Author Topic: Jury duty today  (Read 2414 times)

Okay so jury duty in itself isn't a big deal like every citizen does it but today is my first time. Currently there two huge cases coming up in Arizona, one of them dealing with a terrorist bomber and another with the I-10 shooter. I would be absolutely ecstatic if I got called into one of these cases :D

Arizona has such a nice superior court house 

I'm not sure how jury duty works but I kinda doubt you'd be told to participate in cases that involve murder

Excited about bombs and shootings

I'm not sure how jury duty works but I kinda doubt you'd be told to participate in cases that involve murder
who said murder?
No one died in the I-10 shootings or the bombing

Plus what do you mean by you doubt murder trials have a jury? They totally can

Excited about bombs and shootings
Well it's better then getting called into something pointless like possession charges  :cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:48:15 AM by Nickpb 3.0 »

who said murder?
No one died in the I-10 shootings or the bombing

Plus what do you mean by you doubt murder trials have a jury? They totally can

I assumed they had murder, my b

And I'm not saying murder trials don't have jury, I'm saying I don't think a volunteer can be a part of jury during a murder trial, again, I don't know how jury duty works

I assumed they had murder, my b

And I'm not saying murder trials don't have jury, I'm saying I don't think a volunteer can be a part of jury during a murder trial, again, I don't know how jury duty works
Ahh I got you. I was summoned for this, I wouldn't volunteer for jury duty.
I think you are correct tho like only people summoned would be called in for murder case

Basically any citizen 18+ can be called in for jury duty. Jurors are exclusively normally citizens that get called into be one or any citizen can call the court and volunteer to be a juror once a year.

And ya fox I would do my best to stall the trail and get the shooter free
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:51:57 AM by Nickpb 3.0 »

disagree with the majority always

one of them dealing with a terrorist bomber and another with the I-10 shooter. I would be absolutely ecstatic if I got called into one of these cases :D
that would not be good
first of all, you definitely already know what verdict you'd go for in those cases, regardless of what the defense said. so you'd be a terrible juror
and secondly, I think you're underestimating the amount of work and time that jurors have to put into complex cases
what
why wouldn't you? there are still juries in those cases
it's not volunteering, it's required. maybe you can volunteer but I doubt it
there's not like, a special pool of people, reserved to be jurors for cases about serious crimes

Ya you totally can volunteer I just asked the criminalblack person behind the info desk

Ya you totally can volunteer I just asked the criminalblack person behind the info desk
oml
what
why wouldn't you? there are still juries in those casesit's not volunteering, it's required. maybe you can volunteer but I doubt it
there's not like, a special pool of people, reserved to be jurors for cases about serious crimes
ok thanjs

Yeahhhhh, sounds like you might be not be a juror after the lawyers speak with you.

Yeahhhhh, sounds like you might be not be a juror after the lawyers speak with you.
lmao

so supposedly I can be here from 6-8 like I got here 2 hours ago could be here for 9 more

Man, that sounds excruciatingly boring. I hope you can pass time.
I don't think I'd be able to serve a jury (unless I had accommodation) due to my back. I have to lay down a lot to relieve pressure, when I sit the seat has to be padded or it causes a lot of pain.

Man, that sounds excruciatingly boring. I hope you can pass time.
I don't think I'd be able to serve a jury (unless I had accommodation) due to my back. I have to lay down a lot to relieve pressure, when I sit the seat has to be padded or it causes a lot of pain.
Don't mean to derail the thread but dude wtf is wrong with your back