Building Blacklist/Whitelist [Update: Improved command system]

Author Topic: Building Blacklist/Whitelist [Update: Improved command system]  (Read 5400 times)

Building Blacklist  And Whitelist
By Peggworth the Pirate

A mod much like "Script_BuildingRights", however it is reversed. Everyone on the server can build until an admin bans them. Once banned, there is no way a user can plant any bricks (however they can still destroy them).

Version 1.3.0: By popular demand, this mod now also includes the full functionality of "Script_BuildingRights", which can be toggled on and off via the command /togglewhitelist. There are also a number of new commands to help manage the server better, see the command list below.

Update!
Version 1.3.1: Due to the obscurity of the command system, I have redone everything to be much more simple and a branch of a main command. Now all commands begin with /building and end with the command type and a name if you choose such a command. The command list is also unified, so giving and taking rights is the same command for both the whitelist and the blacklist. (same goes for listing who has rights or now)

Commands:
  • /building giveRights - give someone the right to build
  • /building takeRights - remove someone's rights to build
  • /building listRights - display who has rights and who doesn't for the given mode
  • /building clearRights - clear all rights given to anyone for the given mode
  • /building toggleWhitelist

Features:
  • Ban and un-ban players from building
  • RTB Prefs
  • Control what level of authority you must be to ban (Admin, Super-Admin, Host)
  • Define whether or not admins can still build even if banned
  • Host can't be banned from building (If it works correctly for you. See the bottom of the page for details)
  • Locate players by either name or BL_ID
  • Both Whitelist and Blacklist features

Important: I currently have a bug with my server where the host can no longer be detected as the host. Let me know if any of you have the same problem, and I will look into my code, but as of now I can't find why my code would be the cause of this error.
Also Important: The latest version is not tested very well, please report any bugs so I can fix them.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 08:16:27 PM by Peggworth the Pirate »

Could make this a two-in-one and make a way for us to use a building whitelist instead.

Could make this a two-in-one and make a way for us to use a building whitelist instead.

Why not just enable Scirpt_BuildingRights for servers you want to have a whitelist and this when you want a blacklist?
It can't go both ways, that's not how this works.

Why not just enable Scirpt_BuildingRights for servers you want to have a whitelist and this when you want a blacklist?
It can't go both ways, that's not how this works.
No, what I think he means is make this have an option to go whitelist mode (no I don't think we should use the building rights), then for the whitelist mode you would have a different pref list for people

can you add a /listbuildbans

This could definitely prevent Freebuild spammers from crashing servers.

Thank you.

This is good when im building stuff and people start to spam bricks.

can you add a /listbuildbans

No, what I think he means is make this have an option to go whitelist mode (no I don't think we should use the building rights), then for the whitelist mode you would have a different pref list for people

You're wishes come true. Check out the update, and re-download.

btw you should change the title of the topic when you release an update, and maybe put an indicator in the OP.

but also I feel like the commands could be way simpler. like, /nobuild [name] or /bban [name] and /yesbuild [name] or /bunban [name] or somethin. they aren't very uniform right now and easy to forget, I don't want to have to pull up this topic every time I need to buildban somebody.

The whitelist and blacklist titles need to be flipped.

I got you fam
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 04:12:40 PM by Maya67 »

The whitelist and blacklist titles need to be flipped.

Thanks bae

/bunban
oh well that's just not fair
a man should always be able to have buns