Is there some kind of hack that allows other users to change your server name?

Author Topic: Is there some kind of hack that allows other users to change your server name?  (Read 2617 times)

Okay, so I was hosting a server for my friend and I to build on and I change the server name to "dog" as seen here.

And then 1 minute later, it changes to this

What the forget is going on?
Also there there was a phone number on Blur's server name and I honestly doubt someone would willingly put one on their servername...

the number on blur's server name was a rick roll hotline
it just plays rickroll

was anyone else admin on your server

the number on blur's server name was a rick roll hotline
it just plays rickroll
that still doesnt explain how someone outside my server was able to change my server name

if you have regular admins, they can change server names without it announcing

are there any other admins on the server other than yourself because admins could change the server name

was anyone else admin on your server
admins dont have the ability to change server names?

with RTB menus like the one you have they do

are there any other admins on the server other than yourself because admins could change the server name
if you have regular admins, they can change server names without it announcing
the only other admin was my friend and she says she wasnt messing with it

yes they can

with RTB menus like the one you have they do
regular admins can't use the rtb server menu

the only other admin was my friend and she says she wasnt messing with it
your friend is joshing you big time

Admins without RTB menus can change the server name, player limit, password, etc. without anybody knowing.

Admins without RTB menus can change the server name, player limit, password, etc. without anybody knowing.
some of those things like password being limited to super admin. server title is not

Breaking both of these variables should prevent admins from setting the server name
serverCmdServerSettingsGui_ApplyVariables(){}
serverCmdServerSettingsGui_Se tVariable(){}

Honestly was a dumb move to let Administrators have permission to change the server preferences.
But that's more than likely the case here, one of your Admins decided to play a prank and changed the server name.

any admin can just press ctrl-A - server settings - and change the name, password and gamemode(?) without it notifying chat.