it out if you're interested

http://www.elevatestreetwear.com/
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 03:45:36 AM by Rally »

I wear a plaid shirt with denim jeans and sneakers does that count
Flannel is totally streetwear!

I've got a few homies this side of the pacific who've started up their own streetwear brand, should check it out if you're interested

Wow this is awesome! I can put it in OP if you'd like. I love supporting new brands.

buying cloths is loving ridiculous because you either get cheap walmart trash or you end up ruining your bank account for one outfit

I've got a few homies this side of the pacific who've started up their own streetwear brand, should check it out if you're interested

Should have been named "wesellvarioustshirts.com"

Should have been named "wesellvarioustshirts.com"

Yeah, management is a nightmare. It's run by three dudes, one's a cooker, the other is lazy, and the other guy is actually the founder who's too afraid to kick both their loving asses. Creating a design and peddling is a 400 step process and usually just gets veto'd in the end, hence they end up with about 1 design a year.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 02:52:46 PM by Rally »

I cannot seem to ever find pants that truly fit me that don't cost a fortune. It's infuriating, really.

Ideally I'd wear a 28x34 or a 29x34 BUT NOBODY SEEMS TO MAKE THAT SIZE AAAGH so instead I have to settle for like 30x32 and then my pants are to short when I sit.

;-;

I cannot seem to ever find pants that truly fit me that don't cost a fortune. It's infuriating, really.

Ideally I'd wear a 28x34 or a 29x34 BUT NOBODY SEEMS TO MAKE THAT SIZE AAAGH so instead I have to settle for like 30x32 and then my pants are to short when I sit.

;-;
i know exactly what you mean. i'm about 30x34 and i only have been able to get one pair of pants in that size

is it just me or is the page stretch insane

anyways, i'm glad a thread like this was made. all of my girl friends make fun of me for being into streetwear, but i love the self-expression and just overall feel of dressing nicer than the average person around me. although, i'd never spend loads of money to look nice; i typically only buy things that are on sale. the most expensive piece of clothing i own is a $160 jacket i got for half off because i found one with a small defect in it lol

i'm not going to lay out all of my outfits and post pics of them or anything like that, but i'll do what i can later to find pics of outfits that are as close to mine as possible. i'd like to see others' as well

OP do you think you could split that shoe section into two rows? I've got a 1600x900 monitor but I'm only seeing half of the page at a time.

Yeah pagestretch is really bad

Pair of blue/black jeans, old leather shoes, bandana used as a headband to keep my hair back, bland T-shirt, and sometimes a watch. Simple enough
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 12:32:54 PM by Alyx Vance »

OP do you think you could split that shoe section into two rows? I've got a 1600x900 monitor but I'm only seeing half of the page at a time.
my bad, i have 75% zoom and a few plugins so i can't really see. its this better?