[Server] Seatbelts

Author Topic: [Server] Seatbelts  (Read 9132 times)

Seatbelts
Requested by Darth C3PO

Description

Any occupant not wearing a seatbelt in any vehicle which impacts at a pre-determined speed (default 30) will be forcibly ejected with tumble, since it's BL physics we're dealing with you will either safely collapse next to the vehicle or go flying 500mph into space.

Engage and disengage your seatbelt by left clicking in a vehicle with nothing unholstered.
Alternatively, use /seatbelt or /sb.

Occupants with their seatbelt on can't leave until they disengage their seatbelt via one of the methods above.

Prefs Available

• Adjusting collision speed threshold (try setting it to 0 and playing SpeedKart ).
  • Disabling seatbelts altogether and keeping the collision impact.
  • Adjusting the screen whiteout from collision impact.
  • Adjusting whether the seatbelt is automatically disengaged when trying to exit a vehicle.
  • Adjusting whether to tumble or kill the player on collision impact.

Download on Blockland Glass
Comes complete with seatbelt clipping sounds.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 11:19:20 AM by Crazycom »

since it's BL physics we're dealing with you will either safely collapse next to the vehicle or go flying 500mph into space.
wear your seatbelts kids

I just realized that you don't have to reenter the vehicle to use iron sights on weapons when you have your seatbelt on, so that's a huge plus

I'm going to download this. This is too good.

now fill up a passenger jet with that, then crash it 👍🏻

now fill up a passenger jet with that, then crash it 👍🏻

it was a pain in the ass getting the bots on to it in the first place, sadly didn't record that incident though.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:45:34 PM by Red Spy »

What if you had normal players fill the jet, but shrink the jet to the lowest size possible, would they fall normally, or would it result in moon flights?

EDIT: I did it with a flying wheeled jeep, and it sent me to space 2/3 times.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 12:59:35 AM by Killbot Alpha »

This is such a great idea, I would of never thought of that!

👍🏼

This is a perfect add-on to catch vehicle crashers off-guard!

This could make for a great gamemode. You ride in a car that's controlled by a bot, and you gain points for not wearing your seatbelt off but risk flying out. The last person to survive or whoever has the most points by the end of a round wins.

This could make for a great gamemode. You ride in a car that's controlled by a bot, and you gain points for not wearing your seatbelt off but risk flying out. The last person to survive or whoever has the most points by the end of a round wins.
this sounds hilarious

I could imagine this mod with speedkart
preferably a full server...whew boy

This needs a companion mod that prevents someone from chatting while in the driver's seat of a moving vehicle. Texting and driving kills thousands every year.