10 (3%)
RPG Bot Tweaks
22 (6.5%)
Simplex Gen: 3D
3 (0.9%)
Day / Night Cycle Events
20 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: GSF Mods Metatopic  (Read 25805 times)

never forget GSF paradise

The bot tweaks look very nice, could you possibly look into making fixed day/night cycle events, as i saw that you put in d/n cycle spawning.

The bot tweaks look very nice, could you possibly look into making fixed day/night cycle events, as i saw that you put in d/n cycle spawning.
Sure, I'll include both input and conditional events for when the day cycle enters Dawn, Mid-Day, Dusk or Mid-Night.

There's a bug with your "Brick Plant Cost", you should use fxDtsBrick::onPlant(%brick), parent it, then schedule delete with 0ms if it's not what you want. People load a save and realize that it doesn't work because of brick cost. Also check if the client exists too before you do anything. onPlant doesn't get called when loading bricks (instead onLoadPlant is called)

fxDtsBrick::plant is always called.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 06:25:51 PM by Kyuande »

There's a bug with your "Brick Plant Cost", you should use fxDtsBrick::onPlant(%brick), parent it, then schedule delete with 0ms if it's not what you want. People load a save and realize that it doesn't work because of brick cost. Also check if the client exists too before you do anything. onPlant doesn't get called when loading bricks (instead onLoadPlant is called)

fxDtsBrick::plant is always called.
Okay, I'll work on updating both Brick Plant cost and ModTer Restriction (just to be safe since it uses a similar script).  Using  fxDtsBrick::onPlant  can cause issues as well though, so I may stick with using  fxDtsBrick::Plant  (and just return the overlap error, which fixes it)  or use  SERVERCMDPlantBrick instead; I'll look into all 3 options to see which works best. Also, disabling the brick plant cost option should allow bricks to be loaded.

What's wrong with using onPlant?

What's wrong with using onPlant?
Using onPlant will still work, but I'd rather prevent a brick from being planted at all, rather than planting and then quickly removing it - especially using a schedule. I also wanted to use the Plant method for bricks because requiring players to purchase duplicated or loaded bricks would be an interesting concept.

Using SERVERCMDPlantBrick seems like the best options though; so far it works great, doesn't break the ModTer restriction script and doesn't interfere with the new duplicator nor with loaded bricks.

BTW, I'll be releasing updates for Brick Plant Cost and ModTer Interior Build Restriction later today! I'm also hoping to release RPG Bot Tweaks by tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Does anyone know how to send a specific plant error message to a particular client? I'm changing the packaged function for ModTer Restriction, and wanted to send players the "Buried" message when attempting to build within ModTer while the option is disabled.

Using onPlant will still work, but I'd rather prevent a brick from being planted at all, rather than planting and then quickly removing it - especially using a schedule. I also wanted to use the Plant method for bricks because requiring players to purchase duplicated or loaded bricks would be an interesting concept.

Using SERVERCMDPlantBrick seems like the best options though; so far it works great, doesn't break the ModTer restriction script and doesn't interfere with the new duplicator nor with loaded bricks.

BTW, I'll be releasing updates for Brick Plant Cost and ModTer Interior Build Restriction later today! I'm also hoping to release RPG Bot Tweaks by tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Does anyone know how to send a specific plant error message to a particular client? I'm changing the packaged function for ModTer Restriction, and wanted to send players the "Buried" message when attempting to build within ModTer while the option is disabled.
::onTrustCheckFinished seems better than ::onPlant, but if you're going to just check the volume on the temp brick when they plant, then I'd just use serverCmdPlantBrick which is what I agree on with you. I've seen add-ons use %brick = %group.getObject(0); (I think it was baseplate rules?) and it's a terrible idea, please don't use it if you're thinking about it, lol.

What you could do with the new duplicator is package the force plant function because the temp brick does not exist (and people could bypass it with the duplicator), which is function NDM_PlantCopy::conditionalPlant(%this, %client, %force), I'd recommend returning the parent when it's successful, otherwise just put a return. The selection is also %selection = %client.ndSelection; if you need their ghost selection.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 04:20:06 PM by Kyuande »

still waiting for my brick version of paradise >:O

I've seen add-ons use %brick = %group.getObject(0); (I think it was baseplate rules?) and it's a terrible idea, please don't use it if you're thinking about it, lol.

What you could do with the new duplicator is package the force plant function because the temp brick does not exist (and people could bypass it with the duplicator), which is function NDM_PlantCopy::conditionalPlant(%this, %client, %force)
I would never do that lol. Also, I decided not to add support for the duplicator because it overwrites both the center and bottom print messages for Brick plant Cost, which can lead to some confusion about a restricted or successful brick purchase. I can still add support back in in a future update though - if so I'll definitely look into that.

still waiting for my brick version of paradise >:O
=/ I still need to get around to that lol.

I was working on a remake of the Mike's House map in the Unity Engine at one time. It was for a game idea I had, although the lighting system in Unity is slightly different.

Oh maps, how I've missed ye.

I'll be testing updates to ModTer Interior Build Restriction and Brick Plant Cost on my server, as well as RPG Bot Tweaks, just encase anyone wants to try them out.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:35:01 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Updates to both ModTer Interior Build Restriction and Brick Plant Cost have been released! The updates include fixes, mainly related to issues with loading bricks. The auto-updater requirement has also been removed from ModTer Restriction.

I wasn't able to host a public test after all - due to internet issues. However, I did some testing on my own just to make sure everything was working correctly.

You could make a modter version of mike's house.

You saw my toystore in game, right? I added a street that is kind of similar to how you set it up for Mike's house.

You could make a modter version of mike's house.

You saw my toystore in game, right? I added a street that is kind of similar to how you set it up for Mike's house.
I didn't get to see it in-game, but I did see the topic and liked how it turned out. ModTer maps are great for small buildings or rooms, but recreating Mike's House out of ModTer would definitely be challenging lol, plus the brickcount would be an issue. If there was a way to handle complex collision meshes for large bricks, that would be an viable option though - textures could possibly be handled as a large, print-based texturemap.

RPG Bot Tweaks & Events has been released! The mirror download links for ModTer Restriction and Brick Plant Cost have also been updated to include the recent updates.

RPG Bot Tweaks includes various server scripts that apply small changes to bots, such as when they spawn / despawn - based on the time of day, and random items they can spawn with or drop on death. The add-on also includes input and a conditional output event; some of the input events are called based on the time of day, and input event handling is designed to be as efficient as possible (only searching through bricks with the add-on's events, rather than through all bricks on the server).

See the O.P. for more information about the add-on and how to use it.

aw yeah
I don't have time to try it out now but how do you make the blacklist for the items? like in the cs file or what?