Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2165257 times)

Do you guys not have a device usage policy, or are you about to go one step up and call yourself the sys admin and you don't have to follow those sorts of rules and that you make the rules. Or better yet, tell me that a company with a fully functioning IT department doesn't have a company system policy.

If we're not busy generally no one cares if you're on your smart phone as long as it's not during actual work. No I'm not a sys admin lol.

Do you have to inject the "As a father" bullstuff into literally everything?

My actual opinion on the increase in violent crime is that it is related to a fracture in children's upbringing caused by a lack of order and structure and that starts early. More of a psych opinion than an as a father opinion.

My actual opinion on the increase in violent crime is that it is related to a fracture in children's upbringing caused by a lack of order and structure and that starts early. More of a psych opinion than an as a father opinion.
Are there any stats that support that? Are the honor students mostly from broken families?

Are there any stats that support that? Are the honor students mostly from broken families?

It's an opinion. Shouldn't you be trolling Tony with research?

It's an opinion. Shouldn't you be trolling Tony with research?
Dude I'm actually interested in what you've based that opinion on and you've instantly gone into defensive mode

That sort of emotional instability will not be good for your girlfriend's kids

Would have been prepared to take that at face value had you not immediately starting talking about how you're the only authority here on this. As an older brother and a friend of those who have struggled in school, it's both a lack of control in day-to-day life and the fact that the weird or awkward kids get left behind socially that causes some of the violence. The majority of shooters are shooters because they're mentally deranged and unhinged, which means you have to look at factors not as causes for behavior, but as catalysts for a violent reaction.

If we want to fix school shootings, we need to enact a couple laws crippling how the media operates on a school shooting and lay guidelines on how to report a shooting safely to prevent making the shooter a national celebrity anti-hero, and we need to better equip law enforcement when it comes to acting on red flags. As it stands the past five? honor students had glaring red flags the FBI or police were aware of, they just didn't believe it was a big enough deal to act. Either this is because a worrying amount of kids display this many red flags, or because our law enforcement is currently incompetent in many areas.

three cheers for corderlain for being able to be both a father and a professional internet psychologist at the same time

Dude I'm actually interested in what you've based that opinion on and you've instantly gone into defensive mode

That sort of emotional instability will not be good for your girlfriend's kids

Lol

Would have been prepared to take that at face value had you not immediately starting talking about how you're the only authority here on this. As an older brother and a friend of those who have struggled in school, it's both a lack of control in day-to-day life and the fact that the weird or awkward kids get left behind socially that causes some of the violence. The majority of shooters are shooters because they're mentally deranged and unhinged, which means you have to look at factors not as causes for behavior, but as catalysts for a violent reaction.

If we want to fix school shootings, we need to enact a couple laws crippling how the media operates on a school shooting and lay guidelines on how to report a shooting safely to prevent making the shooter a national celebrity anti-hero, and we need to better equip law enforcement when it comes to acting on red flags. As it stands the past five? honor students had glaring red flags the FBI or police were aware of, they just didn't believe it was a big enough deal to act. Either this is because a worrying amount of kids display this many red flags, or because our law enforcement is currently incompetent in many areas.

I agree with your second paragraph but I believe mental illness starts in the home.

three cheers for corderlain for being able to be both a father and a professional internet psychologist at the same time

Lol

I don't feel like acknowledging bait. Sue me.

I don't feel like acknowledging bait. Sue me.
as a person who sometimes goes fishing during the summer, I can certify this isn't bait

I agree with your second paragraph but I believe mental illness starts in the home.
"mental illness" isn't some debuff you get in real life that makes you a school shooting candidate

"mental illness" isn't some debuff you get in real life that makes you a school shooting candidate

No stuff.

Honestly if this was the case, don't you think we could have solved this problem way earlier? It's a problem with how we address mental health, not how it develops. That hypothetical kid, who has no doubt developed an unhealthy world view and has no tools or preparation on dealing with his or her environment has to go to school every day where they can be potentially be socially isolated and mocked for their behavior and appearance. Can't do good things to the psyche.