iEvent - Campus is up...again

Author Topic: iEvent - Campus is up...again  (Read 18806 times)

so now it's still an eventing clan
but for social events
that's a brilliant change tbh

i thought of it up as a reason to bring back ievent and not blockintosh. i technically have the permission of using that name but why bring back a real computer clan? not much purpose for what i want to do with a clan.

hey ya'll since me and tom aren't really starting any events quite yet until we finish renovating the campus, feel free to join in and freebuild. hey, who knows, if we like your build we'll put it on the campus permanently 

Aw, I thought it was Eventing blockland group.

YAY

ievent was a great clan. loved the stuff you guys did.

just a quick update on things.

now that i have some sort of hardware and i was hosting with the mac for a few days, i noticed i've been eating alot of the CPU on the thing and thought wtf why does this run like complete ass.

i ran winebottler (basically wine in a .app package for macs) and the blockland dedicated works way the forget better than the OSX version. i am currently in the midst of getting wine installed system wide on the server so i can actually host the server without making a weird applescript to run it from winebottler.

other than that, the loser and i have work alot (and he's finishing up his senior year, of high school. congrats bro welcome to the adult life.), so we're trying to cram in as much time as possible to working on the campus some time this week.

tl;dr: blockland's mac port is stuffe, the windows version runs better in wine on mac.

sorry about the delayed response with some PMs, work y'all.

BUMP.

after hours of compiling wine for mac os x the server is finally up.

Wow hey this brings back memories n stuff

Aw, I thought it was Eventing blockland group.

just to clarify, we still DO event, just not around the idea of technology in blockland. if we did that, distributing save files of our tech would be a disaster. plus with people capable of modding the game to do what our computers (as in actual pcs, not ievent pixel computers) do already isn't fun from a end user perspective. say like we made a ipod in blockland (blockintosh had the intent of doing this), it would be cool for 10 minutes and the whole idea of having a media player in the game would wear off, plus most people play music already on youtube or some other form of media (vinyl anyone?.)

as a bump:

if you guys are members already, PM me your BL_ID or get on the server at some point so we can start getting you guys offices.

the main building is bare for a reason: we want US to finish the inside! if you want to make some super duper sweet lobby material, go ahead by all means.

other than that, the loser is grinding through his last week of school. i'm on the server most of the time so come by the campus and hang around for awhile!

Hey I better retain my office space from last time!

Hey I better retain my office space from last time!

we redid the offices so they're cubical-like. you can make your OWN wall and door!

i think we'll be able to do a meeting soon ;).

thanks legopepper for making basically a huge revamp for the auditorium!

bumpity bump:

upped the server hardware to 4GB just for blockland, got a ethernet cable ran to it to we're set for now.

i'm gonna talk to the loser and others and we're gonna plan a "press" event for ievent to talk about what we have in store for the next few months.