Author Topic: a bunch of standalone weapons  (Read 4679 times)

here are a bunch of ideas for weapons spawned from being too much of a regular on randomizer servers for too long

they're all standalone so i figure they should work without any 'pack' in particular, so ideally you'd release them all as such (or at least as standalones + a dependancy add-on, for sound effects or particles or whatever

Spike Cannon

a 'reverse airshot' rifle. essentially a normal semi-automatic rifle that deals 35 damage per shot but has impulse that knocks the target downward. the impulse is such that if you get 'spiked' from rocket jump height gravity will speed you up to the point that you'll probably die of fall damage

the 'spikes' themselves are probably like literally metal spikes (ie: nails) but they could just as well be some sort of shard of metal or something

Gravity Wave
the aoe variant of the spiker rifle. fires a projectile that produces a wave of explosions behind it. the projectile phases through enemies and deals damage (50~ish?) on direct hits but the gravity wave has a longer reload time (comparable to the quake-type sniper rifle's), but more importantly the wave of explosions all force any players (except for the player who fired it) downward, like the spike cannon. players who have been hit by the gravity wave cannot be hit again by the gravity wave for 100 ms (to make sure they don't get spiked by repeated spike hits at once)

Bloodsucker

an assault rifle (and really -just- an assault rifle) that heals the player when it lands hits. the damage done is almost totally negligible (like, ~5 damage a shot) but the health turnaround is like 10 health healed a hit, making fighting bloodsuckers a matter of dealing lump damage like a close-range shotgun blast or a direct missile hit

Marking Missiles

a 'missile launcher' that fires with a set pattern; first is the raycast 'painting' mode that activates when the trigger is first held which fires an automatic laser-pointer like invisible beam that marks players it hits. when the trigger is released the marking missiles fires exactly one missile per 'mark' every .5 seconds until it's all out of targets. you can mark the same player multiple times, with a .4 second cooldown. marking missiles home in on enemies, deal low damage (for a missile) (like, something like 40 direct + 20 splash) and are initially fired with some noticeable spread before their homing code activates and they fly toward their target. up to 12 marks (plus their missiles) can be queued in one go

if a marking missile's target is killed then the missile just keeps homing in on the last place they were (even if that causes them to loop around a point in the air) (not for any particular mechanical reason as much as it is because that's super goofy and ridiculous)

basically it's a reasonable version of the Circus Missiles from the battlemix server

Lucky Break
essentially a variant of one of my shields (also from the quake pack). when a player with a Lucky Break takes damage, no matter how much damage they took, they become totally invincible for the next solid second and after that second a sound effect plays. (i will provide the sound effect.) (but later, because i'm not at my computer right now.) (it's the paper mario do-doo-do-DOOT-doo sound that makes when an enemy completely whiffs an attack). after you get a Lucky Break, you can't get another Lucky Break for 30 seconds.

Protector
a shield. activating the protector causes you to take one-eighth damage for about a fifth of a second, along with one-third knockback. you can use the protector up to 3 times back to back but each use uses up a 'charge', which automatically regenerates every 1 second (even while the protector is not out). if you're out of charges, the protector will fail to work, which means you'll probably take a hit and look like a big idiot

Charge Cannon
a machine gun that works on the aforementioned charge system. it fires relatively powerful shots (like, 30 damage a pop) (that sounds absurd because it totally is) but has a 40 round magazine and goes through those 40 rounds with pretty much no problem. it also has high recoil, causing you to be able to fly around the map as long as your charge holds out. which it won't.

the charge cannon regenerates charge at a rate of 1c/0.5 seconds

Gravity Grenade
the opposite of the rotary grenade. fires a grenade that explodes a certain distance out infront of you that pulls things -inward- but doesn't deal noticeable damage. the actual point is that the gravity grenade also redirects projectiles toward the inside of the grenade (and resets their ownership to the person who launched the grenade), causing anyone unfortunate enough to actually get hit by the grenade to get hit by every bullet nearby

Airburst Grenade
a grenade launcher that fires a grenade that explodes when the trigger is released, or the grenade launcher is put away. the grenade does poor 'bink' (as in, direct hit) damage but bink damage has a special damage type that actually says 'bink'

Charge Grenade
a grenade launcher that launches a grenade with larger scale but less lifetime as you charge it up. initially it fires grenades that deal like 20 direct + 40 splash damage but travel extremely far but it charges to deal 4 times that damage at 4 times the radius, but it would explode literally the instant it gets out of the barrel. to not cause yourself to explode like an idiot, you can either cancel the launch (by putting the launcher away and taking it back out again) or just launching early, to drop consistent (if short ranged) grenades

the ramp-up system is not exactly linear. when you charge a grenade it takes about a half second to reach 2x scale but it takes another 3 seconds to reach 4x scale. every time the grenade's scale reaches a new exact number, it makes a different noise, and at 3x scale it begins to emit smoke, but charging is not limited to round numbers.

ParallYYYYYZZERRR
it's a raycast sniper rifle that completely removes all motion on a target (like the 360 noscope would when you take it out) for a brief period of time. i will explain this once it is made, but the basic idea is that two guys are fighting in one corner and then you hear from very far away "paraLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYZER" and one of them just freezes in the air for a second and they get shot to stuff

ideally the 'paralLLLLLLLLLYZER' sound does not play if a target is not actually hit. in fact, you might just hear 'para-'. i will handle this part.

Gunslinger
it's a pair of revolvers. taking out causes it to spin in your hand. holding it causes it to spin in your hand. it is always spinning in your hand. when you use it, it slips out of your hand, turning into an arcing projectile that deals 15 damage. but, when the gunslinger hits the ground, it misfires, causing a bullet to shoot out at the nearest player (potentially you, if you're stupid), that deals another 15 damage

'maintaining' gunslinger fire on a target causes them to basically be under fire from two places at once; from the player (who is actually throwing things at them) and from wherever the gunslinger is landing. the gunslinger's bullets travel at the same speed that the gunslinger itself travels (not very quickly, like 65 muzzlevelocity?) and the gunslinger will not fire on an enemy that you actually peg with the gunslinger itself (if anything, it'll fire on the NEXT nearest player) (probably you)

Decoy
it looks like you, but it's actually just a bot that looks like you. it is holding a random weapon from a pool of generic weapons (sniper rifle, shotgun, rocket l) (i guess any default weapon) and fires projectiles that are actually dangerous but are unlikely to actually hit anyone (due to any combination of poor aim, slow cycle time and the decoy's tendency to stare at a target for like 5 seconds before actually deciding to fire)

when the decoy fires, it plays a sound clip exactly 3 seconds later that it's target is guaranteed to hear. it is a muffled, staticy rendition of "kept you waiting, huh"

the decoy is deployed essentially like a metal gear decoy and automatically explodes (dealing damage!) after exactly 30 seconds of out time, or if another decoy is placed. you can deploy a new decoy every 15 seconds. the decoy has about 400 health and will not automatically target people who are shooting at it (and will in fact target any random player who isn't the person who spawned it)

Sidewinder
a very heavy autocannon that is held in two hands. the model is turned 90 degrees to the left, so firing it is awkward but doable if you're strong and tough or something

the gun itself fires very fast projectiles that cause radius explosions on impact and deal very good damage with very low spread. unfortunately, it is firing to the left, so it's very hard to aim without going into third person and freelooking, and the damage of the projectiles falls off after about 64 studs to half damage and no explosion

Target Shotgun
this is a long ranged raycast shotgun that fires a relatively tight spread. like the team fortress 2 shotgun.

actually it's pretty much the team fortress 2 shotgun in all accounts. it fires 9 raycasts that dwindle to deal about half damage in a perfect square

o o o
o o o
o o o

like-a so

it can deal up to 50 damage a shot at close range (<32 studs) and deals up to 30 a shot at long range (>64), which is extremely good damage considering most things can't even hit at that range

Cloud 9
a semi automatic rifle that fires lil' cloudy poofs.

when one of these cloudy poofs hits a target, they are surrounded by a cloud and they take damage and knockback. while clouded they fall slower, are knocked back further (by everything!) and are generally in a bad spot until 15 seconds later, when it wears off

Curse Gun
a variant of the basic quake-type machine gun. deals damage and adds to the Curse Counter with every hit. when the Curse Counter hits 5, the enemy is forced to use a Curse Gun (but their other guns remain in their inventory until the status ailment wears off). the curse wears off after 15 seconds, and the curse counter depletes by 1 every 2 seconds

while cursed, a different colored cloud wafts off of you. it can be mistaken for farts.

High Noon
like the curse gun, but a revolver. facilitates spaghetti western high noon duels (except not, because the other guy's already gotten a free hit in) (that chuckleforget)

Command: Gun
another variant on the basic machine gun. when this weapon is used, you 'drop' the machine gun and it floats in space, firing in whatever direction you were looking in last. the machine gun has no hitbox and will never stop forgetin firing, but if you use the rifle again it will move to where you were last. you can only have one command gun out at once and if you die, it explodes (obviously)

Dynamite Kick
not the human rocket, but still basically a body projectile

when you use it you shoot directly forward with no additional control whatsoever of your player and if you hit a target they die (and also you hear the phrase 'dynamiTE KIIIIIIIIIICK') (hopefully muffled, and in the background).

dynamite kick cannot travel upward (as it is essentially a divekick, really) and when you use it you only have a normal amount of player air control, and only engages after a certain distance. in addition, if you dynamite kick but don't hit a target, you are still vulnerable to fall damage

also while you are dynamite kicking you leave a trail of explosions, to indicate the dynamite nature of your kick. you are invincible to these, so don't worry

Substitute
when used for the first time, your current location is marked and you drop a little shiny thing (like an RPG item, or an undertale save point) at it's location. when used again, you teleport instantly to that location in a cloud of smoke. also, you leave a substitute doll behind, which falls immediately on the floor

after teleporting you are placed in a third person camera for a moment to help get your bearings (and make you a big easy target in case somebody noticed you poof back into space)

substitute can only be used every 30 seconds

Smart Gun
an assault rifle. automatically fires at a target and takes care to make adjustments based on the target's speed of movement and direction. doesn't deal enormous damage but allows the player using it to focus on matching the enemy's movement to help the smart gun's targeting

obviously loses some effectiveness at range, because the bullets themselves are not smart. just the gun

Garbage Gun
getting hit by this gun causes your inventory to fill with garbage, which are basically healing items (like the pill) except when you eat them they hurt you, and will eventually cause death by garbage. items in your inventory can be replaced by garbage but if they are, throwing away the garbage will re-add the original item to your inventory (essentially re-revealing them) (as if they were buried. by the garbage)

(DEATH BY GARBAGE) Some Goober

obviously you don't want to eat the garbage, so you must throw it out. ideally this would be no problem but there's some jackass over there shooting you with the forgetin garbage gun every so often and now you can't even pick up a new gun to shoot him with because there's so much garbage in your inventory and you have to throw it out and you accidentally threw away your shotgun after you used your garbage

eating garbage that was previously a gun causes you to be 'hit' by the gun's projectile (which spawns directly in front of your face, and then flies into your face) for half damage.

this is primarily a gun for japes. you can tell, because it does next to no damage

(actually getting killed by the gun's poor direct damage gets a different kill message:
Another Goober (TOOK OUT THE TRASH) Some Goober)

Clover Missiles
a missile launcher that fires 4 missiles in a spread (not unlike the drunken rockets). unlike the drunken rockets, these rockets always fire at very specific angles; one 25 degrees upward, one 25 degrees to the side, one 25 down and one 25 to the other side

this very specific pattern of missiles makes it hard to aim traditionally but with practice you can hit multiple targets at different angles

in case anyone decides to get involved i can throw some sound effects and particle effects but maybe not modeling. i have other things to do, you see

otherwise i would have made that forgetin garbage gun myself
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 05:04:03 AM by Bushido »

Wow. That's... a lot.

the standalone weapon pack

the oxymoron weapon pack

you always seem to have lots of neato ideas, these are pretty cool!

the garbage gun is the best idea

One Random Weapon Pack?

OT: This looks kinda interesting. I might consider this as a future project

i really like the idea of the gunslinger and garbage gun

the command: gun could be expanded to like a command: series gunline, with a shotgun or "sport-rifle" variant. its practically designed for shutting down close quarters areas anyways.

actually the point of the command gun is less to be an actually dangerous weapon and more to be a misdirection tool: it exists to convince targets that they're being fired upon so you can go around and hit them while they're distracted

i thought of a neat visual concept regarding the garbage gun

heres what the animation looks like
im assuming the garbage gun isn't a rapid fire sort of deal so i made the reload fairly long

basically, the garbage can fires, then turns around to reload (see how the back has the garbage can lid where you would insert trash)

also the trash in the other hand is just there for show lol

IT'S A GARBAGE CANNON

love that reload animation

that animation is god-tier
danny devito would love it

ok garbage gun needs to be a thing now

bushi if you wont code it i will attempt to

that animation is god-tier
danny devito would love it
yeah too bad i have to redo it since new blender doesnt export them properly l m a o

like i said id like to have as little actual hand in making these weapons as possible (especially coding them, because i never did that in the first place)

my initial idea for the garbage gun was that it was an assault rifle type weapon but we could just as easily make it a splash damage launcher thing, and have it so that being closer to ground zero of it's splash causes more garbage to appear in your inventory

im just posting here so i remember to check this thread every once in a while
disregard me