Author Topic: [Server] Seatbelts  (Read 9136 times)

tbh I was thinking of a gamemode where the context is that it's a driving exam/test, and you can't touch a single cone/brick/wall or else you get ejected (possibly into space) and lose.

idea probably needs more refining though and it really doesn't need any code changes (except changing prefs, such as setting $Seatbelts::CollisionSpeed to '0' and $Seatbelts::RoadSafety to 'false') so anyone could do this if they wanted too.

pageloss reminder: v1.2.0 is now available.

since it's BL physics we're dealing with you will either safely collapse next to the vehicle or go flying 500mph into space.
lol

THE SEATBELT KART SERVER IS UP
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 06:16:07 PM by Darth C3P0 »

Um... Not seeing the preferences. They're not in RTB's preferences (file or GUI) or prefs.cs.

Um... Not seeing the preferences. They're not in RTB's preferences (file or GUI) or prefs.cs.

They're in the server.cs
It doesn't matter though because I've just pushed an update to BLG that changes the preferences to use BL's prefs.cs and added RTB preferences alongside that.

Quote from: v1.3.0
  • Added RTB preferences that save - no longer need to open server.cs
  • All prefs are now saved to Blockland's prefs.cs with or without RTB.
  • Fixed chime being heard when road safety (seatbelts) is disabled.
  • Minor code changes.

Update is pending approval.

The only thing is this shouldn't happen in things like closed planes, tanks and etc. so that will end up not looking that good, but otherwise cool. Maybe make some sort of command to edit which vehicles in your server have this mod enabled?

The only thing is this shouldn't happen in things like closed planes, tanks and etc. so that will end up not looking that good, but otherwise cool. Maybe make some sort of command to edit which vehicles in your server have this mod enabled?

Speaking of tanks, I found a subtle bug with the mod.
Tanks or mounted AI vehicles such as the Cannon Plane mod have a slight issue where if someone were to drive at high speed towards a wall in a tank with no other operators, the turret will literally dismount off the tank, and I think I know why.

Tank turrets count as AI, and AI has the same functions as players, no? In which the turrets also are affected by the mod.

Speaking of tanks, I found a subtle bug with the mod.
Tanks or mounted AI vehicles such as the Cannon Plane mod have a slight issue where if someone were to drive at high speed towards a wall in a tank with no other operators, the turret will literally dismount off the tank, and I think I know why.

Tank turrets count as AI, and AI has the same functions as players, no? In which the turrets also are affected by the mod.

I thought I fixed that, I double checked and it turns out I never even implemented such a fix - must've forgotten about it entirely.
I'll do it tomorrow.

EDIT: update v1.3.1 has been pushed to BLG pending review.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 03:53:06 PM by Crazycom »

I thought I fixed that, I double checked and it turns out I never even implemented such a fix - must've forgotten about it entirely.
I'll do it tomorrow.

Will it be a pref?
I'd actually like that to happen with turrets :P

Will it be a pref?
I'd actually like that to happen with turrets :P

no.

hmm I'm possible test this add-on on my working in progress vehicle called "Wildcat"