Author Topic: Tool gun  (Read 2835 times)

Tool Gun
Basically a ranged wrench.

The tool gun is from gmod.
If you are unshure of what the tool gun looks like, heres am image.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 12:39:25 PM by Potatoh »

It could also be awesome bricktool. If thats possible to make.

Why not just a mod that gives the wrench more range?

Why not just a mod that gives the wrench more range?
Because that's too boring

There is a ranged wrench, and it also comes with other ranged tools (but its green, and not tool gun styled)
Look up range on http://swololol.com/rtb and you'll find it as Tool_RangeTools

There is a ranged wrench, and it also comes with other ranged tools (but its green, and not tool gun styled)
Look up range on http://swololol.com/rtb and you'll find it as Tool_RangeTools

Then just model it like the toolgun that would fit in blockland.

Edit: If possible even the ray that it shoots out and makes the sound the toolgun makes when used.

bump
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 03:50:06 PM by Potatoh »

I had a bit of idea on how this could work.
Pressing a specific key binding can open a brick menu (seen by the wrench), but does not affect any brick. It instead, binds it to the actual tool gun. Upon shooting a brick, it modifies it with the settings currently on the gun.
So, if the toolgun has a brick name of "wow", the item chosen are Guns Akimbo facing up, and an event that kills you upon activation is set, shooting it at any brick will automatically set it to those specific settings.

I'm not sure if that's done yet or not.

Pressing a specific key binding can open a brick menu (seen by the wrench), but does not affect any brick. It instead, binds it to the actual tool gun. Upon shooting a brick, it modifies it with the settings currently on the gun.
So, if the toolgun has a brick name of "wow", the item chosen are Guns Akimbo facing up, and an event that kills you upon activation is set, shooting it at any brick will automatically set it to those specific settings.

Sounds like autowrench. Saves the settings you last put on a brick and lets you apply it to others with just a click. keybinds toggle on or off (its a client sided mod)

you can find it on an rtb archive

What about this: instead of having it work at bricks you shoot, it affects the bricks you plant. Upon enabling it modifies the brick tool. So now the brick tools model is replaced by the tool gun model, and any brick you plant spawns with the preferred settings. There is also server settings for if you need to be an admin or not to use it.

I also think it would be good to have an increment setting (i think autowrench has it?) where every time you plant a brick a number at the end of the name is increased by one. Undoing a brick spawn decrements it by one.

That was the bricknamegun. Doing a version of that combined with autowrench/autowrench on placed bricks sounds like a decent idea, other than the fact that the UI is probably going to be a tad complicated and hard to figure out (for those who aren't experienced computer users).

Like this..?
http://swololol.com/rd?f=Tool_SwissArmyGun
No, not with a thousand commands you into chat and almost forget instantly, just a really ranged wrench that looks like the toolgun from gmod, also some other stuff like a shooting animation and sounds