Author Topic: Base Raiders [v0.2.1]  (Read 24615 times)

Wait, what the forget. I congratulated Reinforcements on making his Base Raiders mod public, but as it turns out, you 'loosley based' this mod on his. Yeah, ok. Almost everything is exactly the same. He and I could not even distinguish the differences from yours and his. It's a real richard move for you to release a script that is the same as Reinforcements'. I mean, yeah. Reinforcements was keeping his private for the time being, but you didn't even give a single mention to Reinforcements in this release, when you literally copied every single thing from Reinforcements.

Real richard move dude.

Wait, what the forget. I congratulated Reinforcements on making his Base Raiders mod public, but as it turns out, you 'loosley based' this mod on his. Yeah, ok. Almost everything is exactly the same. He and I could not even distinguish the differences from yours and his. It's a real richard move for you to release a script that is the same as Reinforcements'. I mean, yeah. Reinforcements was keeping his private for the time being, but you didn't even give a single mention to Reinforcements in this release, when you literally copied every single thing from Reinforcements.

Real richard move dude.
This is what should happen when people keep fun mods private. What did you expect?

This is what should happen when people keep fun mods private. What did you expect?
It's a direct copy. It's not like 'I based my mod off of..' or 'It's kind of similar to reinforcement's'. It's 'I copied reinforcements in every way possible, without crediting him upon releasing my private script'.

It's a direct copy. It's not like 'I based my mod off of..' or 'It's kind of similar to reinforcement's'. It's 'I copied reinforcements in every way possible, without crediting him upon releasing my private script'.
Mods do not have copyright protection. It's up to jes00 to give Reinforcement credit.
As I see it, jes did us a favor.

There's an issue with power or something, no printers were planted yet 148 was the current global power usage on Queeba's server.

EDIT: Also, when loading bricks, all bricks have to be paid for?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 12:20:20 AM by TheBlackParrot »

Mods do not have copyright protection. It's up to jes00 to give Reinforcement credit.
As I see it, jes did us a favor.
Ok, so. Let's say that you made some addon. How about some Server sided RPG or something. You host it for a while, and in the time, I see your RPG. You stop hosting, and don't release it, because you plan to host it later on. In the mean time, I 'loosely' base my RPG off of your RPG, but it is really a direct copy. Are you saying that I am justified to have directly copied your mod, simply because it doesn't have copyright / you didn't release it?

Ok, so. Let's say that you made some addon. How about some Server sided RPG or something. You host it for a while, and in the time, I see your RPG. You stop hosting, and don't release it, because you plan to host it later on. In the mean time, I 'loosely' base my RPG off of your RPG, but it is really a direct copy. Are you saying that I am justified to have directly copied your mod, simply because it doesn't have copyright / you didn't release it?
Yes. The more people that get to enjoy it, the better. Keeping your addon private so people can only experience it when you're hosting it is stuffty and it's why we lose content when people leave the community.

Why are we able to save other people's bricks?

Anyway, props to Reinforcement for coming up with the idea... Albeit, it's been done in other games.

My server has been hitting the stuffter multiple times due to bugs in the gamemode. Glad they're being fixed.

To add some context to this conversation.

Reinforcements said that he was going to college and said that he might never host Base Raiders again. Me and Dannu urged him to either let someone trusted host it in his place, or to release the mod. He wouldn't.
Some time later me and Dannu were missing Base Raiders a lot. So I decided to recreate the mod because it was so fun. If I didn't make it, Dannu said he would.

I did credit Reinforcements at the top of the credits in the description of the gamemode.

My server has been hitting the stuffter multiple times due to bugs in the gamemode. Glad they're being fixed.
I just released the fix for the item buying system.
The power bug that Chill and TBP will be fixed as soon as possible. It might have to wait until tomorrow nightish.

In gangs.cs, there's some problems that will prevent normal Slayer team commands from working:
   function slayerTeamCmdJoin(%client, %mini, %clTeam, %a, %b, %c, %d, %e, %f, %g, %h, %i, %j, %k, %l)
   {
      if(%mini = %client.isInBaseRaidersMini())
      {
         //snip
         return;
      }

parent::slayerTeamCmdJoin(%client, %mini, %clTeam, %a, %b, %c, %d, %e, %f, %g, %h, %i, %j, %k, %l);
   }
This is in all of the functions in the BaseRaiders_Gangs package.

Overall, really nice work though!

Yes. The more people that get to enjoy it, the better. Keeping your addon private so people can only experience it when you're hosting it is stuffty and it's why we lose content when people leave the community.

Why are we able to save other people's bricks?

Anyway, props to Reinforcement for coming up with the idea... Albeit, it's been done in other games.
Yes, you can save bricks. But I can assure you that if you go on any loving server, save bricks, load them on your server, and host the same thing.. the original creator will get ticked, and you are most defiantly in the wrong. People missing something, or the creator of something not wanting to release something, does not justify somebody to make a direct copy of 'something'.
If you were to make.. let's say a deathrun. And you finish it, and people like it a lot. While you are hosting, I join and save bricks. You tell people that you won't be releasing the map, so I load bricks on my server, and host. You will be pretty ticked. Or. Let's say I don't directly copy bricks. But how about.. I load offset the save by like 3 bricks. You will be pissed.

To add some context to this conversation.

Reinforcements said that he was going to college and said that he might never host Base Raiders again. Me and Dannu urged him to either let someone trusted host it in his place, or to release the mod. He wouldn't.
Some time later me and Dannu were missing Base Raiders a lot. So I decided to recreate the mod because it was so fun. If I didn't make it, Dannu said he would.
Making a gamemode that is similar, is different than exactly copying it. Like, if you were to change some things up.. make your own version.. there would not be much of a problem. But you literally copied Reinforcement's in every aspect possible.

I did credit Reinforcements at the top of the credits in the description of the gamemode.
You should probably credit him in this topic. And probably more than a 'I loosely based mine off of Reinforcement's Base Raiders'.

Dragonoid... Drop it.

drag stop please

Real richard move dude.

whats the real richard move here, making an exact copy for people to enjoy, or hosting the original and having everyone love it and then stop hosting it and make it a private mod that you dont release

How do I enable vehicle spawn bricks? It says whenever I try to plant one, "This brick is RESTRICTED in this gamemode."
I am a bad coder too.