10 (3%)
RPG Bot Tweaks
22 (6.5%)
Simplex Gen: 3D
3 (0.9%)
Day / Night Cycle Events
20 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: GSF Mods Metatopic  (Read 25813 times)

aw yeah
I don't have time to try it out now but how do you make the blacklist for the items? like in the cs file or what?
Well there's a whitelist you can set up in "config/Server/RPGBotTweaks/RandItems_hName.txt", which allows you to assign only certain items bots can spawn with, based on the item's UI name. You can also use Any instead of an item's UI name, which will give that bot any existing item if selected.

It does include a blacklist, but that's only used when the Any condition is selected; there's more information on how to set up the blacklist in the ReadMe.txt file (a default blacklist is automatically set up for you as well so you can see how it works).

wait what do to acsess the menu fro Simplex Gen: 2D blockland???  :panda: :iceCream:

wait what do to acsess the menu fro Simplex Gen: 2D blockland???  :panda: :iceCream:
All you have to do is set up a keybind in your Options menu, and then you can use the keybind to open the Simplex Gen GUI. =)

How do I set specified drops for bots on death? Instead of wanting a bot to drop random items, I want to drop only a few that I wanted it to.

How do I set specified drops for bots on death? Instead of wanting a bot to drop random items, I want to drop only a few that I wanted it to.
There's an option included that will cause bots to only drop items that you set up for them to spawn with. Like if a bot can only spawn with a bow, spear, sword, etc., that would be the only items they would drop. To enable it, you can select the Specified Random Bot Drops option in the RTB / Blockland Glass menu, or set $Pref::Server::RPGBotTwks::SpecRandBotDrops = true; in the console.

To set up specific item drops for bots, I can add that in the next update if needed.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 12:44:49 AM by [GSF]Ghost »

I have this droppable currency mod so it works great with bots that have gold.

I thought there was an event for this

To set up specific item drops for bots, I can add that in the next update if needed.

Yes, a player can make a text document and list item names in it, and rarity would work like how Swollow's scavenge mod works.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 12:01:47 PM by Spartan224 »

Yes, a player can make a text document and list item names in it, and rarity would work like how Swollow's scavenge mod works.

Sure, I'll add that in v1.1. I'm not too familiar with the Scavenge mod though; I was thinking of handling bot drops similar to the text document used for setting up random items for bots when spawned. Except, bots will drop all the items you list for that bot, and using the Any condition instead of and item's UI name will drop a random item instead for that item. I'm not sure if that would work?

Also, making progress with the 3D noise generator! 3D noise is quite different than the traditional 2-dimensional noise used to generate terrain; it can be used to create large meshes, which can be used for things like grapple knife games, platformers, obstacles for sea or air combat, and other gamemodes. And of course, you can use it to create a unique style of caves as well. This is still very early in development, but here is the progress so far:

The generated meshes will be completely hollow, yet still appear filled-in - which will help reduce the brickcount. I made also add options to completely enclose the generated area to create a boundary, and perhaps even an option to overlay terrain. And just like with the 2D Simplex Generator, you'll be able to customize the size, brick type, etc.

i don't know if i'm using the events right or not, but the day/night events seem to not work at all, no matter what i try.

The add-on also includes input and a conditional output event; some of the input events are called based on the time of day, and input event handling is designed to be as efficient as possible (only searching through bricks with the add-on's events, rather than through all bricks on the server).
If I'm reading this right, your day/night cycle events actually work.  Would you be able to make this into a separate event addon?  Lugnut made one awhile back but it was rather broken.

i don't know if i'm using the events right or not, but the day/night events seem to not work at all, no matter what i try.
I made sure to test the events prior to release, so they should be working. Make sure to use the /ToggleRPGbtr chat command, which will start the routine that checks the time of day and calls the input day / night cycle events. The input events also need to be resubmitted on duplicated bricks or on bricks loaded from PTG chunk saves, so that the add-on will know to call them. Let me know if that helps, otherwise I'll look into it.

If I'm reading this right, your day/night cycle events actually work.  Would you be able to make this into a separate event addon?  Lugnut made one awhile back but it was rather broken.
Sure, I'll release a separate add-on with the events. I can also alter the standalone add-on to begin checking the time of day automatically, rather that using the chat command to start it.

When Item storage V5 comes out, will we be able to add our own item crafting recipes?

When Item storage V5 comes out, will we be able to add our own item crafting recipes?
Yes, you'll be able to add custom recipes via a .txt file, or possibly even in-game using the drafting table brick (still need to figure out how that will work). I might also adding recipe books, which will allow players to see all available default and custom recipes they can use.

for the brick cost mod, would it be possible to make it affect bricks planted by the duplicator? also a pref that gives you points for destroying bricks would be nice, though im sure there's a mod that does that out there somewhere already