Author Topic: Camera Control Events Advanced  (Read 5735 times)

Camera Control Events Advanced
Version 1.0.2

A remake of the original camera control events in the style of the default Event_Camera_Control, with an additional two events: setCameraView and setCameraDolly

Events:
Brick > SetPlayerCamera
Client > SetCameraView > [brickname] [brickname]
Client > SetCameraDolly > [brickname] [brickname]
Client > SetCameraNormal
Minigame > SetCameraView > [brickname] [brickname]
Minigame > SetCameraDolly > [brickname] [brickname]
Minigame > SetCameraNormal

While in camera, players cannot move their player. Light exits camera view; the command is chatmessaged to the client when they enter camera.

The boxes in setCameraView and Dolly specify the starting brick name and the target brick name.

View will direct the view from the starting brick to the target brick.
Dolly will put players on a dolly that lets them freelook and move between the starting and target brick. Use A and D to move the camera along the line connecting the two bricks.

If you still don't understand it, just try it out with named bricks. Contact me if you still have trouble with it.

I stayed up all night to make this piece of stuff i hope you all appreciate it
Download
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:48:11 AM by Conan »

ohhhh heck yes my dude

super cool!! but i have a suggestion:

how possible do you think itd be to set a specified speed to the camera, so a player doesnt have to control it? basically scripted cameras?

EDIT: it'd also be helpful if the output name for SetCameraDolly behaved more like the output name for ToggleEventEnabled. in which i mean a space separates each name, so that you dolly between multiple brick names on a single output

just some suggestions. i think its great!!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:15:12 PM by mod-man »

HOORAY FOR CONAN

thank you so much dude

super cool!! but i have a suggestion:

how possible do you think itd be to set a specified speed to the camera, so a player doesnt have to control it? basically scripted cameras?

EDIT: it'd also be helpful if the output name for SetCameraDolly behaved more like the output name for ToggleEventEnabled. in which i mean a space separates each name, so that you dolly between multiple brick names on a single output

just some suggestions. i think its great!!
dolly is actually an engine function and only lets you dolly between two points. it would be very complicated to create a system where you can switch dollies without schedule spam, if its even possible

controlling the camera speed seems client sided so idk.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 02:07:08 PM by Conan »

This is very useful, thanks Conan.

ohhhh heck yes my dude
Totally radical, brah. Let's go surfing after this, for real, man!