Poll

-

-
-

Author Topic: Overwatch Megathread  (Read 780864 times)

In terms of play-style, yeah, but I don't feel inclined at all to go and play TF2 if Overwatch is available.

They are still different games though.

Overwatch's characters have one weapon each (Torbjorn has two and D.Va also if you count the sidearm), 2 to 3 abilites with cooldowns, and one ultimate ability. Sounds a bit like Dota in first person, no?

Team Fortress 2's characters have three weapons and two tools each, plus you can get more to mix and match them.

So TF2 is its own twist on first person shooters while Overwatch is Dota in first person. I'm not implying the latter is a bad concept.

If I want to describe Overwatch I would say it's like TF2 but with LoL-esque abilities.

And by saying that I don't mean that either of those two games have original game ideas, but as a player of both games, I can relate to them while playing this game. ok

Too bad TF2 and Overwatch are, like, completely different games.
no they are actually pretty damn similar

and its sad because theres a scout-shaped hole in my scoutless heart that OW cant fill
i wish tracer was from boston and had a loudmouth too ):
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 10:49:19 AM by Donnies Catch »

you sure you're not looking at the origins/collectors edition? find the base game only and that should be closer to your expected price point.
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/buy/#overwatch-edition

Yup I'm just handicapped, it's still an extra $12 but it's an improvement I guess.

Too bad TF2 and Overwatch are, like, completely different games.

no way

too bad tf2 is forgetin dead to me
thanks gun mettle
thanks loving MATCHMAKING UPDATE
WHY DID YOU PUT MATCHMAKING IN NOT COMP GAMES
THAT'S forgetIN DUMB

and its sad because theres a scout-shaped hole in my scoutless heart that OW cant fill
i wish tracer was from boston and had a loudmouth too ):

Isn't Tracer's awesome British accent enough to live with?

Isn't Tracer's awesome British accent enough to live with?
You know, people complain about her accent being terrible, but her voice actor is from Yorkshire in England. I have a feeling it's actually pretty accurate for where she grew up.

You know, people complain about her accent being terrible, but her voice actor is from Yorkshire in England. I have a feeling it's actually pretty accurate for where she grew up.
people are just too used to the stuffty american British accents that they think are the real ones.

You know, people complain about her accent being terrible,

Wew lad. Yet another case where my opinion is against the rest of the world. Or it could just be what Flatflyer said.

They are still different games though.

Overwatch's characters have one weapon each (Torbjorn has two and D.Va also if you count the sidearm), 2 to 3 abilites with cooldowns, and one ultimate ability. Sounds a bit like Dota in first person, no?

Team Fortress 2's characters have three weapons and two tools each, plus you can get more to mix and match them.

So TF2 is its own twist on first person shooters while Overwatch is Dota in first person. I'm not implying the latter is a bad concept.

The two games are literally the same gamemodes. Payload, control point, and koth.
They have different style loadouts, sure, but that's not what defines the genre

The two games are literally the same gamemodes. Payload, control point, and koth.
They have different style loadouts, sure, but that's not what defines the genre

Capture the Flag, Payload Race, 5-Control-Points, Doomsday, Territorial Control (It's getting popular because it has official matchmaking now), Medieval Mode (same) that alien abduction thing...

Capture the Flag, Payload Race, 5-Control-Points, Doomsday, Territorial Control (It's getting popular because it has official matchmaking now), Medieval Mode (same) that alien abduction thing...

The point is that many concepts from TF2 have been carried over and built upon, leaving an underlying TF2 feel.

The point is that many concepts from TF2 have been carried over and built upon, leaving an underlying TF2 feel.

It is not TF2 if you don't have to worry about disguised and/or invisible enemies. Unless that's what Sombra's gonna be.

got junkensteins monster wotwot

There are stealth callout voice lines for a lot of the heroes, so it's likely that's what Sombra is going to have.