akio attempts to upgrade his PC: resolution part 3 of 3 rip monitor..

Author Topic: akio attempts to upgrade his PC: resolution part 3 of 3 rip monitor..  (Read 2953 times)

well forget lol. hopefully I didn't cause any permanent damage although I don't think it matters since the card is coming out anyways.

thanks for the advice / knowledge stufflord. I'll keep the thread unlocked and maybe give an update after I go have it get worked on tomorrow

side note: I'm going to send this thing with the rest of the parts I want changed just in case. Is this a good idea?

*Reading this topic*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

OT: Good luck, I hope it works.

holy forget get ur hands out of your computer ur gonna break it

OH MY GOOD LORD JUST GO WATCH SOME VIDEOS ON HOW TO BUILD A PC

LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM YOU'RE HAVING COULD BE SOLVED BY JUST WATCHING TUTORIALS/GOING TO R/PCMASTERRACE

AKIO WHAT ARE YOU DOING GOOD LORD SON

YOU, THE HEATSINK, W

AKIO WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU

short for:

watch tutorials and read about PC's, hope you find a way to fix this.

just realized you're leaning the bottom of the new card on the metal computer case in this pic

you might have killed the new one holy stuff akio

well stuff I feel a lot better about ripping the turn signal off my car now

TAKE IT TO A STORE ALREADY JESUS CHRIST

I already said I am Gatysh lol. Right now the GPU and CPU are in their original packaging + bubble wrap around the box.

When I took that I had only set it down for <5 seconds while I snapped a pic

When I took that I had only set it down for <5 seconds while I snapped a pic

doesn't really matter how long it was on there, even a second of contact could have killed the card

why do you even try to put a new card and psu combo into a computer that is generic. the mobo looks fine but the case looks like its a stuff to deal with.

What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?

I didn't put the thing under the card back. I didn't think it would affect anything though
lol wtf did you do to your computer that would cause one of the usb devices (probably one of the ports) to have an over current?

disconnect the front usb port from the motherboard to fix that issue, you forgeted up something.

why do you even try to put a new card and psu combo into a computer that is generic. the mobo looks fine but the case looks like its a stuff to deal with.
I want to be able to run games easier. It was a bad idea for me to try and do this myself, but hopefully things work themselves out.

doesn't really matter how long it was on there, even a second of contact could have killed the card
well I can just hope for the best. there was a warranty that I purchased with the card so if worse comes to worst, it's probably covered.

hell yeah dude.

it literally just looks like just a piece of metal.
It's a special piece of metal, with the bottom machined precisely so that the metal contacts as high a surface area as possible. One which you just covered in dirt and dust and carpet stuff. Don't do that in the future; it makes your heat sink not work as well.

The 'USB Device over-current' error message means that the motherboard is detecting too much current going to a USB device. Unplug everything in the USB ports on the motherboard/case connectors and then check your motherboard to see if there's any loose screws or anything that's shorting it out.

It was a bad idea for me to try and do this myself, but hopefully things work themselves out.
It's a good idea to replace your own graphics card. It's a bad idea to go at it all ham-fisted without reading any guides. If you read online before busting open your case, you would have known not to work on carpeting with static-sensitive electronics, not to remove the heatsink from your graphics card, and not to do whatever you did that bricked the USB connectors on your motherboard.

At this point you should just bring it to a shop before you break more stuff.

holy stuff akio your PC must be screaming

holy stuff akio your PC must be screaming
i hope not haha. i didn't touch anything other than the screws on the current graphics card, so I really hope that the USB error is unrelated and/or a really really unlucky coincidence.
i do hope for the best though and if anything this scenario has taught me a lot about computers and i'm gonna take the initiate to learn about these things to avoid any conflict in the future.

once again, i'm really grateful for all the help that you guys have offered me. thx.