Author Topic: Dumb rules you see on servers  (Read 3157 times)

there should just be one big thread called: dumb rules thread
where everyone posts dumb rules so things like this dont happen
Post dumb rules you see on servers.

if you don't like the rules a server has, why would you join it?
and if it's your first time there, just leave. this is the opposite of a problem

and if it's your first time there, just leave. this is the opposite of a problem

Ask the people on the Annoying Orange thread

"have fun!"
forget you ill have fun if i so choose

noedit: Its more of a thing having to do with, warning people that certain servers have dumb rules. To avoid sparking an unnecessary drama. Same reason there's a Stupid Bans, Kicks, and Mutes thread. But in that thread they don't include this. Otherwise something like the Annoying Orange thread will happen, a lot. I mean, its not really going to stop them, but it will lower the amount. I'd tell you to move the same argument to that thread but it'd be cross-posting.

Honor-system rules for half completed mods for complex gamemodes that dont legit exist.

You know. Like every server does.

I disable jets so people don't fly into my castle.

i usually have movement, camera, jets etc disabled for non admin players so they don't get in my way

How are you supposed to know what the rules are before you join?  People don't make their server names the list of their rules, do they?

How are you supposed to know what the rules are before you join?  People don't make their server names the list of their rules, do they?
well my server is usually called no mondays so i put my rules in the title

noedit: Its more of a thing having to do with, warning people that certain servers have dumb rules. To avoid sparking an unnecessary drama. Same reason there's a Stupid Bans, Kicks, and Mutes thread. But in that thread they don't include this. Otherwise something like the Annoying Orange thread will happen, a lot. I mean, its not really going to stop them, but it will lower the amount. I'd tell you to move the same argument to that thread but it'd be cross-posting.
"stupid bans, kicks, and mutes" doesn't include times when you broke the host's rules, because then it would not be a stupid ban, kick, or mute...
the drama thread you're talking about is an instance where this guy went to someone's server and intentionally broke a rule in an attempt to make the host mad. do you really think that's reasonable?
How are you supposed to know what the rules are before you join?  People don't make their server names the list of their rules, do they?
I don't know how to respond to this. you deliberately ignored the part of my post that addressed that problem. you even removed it from the quote, as if to pretend I hadn't said it

I removed it because I wasn't addressing it, but I'll address that now.  There's nothing wrong with addressing servers that have bad rules/hosts, so they are therfore bad servers?  This is a good thing, it's what drama is all about.

this stuff is dismissive as hell. get out of here dude.

There's nothing wrong with addressing servers that have bad rules/hosts, so they are therfore bad servers?  This is a good thing, it's what drama is all about.
you not wanting to follow the rules doesn't make the server bad. unless we're going to start keeping a list of all the rules on every server, it's pointless (and incredibly subjective)
every single blockland server is not hosted for your sake. if someone doesn't want something to happen or be said or talked about on their server, that's their decision. and if you don't like it, there are plenty of servers that probably don't have the rules you don't like. it's not a difficult thing to do
until konig joined that server and started it, everything was probably perfectly peaceful and drama-free. the problem was with him, not the host
this stuff is dismissive as hell. get out of here dude.
since disagreeing now means you're being dismissive I've reported your post for being dismissive, enjoy your ban chucklehead

any of the ones on nuclear bear's server