Author Topic: Feminists Celebrate loveually Transmitted Diseases!  (Read 5068 times)

if i get an STD should i be proud

should i be "pretty cool with it"
it doesn't matter tho

... what? There's a difference between supporting people who have STDs and supporting STDs, you dork.
But theyre saying they have x and theyre proud
shouldnt they be worried and have it treated instead of spouting that they have something nobody wants
what if they chose to not treat it and go on having love what if they get pregnant with that

it doesn't matter tho

wow good to know thanks my dude 👍

if i get an STD should i be proud

should i be "pretty cool with it"
It more or less pertains to the idea that women with STDs are viewed as 'disgusting' and possibly promiscuous when in reality there are men and women who contract them from their parents or from simple stuff.

Like, when you think STDs, the first thing that comes to most people's mind is a disgusting prostitute who is aged by years of career love. You may also think of a dirty old man or something, but it's generally viewed that STDs 'come' from women.

I hate to compare today's age to the past, but there used to be a lot of anti-STD propaganda that circulated around ww2 era that pictured beautiful women as being 'disease traps' or 'untrustworthy'
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 01:44:28 PM by Path »

It more or less pertains to the idea that women with STDs are viewed as 'disgusting' and possibly promiscuous

but isn't that usually the case (not just women either of course)

but isn't that usually the case (not just women either of course)
As I said, it used to be implied that STDs would be obtained by promiscuous women, but that's not really implied in this age. Still, there's not a perfect balance.

would you be proud of an STD though

would you be proud of an STD though
I would be proud of who I am, regardless of what disgusting ass diseases I got on my vagina. I think that's the point they're trying to convey.

If I got chlamydia from my mother through childbirth, I'd still want to be regarded and viewed as a human being, not a walking sack of disease.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 01:56:25 PM by Path »

you also don't know what you're talking about.

The common """""debunking""""" of the 77-cent wage gap figure explains that the gap is a product of women's choices, because women tend to choose lower-paying jobs. In fact, the original study that produced this figure discussed this. This explanation is not the end of the discussion but rather the start. Here's an incredibly thorough research publication discussing the pay gap, and Here's an article written by two women with Ph.D.s in economics who are far more qualified to have this discussion than either of us is.
While I agree that neither of us are probably the best people to be speaking about the subject, I don't appreciate the fact that you say I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm not at home so i can't easily access resources and cite them but there are just as many studies that show the countless other factors that contribute to the gender pay gap. I never claimed that there's no gap, just that loveism is not a major factor. Sure, there are loveist people out there that will pay women unfairly but it's not a main contributing factor.

I would be proud of who I am, regardless of what disgusting ass diseases I got on my vagina. I think that's the point they're trying to convey.

did you watch the video? that doesn't seem like what they're trying to convey.

besides, why be proud of who you are when "who you are" is likely what got you the STD in the first place?

maybe this is just a plot to know who to avoid when having love

besides, why be proud of who you are when "who you are" is likely what got you the STD in the first place?
So you're saying that everyone who has an STD, no matter how they got it, should be ashamed of themselves for having it? I should be ashamed if I'm raped in an alleyway by some unknown assailant and contract HIV? I should be shamed for having my first kiss with someone who didn't know they had Herpes? I should be ashamed if I'm dearly in love with a woman for a year or two and then discover that they had a disease the entire time and neglected to inform me? I should be ashamed of myself for growing up in a broken household filled with abuse and neglect and turning towards love to keep my two infant children well fed? I should be ashamed for having love in the first place? I should be ashamed for being human?

Having a disease doesn't make you some useless object with no feelings who can be thrown around by others.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:03:52 PM by Path »

I'm not at home so i can't easily access resources and cite them but there are just as many studies that show the countless other factors that contribute to the gender pay gap.
don't worry, the resources I linked do that.

you seem to think there's something inherently immoral about having love, or at least with having a lot of love. this is the exact attitude the video is trying to counter, because it doesn't really make sense

EDIT: what Path's saying is really relevant too - you can get STDs without having love with someone who had an STD, so shaming people for them especially doesn't make sense in that case.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:06:17 PM by Amade »

So you're saying that everyone who has an STD, no matter how they got it, should be ashamed of themselves for having it? I should be ashamed if I'm raped in an alleyway by some unknown assailant and contract HIV? I should be shamed for having my first kiss with someone who didn't know they had Herpes? I should be ashamed if I'm dearly in love with a woman for a year or two and then discover that they had a disease the entire time and neglected to inform me? I should be ashamed of myself for growing up in a broken household filled with abuse and neglect and turning towards love to keep my two infant children well fed? I should be ashamed for having love in the first place? I should be ashamed for being human?
If you watched the video you would know they were bragging about getting an std through being sluts