Author Topic: Yato, Dooter, and more- Massive Spam  (Read 6876 times)

The point I'm making here is that you definitely should have banned the dude at first offense, that's what I was trying to say with the whole "Banning to set precedent"

If they're going to spam once, they're going to keep doing it if they get the chance. It was poor judgement on your call to give him a slap on the wrist over "Minor Spamming" because the concerns of them coming back and doing it again actually happened.

I don't get how you can say it's dumb to ban people over minor offenses when this literally shows that minor offenses of this nature will be repeated if they're given the chance. If anything, this should be solid proof that this mentality will harm the server
Then why the forget does the server have mute and kick features, if I am supposed to ban on first offence? Permaban is one of the most servere punishments you can give a player, and I don't think it should be inflicted for.. maybe a single or two lines of excessive caps.

And to make sure, I just asked 50 of my steam friends "Hey, quick question. Do you think that I should permaban somebody if they do minor spamming?"
And those that asked for more insight, I said "1 or 2 chat lines of excessive caps"

Out of these 50 people, 0% of them said it deserves. Literally nobody agrees with what you are saying. Unless you still don't understand the situation.. you are most definitely in the wrong for thinking that 'minor spam' deserves a permaban.

you were that desperate to prove him wrong that you asked "50 people" that probably can't administrate any better than you (aka poorly) to try and get your reasoning across

what a way to substantiate an argument holy forget lol

Out of these 50 people, 0% of them said it deserves... you are most definitely in the wrong for thinking that 'minor spam' deserves a permaban.

Okay you know what, I'm going to change my point. You should definitely not have admin on any server, it's clear you cannot handle that responsibility if you can't handle criticism without taking it personally.

People disagreeing with a point doesn't make it objectively wrong. You have not shown any reason as to why you shouldn't ban people for spamming, considering there is solid proof that the dude who didn't get banned went right back to spamming.

And to make sure, I just asked 50 of my steam friends
haha yeah right

you were that desperate to prove him wrong that you asked "50 people" that probably can't administrate any better than you (aka poorly) to try and get your reasoning across

what a way to substantiate an argument holy forget lol
I asked people that were in game on steam, so there wasn't a bias. Some people that I personally think can administrate well(that I asked): Ipquarx, LegoPepper, Dark X-rane, Owl, Fab, Niblic, Searings, Danny Boy, Army Unit, Jayce, Boodals, Redconer, Mr.LoL, and Filipe1020.

Okay you know what, I'm going to change my point. You should definitely not have admin on any server, it's clear you cannot handle that responsibility if you can't handle criticism without taking it personally.
wat. I mean, yeah. I went probably a bit too far to 'prove a point', but I don't think it's personal. We are just trying our best to prove each other wrong / put each other in the wrong. I just went too far with it.

People disagreeing with a point doesn't make it objectively wrong.
I suppose that applies to this situation, considering that ways of admin can be different from person to person. In your eyes, your point is correct, in my eyes your point is wrong. Neither of us win because neither of us will change our views on the situation.

You have not shown any reason as to why you shouldn't ban people for spamming, considering there is solid proof that the dude who didn't get banned went right back to spamming.
Because it was minor loving spam. It was two lines of excessive caps and after I kicked and muted the person, they stopped. If everybody followed your form of administration, most of the blockland population would be loving permad from every server.
Think of it like this: If Yato had stopped spamming, and this drama had not occurred, would a permaban for 2 lines of excessive caps be fit for the situation?

haha yeah right

I'm not going to say that I talk to all of my friends regularly, but I will say that the people in my friends list don't despise me to the point of me not being able to ask them a question. I did ask 50 people (All of the people in game).

you post all these names but I'm 100% positive that you worded the question in your favor so it would be a simple answer.

in exact words what did you send

you post all these names but I'm 100% positive that you worded the question in your favor so it would be a simple answer.

in exact words what did you send
And to make sure, I just asked 50 of my steam friends "Hey, quick question. Do you think that I should permaban somebody if they do minor spamming?"
And those that asked for more insight, I said "1 or 2 chat lines of excessive caps"

If someone does some minor spam (Like a few lines, emphasis on minor) it is really not worthy of an immediate permaban. Minor offences are not worthy of permabans in general. A mute for the rest of the day to let them cool down and give them a chance to not do it again is plenty punishment for something minor. If they do it again, permaban. Simple as that.

What all of these people did is absolutely worthy of permaban. But let's say the first time one of them did it, it was just a few lines. Them being immature and trying to get someone to pay attention or something. It's not that big a deal. This is an entirely different matter.

i usually ban people for an hour or so when they are going too far with the spamming and acting like complete children in general, and if they come back to spam more (80% they do) i will just permaban them. simple.

so yeah, you manipulated the question
How so? Generic is saying that I should loving permaban everybody that does minor spamming. We've established that. I asked blatantly if I should ban people that minorly spam. There isn't much else to it.

How so? Generic is saying that I should loving permaban everybody that does minor spamming. We've established that. I asked blatantly if I should ban people that minorly spam. There isn't much else to it.
Don't take everything he says to the literal point. He was alluding to you having poor judgement for the situation and generally being unfit for admin. And I agree

Don't take everything he says to the literal point. He was alluding to you having poor judgement for the situation and generally being unfit for admin. And I agree

Nearly everyone will ban people from their server if they spam
The other admins have set precedent by permanently banning him. What's your issue?
The point I'm making here is that you definitely should have banned the dude at first offense, that's what I was trying to say with the whole "Banning to set precedent"
What the forget am I missing here? He's blatantly said that I should have permanently banned Yato after his extremely minor first offence. You may think that I have poor judgment, and I can't change that(because you have a blatant bias on me), but honestly perma banning somebody on their first offence is worse judgment.

Dragonoid you've become a worse admin then you were before. You a. ask for eval on every server that you admin/host on your own "to make your life easier"
b. create server-crashing "things" and spam-dupe them (oh yes I was there.)
c. cannot handle administrating and/or an argument and resort to damage-control.
d. cannot follow through with simple requests
You're a great guy, don't take me wrong. But, you're unfit for any administrative position due to a lack of proper judgement and common sense. Stop forcing yourself into roles which you obviously lack the skills for and go into something else.

take it to another drama