Basically, A New Hope II
15 (25.4%)
Bad, Someone Spoiled It For Me
5 (8.5%)
Bad, J.J. Abrams Had Colored Lense Flares
8 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: April 21, 2016, 05:48:40 PM

Author Topic: What Did You Think Of Star Wars 7?  (Read 3305 times)

Im pretty sure -SPOILERS- will come back as a ghost.
Honestly, I don't see it happening. The character served their purpose to the plot and was retired in a way that was meaningful for the new trilogy.

It was pretty ok

Kylo Ren was just about as annoying, immature and fussy
That's the point tho

That's the point tho
Their goal was to make a character that was unenjoyable to watch? I don't get that logic

Their goal was to make a character that was unenjoyable to watch? I don't get that logic
No, the goal was to make a character that was immature and delusional. Some people find that annoying, but most tend not to. I personally didn't, I found the character fascinating in its own way.

Either a C+ or a B-

On the other hand I really don't want to judge it since I haven't seen the sequels yet

Im pretty sure -SPOILERS- will come back as a ghost. It already happened with -SPOILERS IF YOU THINK TOO HARD-
why would -SPOILERS- come back as a ghost when he's not even -MORE SPOILERS-?

Im pretty sure -SPOILERS- will come back as a ghost. It already happened with -SPOILERS IF YOU THINK TOO HARD-
Doubt it. Those ghosts trained to become ghosts during their lives (besides one though, which is kinda odd). SPOILER didn't train and also wasn't force sensitive. They're force ghosts, not just spooky afterlife ghosts.
The SPOILER actor also didn't show much interest in staying on.

I really enjoyed the film. They leaned heavily on the Ep 4 parallel's, but that's not an issue to me, unless 8/9 show great similarity to 5/6.
The films were well made and well acted. They were exciting, pretty, funny at opportune times, and genuinely fun. The new things we got to see were great, and it was a pleasure to return to some old things too.

It's petty to describe 7+ as just being a grab for merchandising, as Star Wars merch has never stopped being produced/bought since Star Wars hit screens. Plus, every Star Wars from Ep5+ has been met with substantial amounts of merchandising being pumped out.

How is it petty to call something what it is. A cash scheme lol

All the dead characters will come back as ghosts.

I didn't know it was possible to make a mary sue as a canon character but they did it

How is it petty to call something what it is. A cash scheme lol
Because it's bitching about the movie for the sake of bitching.
Every movie is a cash scheme, particularly movie franchises. They're made to make money, through tickets, dvd's and merchandise.

And no one on earth should be surprised that Toy companies and the like will make money off of a new installment in the most successfully merchandised series in history.
But to say the film was solely made to sell toys is ridiculous when there was no shortage in sales anyway.

Didn't like it. Just tons of recycled scenes and content and plot devices and sequences from Episode 4. Kylo Ren was just about as annoying, immature and fussy as Prequel Anakin. Snoke was just a cliché spooky throne villain.
I'd say Kylo was much worse than Anakin in the context of throwing those goofy tantrums. Overall the prequels were much more decent than episode 7.

But to say the film was solely made to sell toys is ridiculous when there was no shortage in sales anyway.
Obviously not solely.  But toys are the primary money maker in the franchise, which was the point.

I didn't know it was possible to make a mary sue as a canon character but they did it
It's not that hard