Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2216484 times)

dude instead of this army bullstuff we should use all of our military budget to make a giant death robot

dude instead of this army bullstuff we should use all of our military budget to make a giant death robot

we should use that money to repair our bridges, dams and roads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzXAbm55DOE

yea fix those dam roads and bridges

the state of roads in america makes me cry

i live next to a loving highway aaaa

ngl if Annoying Orange focused his resources on infrastructure renewal he'd go down in history past eisenhower

i live on a chip seal road stuff is wack af

Maybe for something like that, sure. But an MRAP is fairly unique in that it's forgetin heavy as stuff, you sit really high up, and you can't see very well out of it.

[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1e/Poly_Technologies_Inc._CS-VP3_MRAP.jpg[/img ]

It would be a loving MESS if someone were to be accidentally run over with one of these things. That isn't a risk you want to take in a sensitive situation (for example, a riot or protest which can easily explode in into violence). I'll admit that I don't know too much about these vehicles, but (and don't laugh too much) I can't see stuff out of the Arma 3 MRAP. That thing is based on the M-ATV, which is very similar to the one in the picture, except the MATV has BETTER visibility.

That's basically why I think that having these are a bad idea. It's a potential liability unless you have it on good authority that you're gonna be driving around landmines and RPGs. Maybe a Humvee or a similar militarized vehicle would fit the role better, being that they're more durable than a standard cop car and have a similar intimidating effect.
they're not hard to drive, trust me, its just a matter of getting comfortable with it, like any vehicle
visibility is bad yes, but you have a second person helping you out in the passenger seat when you need to turn and driving straight is pretty straight forward
also it's a huge waste of money. thats like buying teddie roosevelt's double barrel shotgun just to hunt a deer. why not just buy a regular ass shotgun and not a $800,000 one?

i dont see any IEDs or tank-shredding mines being deployed in loving berkely or charlotteville.... so whats the point of using a loving mine-resistant jeep?
i don't think you understand
they're already built from stuff in the middle east
police departments are getting them from the dod for little to no cost via the 1033 program
they arent making more for police departments, i don't even think most departments could afford to buy one
we already are

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/us/politics/Annoying Orange-tower-putin-felix-sater.html?smid=tw-share

What do you guys think of this article

research nanotechnology

we should use that money to repair our bridges, dams and roads

We can do that with giant robots, it's a win-win

I propose if we were to make army robots of some kind I propose ATs. They aren't very large, so making a ton of them will be easy. Also having motors in the legs also helps keep center of mass down, we don't want our boys to be tipping everywhere.