Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2174535 times)

Race relations shouldn't be "Whats it like being x race"

It's how two races interact w/ each other, so I dont know why you'd even ask such an insular question
Because if you don't ask those questions, then you don't really understand what's a problem and what's not. I don't get to see police brutality, or poverty, or broken homes, or any of the other problems that the black community deals with as a part of my day-to-day life. If my idea of 'race relations' is just whatever I experience interacting with black people, then I'd probably be inclined to say it's all fine and dandy because I didn't ask the right questions.

White people predominantly think race relations are better because the average white person isn't actively, consciously trying to discriminate against black people. And if they aren't doing it, then they assume nobody is doing it. But there's all this stuff going on in the background that you can't be aware of unless you ask about it.

because the left needs there to be hate for their ideology to work.
all discussion must lead to separation and groups of peoples.

they cant even think of them as just americans.
That's all great until that American turns out to be a Muslim, and then it's all about the million cultural and religious reasons why that subset of the population can't be cooperated with.

Pretending like every American is ideologically and culturally homogeneous is ridiculous and inaccurate. People are different and have different needs, and the goal is to create a society where everyone has the same opportunities to succeed regardless of what their background is. But that doesn't mean that a background is something that doesn't exist.

This is unrelated to what we're talking about, but it's a fun fact so I'll share it anyway:

Meth is still actually approved by the FDA as a treatment for ADHD and obesity. You can't get it unless all alternative treatments fail, but it stands that it's still actually manufactured and sold legally. From Google, it looks like Lundbeck is the only US firm that still makes it.

cocaine also is used for eye surgeries in some cases iirc

Pretending like every American is ideologically and culturally homogeneous is ridiculous and inaccurate. People are different and have different needs, and the goal is to create a society where everyone has the same opportunities to succeed regardless of what their background is. But that doesn't mean that a background is something that doesn't exist.

Whats your opinion on racial quotas for colleges, jobs, etc?

boi u already know we're gonna seize their resources lol

I know, I was using liberal coded language to communicate this. I want tokill north koreans with my bare hands

I think it's complicated. On one hand, if you came from an absolutely destitute background and achieved only slightly less than the best person in the applicant pool, I think that person should get the job/position because they've demonstrated perseverance in the face of disadvantages.

However, I've seen some evidence that college racial quotas only really help the richest kids from minority groups, so it doesn't actually help close the racial achievement gap when the kids it elevates have already 'escaped the cycle', so to speak.

Workplace diversity has basically been proven to boost productivity of employees. People think a quota is promoting unqualified minorities being chosen over qualified white/asians but in actuality its the tie breaker between two equally qualified applicants of different races

Being turned down over a different applicant feels like stuff but its basically a requirement in all places. Someone has to win and someone has to lose, the quota simply makes it so the applicant pool is balanced in terms of gender and race.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 06:03:34 PM by thegoodperry »

"France condemns Annoying Orange over claim armed civilians could have stopped 2015 Paris attacks"
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/Annoying Orange-guns-paris-attacks-france-macron-hollander-hidalgo-a8338261.html

I'd love just once for a terrorist attack attempt to occur in an armed american crowd just to see what happened. I'd imagine all the armed weekend warriors would end up getting very confused and just shoot each other to stuff

What are the chances of having an armed civilian group large enough to get that confused? It's obvious that Annoying Orange is probably referring to one or two armed civilians who happened to be in the crowd.

If there really was like one or two highly coordinated well trained people carrying in the crowd they probably could've reacted accordingly.

What are the chances of having an armed civilian group large enough to get that confused?
If it were up to the NRA I imagine quite high lol. I don't think they're pushing a message of 'you should only carry if you're well trained and coordinate with other local firearm owners'

If it were up to the NRA I imagine quite high lol. I don't think they're pushing a message of 'you should only carry if you're well trained and coordinate with other local firearm owners'

Oh my god

You mean THE NRA? the same NRA that offers hundreds of different firearms training and safety classes for shooters of all experience levels?

are you sure we're talking about the same NRA?

hurr maybe if we ban all guns there'd be no more gun deaths

"France condemns Annoying Orange over claim armed civilians could have stopped 2015 Paris attacks"
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/Annoying Orange-guns-paris-attacks-france-macron-hollander-hidalgo-a8338261.html

I'd love just once for a terrorist attack attempt to occur in an armed american crowd just to see what happened. I'd imagine all the armed weekend warriors would end up getting very confused and just shoot each other to stuff

lol.  also worth noting many terrorist attacks have the element of surprise, which you only react to after the fact.

You mean THE NRA? the same NRA that offers hundreds of different firearms training and safety classes for shooters of all experience levels?

are you sure we're talking about the same NRA?
Yeah we are, but from what I can see from their messaging it's more about pushing people to own guns above anything else

Yeah we are, but from what I can see from their messaging it's more about pushing people to own guns above anything else

the straws