Poll

Continue on with original plan to do Quest to Save Kompressor Redux? School is starting again soon and I fear that history will repeat itself. QSKR died in the first place because of the school year starting.

Yes (This will lead to an planning for how the thread should go)
7 (77.8%)
No (This will either trigger a re-vote on what to do next, or I'll just pick something else)
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: MindHive [Thread finished, now planning for Quest to Save Kompressor Redux]  (Read 86068 times)

We won't forget you, Joshua. Youve already made your mark on hist-
stuff wait it's still going?
W h y
We've tortured this poor man enough.
Joshua. Just head home and get some rest, deactivation might take some time.

Joshua, you are still hearing things.
Don't bother listening to what the other voices are still trying to tell you. You can make your own decisions now.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 09:25:57 AM by Mr Queeba »

Don't bother listening to what the other voices are still trying to tell you. You can make your own decisions now.
ignore queeba and jack off

plan an attack on augmented horizons

Much to his horror, Joshua hears a voice telling him to attack Augmented Horizons. MindHive was deactivated and the chip removed! How could this be? Why can't Joshua ever catch a break for once? And Joshua already attacked Augmented Horizons, so why do it again? Joshua resists.

put a nintendo wii u on your wishlist

A Wii U? Joshua's always wanted that. He mentally adds that to his wishlist.

We won't forget you, Joshua. Youve already made your mark on hist-
stuff wait it's still going?
W h y
We've tortured this poor man enough.
Joshua. Just head home and get some rest, deactivation might take some time.

Joshua heads home to his house, which is now repaired and clean of corpses. Joshua's entire family is still dead, and he's still the sole survivor.

weep profusely

Joshua collapses into the snow and weeps once more.

As much as Joshua would love to make his own decisions, he can't. Even without MindHive, he can still feel a strong urge to do what the voices in his head are telling him to.

ignore queeba and jack off
But do it in your home though

Joshua masterubates in the privacy of his own house, cheering himself up a little.

donate your sperm from jacking off for cash
jack off and leave

Joshua literally jacks off and leaves by donating his sperm to a sperm bank.

End game
That's it, we've had our fun

Startacker's voice cuts in, reminding the others that "We've had our fun"....

.....Nothing else seems to happen.

A car pulls up to Joshua, and some of the other(now former) MindHive subjects exit the car.

Solange Freyde: Oh. Hey there. It's you again.
Grete Lucija: Surprise to see you, honestly! We were all just about to head to the doctor too! Have you been hearing voices even after being released from MindHive?
Joshua: Yeah. Why?
Grete Lucija: See, Aviram? We're not crazy! That guy's having the thoughts too.
Aviram Vivian: Hey, you wanna come with us? We can all have the doctor figure out why we're still hearing voices.
Joshua: Okay.

Joshua and the other MindHive Subjects get diagnosed for their problems.

Doc: Hm..... This is very, very strange indeed. Over the past few days, I've had a bunch of former MindHive subjects like you all coming in with the exact same symptoms. I can now safely confirm that I've discovered something new, however.
Joshua: What is it?
Doc: Protagonist Syndrome. Virtually all of the former MindHive Subjects have this condition where they hear voices in their heads, even way after being removed from the MindHive Project and having the microchip removed. Not everyone has to be a MindHive Subject to suffer from Protagonist Syndrome, however. I've had a few patients here last week that weren't part of MindHive, and yet they still heard voices that were controlling them. One of them was even forced into assassinating and robbing several people by those very same voices.
Berhtoald Colobert: So.... Are we stuck with this for the rest of our lives?
Doc: Unfortunately, it seems like it so far. Coming in here every week for some therapy by the other staff members should help, however. Come back tomorrow?
Solange Freyde: See you all later. Let's go.

The other Mindhive Subjects leave the room, leaving Joshua and the Doc. Two other doctors enter the room and converse with each other while they wait for the first doctor. The first doctor merely stares at Joshua and flashes a smile.

Joshua: What are you smiling at me like that for?
The Stranger: Nothing, really. You would probably never understand.
Cowboy Hat Doctor: Hey! Are we done yet? We've finally placed our bets on who's going to win that massive Skeleton battle in the Apocalypse Dimension!
Bald Doctor: Please don't Reality Warp the crap out of everything and make that guy win the bet again. It's not fair, man! Your cat doesn't even like it, either!
The Stranger: I've got some business to attend to. Maybe one day you too will have the freedom to pursue your own adventures without anyone else controlling you. Maybe one day nobody will decide your fate, and maybe one day you will be able to become the almighty writer of your own personal story. Maybe one day you'll earn that ultimate freedom... But that's just maybe. Goodbye for now, Joshua.

One Reality Warp later, and The Stranger disappears in a flash of light along with his friends. Joshua is alone, and he thinks he can understand what The Stranger meant. Probably.

Joshua wanders outside the hospital to find the other MindHive Subjects pulling up outside again.

Berhtoald Colobert: ....I'm sure my wallet's in there! Just let me go check!
Grete Lucija: Hurry it up.
Solange Freyde: Hey you.... Wanna ride with us? We could form some kind of support group and look out for each other, I guess. We're all finally free to some extent. Maybe be friends?
Joshua: Sure.

Joshua gets in the car and rides off with the other MindHive Subjects. Joshua will be having those voices in his head for the rest of his life probably, but he and the other MindHive Subjects will be able to pull through this together.

A few weeks later, The Stranger shows up again after a therapy session ends and shows Joshua a strange device.
The Stranger: Take this device and push the button if you wish to undo all of this. You'll only get one chance to do this correctly.

It appears to be a Time Machine with a date and time display. Could Joshua really do this? He could go back to the exact day before signing up for MindHive, but the voices in his head would probably tell him to tell his past self to sign up for MindHive, or even shoot the part of his brain connecting him to the other voices. Or jack off then leave. They would pretty much sabotage everything.

Joshua then remembers the deaths of his entire family and everything that's happened so far. It's worth a try to undo all of this bullstuff. Here it goes....

Joshua disappears in a flash of light as he pushes the button to travel back in time.

THE END

Ending the thread here because updates are starting to get slower and slower, this has gone on for long enough, school's starting again, I kinda started losing interest in the thread(and you guys all probably did too), and there's honestly not much left to do.

Epilogue: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

Still hasn't returned from the past. Nobody knows what happened to him yet, but everybody's keeping their ears open. It's hard to say if he ever succeeded in telling his past self to not sign up for MindHive.

VendOS and EnforceOS's remains were generously donated to some random guy who wanted them for some reason. Rumor has it that the guy who bought VendOS and EnforceOS will eventually rebuild them.

The burnt, crisp remains of the SWAT Zombies were donated to a science lab for studying on how to bring someone back from the dead.

Frank Ruby awoke from his coma to discover that his best friend from childhood, Nameless McRedshirt, was horribly murdered by Joshua a while back. Despairing over the loss of Nameless McRedshirt, Frank Ruby tragically shot himself in front of his wife and kids.

Cardboard Donald Annoying Orange's burnt ashes still rest at the nearby landfill today. If you listen closely enough at night, you can still hear him screaming.

Donald Annoying Orange's Clone had his presidency cut short when he was tragically assassinated by the Liberal Crime Squad, turning him into a martyr.

The Clerk eventually quit his job. He went on to write an award-winning book about Joshua's exploits and his involvement with MindHive.

Subject 6024? Seriously, who the forget is Subject 6024? I don't know what you're talking about. Did he even exist in the first place? He's not even relevant.

Five months after Joshua's story ended, the Ice Cream Man was discovered smuggling several kilograms of cocaine and heroin in his truck. The Ice Cream Man subsequently died after a police chase lasting several hours when he crashed into a gas station and exploded.

The Gunstore Owner was eventually kidnapped by a bunch of Russians and held hostage in his own store. Upon being rescued by an associate, he promptly hauled ass out of dodge and ran off to Oregon, where he joined the Militia and waged a war against the U.S Government.

Casual Guy made a full recovery and resumed his habit of standing around casually in random places, which was a bad idea. While standing around in a bank casually, several heavily armed robbers broke into the bank and used him as a human shield. He died instantly when a police sniper accidentally shot him in the head while trying to shoot the robbers taking him hostage.

The Customer was found brutally murdered in his home. Police concluded that the Venturon City Slasher must have been at it again.

The Blazers went on to stage the deadliest school shooting(and also the deadliest mass shooting) in history, killing 572 people at Garry Grove High School before they themselves were killed by security guards, police, and one heroic student that finally had enough of them.

The MindHive Lead Researcher managed to bribe the prison guards into letting him escape. He fled for the Canadian border and became a college professor with a fake name, managing to last an impressive 60 years before being recaptured and sent back to prison.

Ivan Adventurer later met up with some guy named Yashka Sheriff and set off on an adventure-filled life of banditry, but Yashka Sheriff was tragically killed during one of their raids.

Berhtoald Colobert, still hearing voices in his head, later went on to join the armed forces.

Maia Abby went on to become a director of batstuff insane and incomprehensible movies that were hailed as art masterpieces. When asked how she did it, she only said something cryptic about the voices in her head.

Grete Lucija accidentally summoned a Lovecraftian horror in her own backyard one day when she was hanging around with the other MindHive Subjects. Luckily for humanity, she applied her knowledge from reading about the tale of Old Man Henderson and shotgunned the damn abomination in the loving face until it loving died.

Solange Freyde died of radiation poisoning when the voices in her head began to force her to frolick around in a nuclear power plant before violently sabotaging it.

Aviram Vivian was forced to go on a genocide crusade by the voices in his head. Three billion people out of seven died because of his actions, and Aviram was sentenced to death for his crimes against humanity.

The Trio of Badasses still wander around to this day, heavily armed and going about their lives. A great misfortune has always befallen anyone dumb enough to mess with them.

The Detective later ran afoul of the Bartoloni Crime Family when he got into a violent argument at the bar, resulting in the Don's son along with several dozen mobsters being massacred. A bomb was later planted and triggered in his apartment.

The Priest still continues his good work today, and is always available when you need someone to purge some Comunist Ghosts from your house.

The Cardboard Cops continue to live underground to this day, patiently waiting for the Apocalypse to wipe out all of humanity so that they can rise again.

The Two Living Dumpsters still manage to be useful to this very day, as they can't object to those damned humans throwing all of their trash into them if they're dead.

The Cardboard Clone of Cardboard Donald Annoying Orange That VendOS Created a While Back made his way to the Underground, where he found the Cardboard Cops. Convincing the Cardboard Cops that the Apocalypse would never come, he amassed a massive army full of his Cardboard brethren and waged an entire war against humanity itself, killing off a few million humans before being nuked into oblivion.

What Could Have Been
Things that didn't make the cut that I can remember off the top of my head.

(1)The original ending was supposed to involve Joshua getting arrested for his crimes and failing to defend himself in court(How the hell do you get away scott free with crashing planes into buildings, burning down the White House, and killing several dozen FBI agents, after all?) before being sentenced to death by firing squad. An interactive Epilogue would follow where Joshua discovers a portable time machine in Death Row and uses it to travel back in time in order to stop his past self from signing up for MindHive, but Joshua would discover that he's the reason why his past self signed up for MindHive, and he's already changed the past.

(2)The Christmas Dinner Massacre was supposed to happen differently, with either the Pistol Brotherhood or Patriotic Sons of Freedom massacring Joshua's family in retaliation. Joshua would then go on a rampage against MindHive as usual.... Only for it to be revealed that his entire family was actually alive albeit seriously wounded, and he was mistaken in thinking that they were dead when he didn't even check the bodies for a pulse.

(3)Another idea was that Uncle Greyson was the only family member supposed to survive the Christmas Massacre(Remember the fact that Joshua brought him body armor as a present?).

(4)Joshua's family was supposed to be fleshed out more, but things don't always go as planned and I gave up on that.

(5)Koschei the Deathless was originally supposed to kidnap Joshua and take him to some sort of "Nightmare Dimension", but the execution of the idea kinda sucked and I decided against it.

(6)VendOS was originally supposed to survive the Christmas Massacre, which would lead to Joshua and VendOS fighting each other(With the Fourmers controlling the both of them against each other) once Joshua snapped and went on a rampage against MindHive, with VendOS still being loyal to Augmented Horizons. EnforceOS, however, was always supposed to die.

Fun Facts
Things you might not have known or remembered

(1)The Stranger is strongly implied to be Sven loving Svenson from the original BLOODLUST. Notice the Reality Warping powers?

(2)Several other characters from previous Forum Games of mine either make an appearance(some of them implied, some of them explicit) or are mentioned, such as Traitor Joe, Only Sane Man, The Gunslinger, Kiss-Kiss, Maximus Gran, the Venturon City Slasher, the Blazers, the protag from BLF Plans an Assassination, Frank Ruby, Ivan Adventurer, and Nameless McRedshirt.

(3)MindHive wasn't supposed to drag on for this long, but it did in the end anyways. The thread was supposed to end somewhere in June, but things don't always go as planned.

(4)MindHive itself was the one of the longest threads I managed to finish, starting in March and ending in August(5 months). BLOODLUST took almost two months or something, and V21: Left behind comes close, taking about four months(January to April) to finish.

TL:DR Joshua travels back in time to stop his past self from signing up for MindHive but it's ambiguous if he succeeded or not, we get an Epilogue showing what happened to everyone else, I list things that didn't make the cut and weren't included, I also list fun facts
Ending the thread here because updates are starting to get slower and slower, this has gone on for long enough, school's starting again, I kinda started losing interest in the thread(and you guys all probably did too), and there's honestly not much left to do.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 03:29:41 PM by tber123 »

wow what a wild ride
less wild than bloodlust though
also SEE GUYS I TOLD YOU THAT SVEN SVENSON MIGHT HAVE BEEN INVOLVED

Sven loving svenson. Ok

fun read
too bad i didnt participate though

What are you gonna do next tber?

sven "loving" svenson go back to your world of bloodlust.

What are you gonna do next tber?

A re-do of Quest to Save Kompressor. The beginning of the thread was a disastrous train wreck, and it only got worse from there. There's a planning thread for it on Google Docs. Feel free to contribute, I guess.

Aww, I thought I was a ghost leader...

Well, I reapply myself as a ghost leader

Aww, I thought I was a ghost leader...

Well, I reapply myself as a ghost leader

I have no idea what your character looks like, though. On the old BLOODLUST thread the picture you submitted is now gone.

You guys are still free to suggest/submit factions or characters(Companions, Bosses, etc) for the thread on here. These were the previous suggestions from way back before I originally did QSKR for the first time.

Name: Moritz Stamm
Personality: Brave, but over-emotional
Short Bio: Moritz is a former spy for a now destroyed faction called the Fischers, who were crushed by the Landscapers. He is somewhat reckless and has a tendency to drink a lot, but overall has good intentions.
Other Notes: Use him in whatever role you wish.

name: Controller of the Nega Zone
Here's a character I made.  His name is Ben Blonde.

He's a special agent for the ghosts.

Then, I will apply myself as the commander of The Ghosts...

Depends on how protagonist chooses, I will be a boss or an ally.

EDIT: if this does have the same avatars from v20 left behind, then use this as my avatar:

don't forget the religion of Hulk Hogan
Don't forget about Gikon's Buddha, Death and Dual Reich!
Companion/Boss: Agent CRIT.

If in john madden cult/landscapers/landscaper oriented clan:You fillthy landscaper scum! We already have modter and bricks! That will teach you to go to a ghost elite! (Boss Battle)

In no clan or in player clan oriented to no side:You have no importance to me,you can go away.

If Ghosts and Badspot Cult or Ghost only:Hey! You look pretty strong for a ghosts operative. Im probably going to join you. (Companion)

Agent CRIT 15 HP.

Weapon:Revolver.

If still in enemy clans:*Comes back*Im here again! And this time im stronger then ever.

If still in party:*Aquires tank cannon*That is a powerful weapon,and im used to them,but i could never use them much. *Stat Upgrades*

If originally in no clan and then in a enemy one:Hey! I saw you before and now you turn bad.

If recruited then party joins enemy clan:What the heck is wrong with you! Looks like i have no other choice *Battle*

Agent CRIT *Upgraded* 80HP

1.Tank Cannon 110-160

Weapon suggestion:Tank Cannon 60-100 DMG.

These are all my suggestions and its long due to dialogue being added.

The Google Doc will always be open to look at. Ignore the "Outline" popup on the left side, it's forgeted up for some reason.

Oh stuff I forgot about that Nega blockhead