Poll

Winner

Kobewarrior
1 (100%)
_
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: [BUILD CONTEST] Zombie Map (Kobewarrior WINS!)  (Read 7423 times)

No he gives you an actual key (non-steam), you can still link it if you don't have blockland on steam, if you don't want bl he can buy you a different game
YES.
I will do this.
I must win this.
FOR DEDICATED!
*fails utterly*

EDIT: I claim this page for spain SuperFPS

EDIT EDIT: What's a Black Ops zombie map like?

EDIT EDIT EDIT: And how do I make Slayer zombies able to do melee damage?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 02:51:15 PM by SuperSuit12 »

doublepost because I added something new to my old post that's actually sorta important!
Took a screenshot of mine so far.

All roads will be surrounded by buildings, except there'll be a tunnel by one that's blocked. There's a secret under the raised fountain area (which is all I've built so far) where if you push a button in a planter, it breaks a sewer grate and you can get a flamethrower. (I might change what you get.)
There'll be a few buildings with smashed windows or unlocked doors. One by the fountain area will have roof access. (Only to "inner-circle" buildings, you can't jump out of the map since there's a road and more buildings between you and the edge of the map on the inner circle and there's no way to cross. There'll be TALLER buildings behind those with locked doors. Or possibly no doors. Dunno.)

on steam or normal
They key is a regular Blockland key. It's possible for you to register it to a Steam account if you like(you can still use it as a regular key after that too).
Do secrets get bonus points?
No. Don't really want secrets.
that a short enough list for you?
I don't care how short the list is. It could just be default bricks.
I only care about brick mods.
EDIT EDIT: What's a Black Ops zombie map like?
Around 7+ rooms or areas. You can typically circle around the map. Hallways, alleys, buildings, etc. for zombies to come out of.
YES.
EDIT EDIT EDIT: And how do I make Slayer zombies able to do melee damage?
You don't need to bother about that.
I'll be handling zombies, mystery box, perks, etc. I'm making a custom gamemode for it.

Try to make it so there's very few places with only one spot for zombies to get in by.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 04:17:13 PM by jes00 »

Okay. I've made some buildings that you can't enter but that zombies spawn on the upper floors of.
I'm making this for my own server as well as the contest so I'll just cut out the secrets from the contest version if you don't want 'em.

Sounds interesting, I'll give it a shot

end: April 14th, 2016
loving too short to make anything decent.

end: April 14th, 2016
loving too short to make anything decent.
this

Alright then. What would be a reasonable deadline?

maybe like the 25th or around then?

are there any specific details on pillars or objects in the map? i don't know if zombies would end up getting stuck in things unless they have pathing

are there any specific details on pillars or objects in the map?
No. You can do whatever you like for things like that.
i don't know if zombies would end up getting stuck in things unless they have pathing
I intend for zombies to be pretty smart in their pathing abilities.

work in progress
Try not to make the map too absurdly open.

I intend for zombies to be pretty smart in their pathing abilities.
sounds like good stuff.

well with that, i've got around two rooms done in the span of 2-3 days (trying a 1 room per day plan)
work in progress but it's going pretty well i suppose. i don't think i'm using a whole lot of brick packs for this but i can cut some out and fill them in if i need to.
jvs doors are placeholders

Ooh. Looks sweet so far.