lets discuss the current state of the rap game

Author Topic: lets discuss the current state of the rap game  (Read 5044 times)

I don't like anything revolving around:
-drugs
-love
-money
-boobs
-butts
-how large boobs or butts are
-gangs
-guns
-hookers
-crime/violence
-how stupid the police are

so that basically eliminates 95% of mainstream rap. At one point I bothered to check out upcoming rap artists but after the 100th time of it being the same stuff I listed above I just stopped caring. I remember one time a person linked me to a really cool rap song that was actually had a nice meaning along with it. Wish I could find more like that :(

This so much

try j. cole, the roots, kendrick lamar, mos def, mf doom, common, and lupe fiasco's "tetsuo and youth" album

just watch, theyll be forgotten about within the next 3~ years. uzi will be stuck doing features on b-grade rappers tracks because he wont be able to produce any good content of his own
nah they blowing the forget up, just you watch

try j. cole, the roots, kendrick lamar, mos def, mf doom, common, and lupe fiasco's "tetsuo and youth" album
Will give those a check, tyvm

i like rap that has the following:

-little to no cussing
-no brother, bitch, ho, etc.
-isn't too fast
-you can understand the words

very hard for me to find these though.

i just like stuff i can wild out to with my friends that make the neighbors hate us

i like rap that has the following:

-little to no cussing
-no brother, bitch, ho, etc.
-isn't too fast
-you can understand the words

very hard for me to find these though.
This except I don't mind cussing and I also like rap with actual music in it other than 5 sounds and bass earthquakes

This except I don't mind cussing and I also like rap with actual music in it other than 5 sounds and bass earthquakes
please listen to "kids these days", amazing group that broke up a while ago thats hardly even rap but still qualifies, sounds exactly like something you and hill would like. i would suggest their "traphouse rock" album

please listen to "kids these days", amazing group that broke up a while ago thats hardly even rap but still qualifies, sounds exactly like something you and hill would like. i would suggest their "traphouse rock" album
Alrighty

yachty is the future of rap

idk i like lil richardy

i feel like i should love rap. because far more than the beat of music i prefer the lyrical quality of it. it's why i like a lot of folk music and i really love broadway especially.

i do like some rap songs. i listen to Eminem's Rap God a few times and thought it was pretty good, not really my style though. electronic music tends to give me headaches. dan bull is pretty good on some of the things he does, though i felt like a lot of it was sub-par.

i've only deliberately listened to mainstream rap ironically. it's complete garbage. i don't know any other music group where the mainstream selection of it is utter trash. you might say "pop music" but there are some pop songes i think are at least okay, like "radioactive".

idk i like lil richardy
he's just more creative, one-man lonely island imo

i really like Grime and UK based MCs, as i care about flow and/or speed more than i do lyrical content, but i'm not sure if that counts as rap

i don't really care much for mainstream rap, but i'm sure i could find some stuff i really liked if i looked

Just listen to old weat coast rap. For life.

i once found fifty cent for twenty five cent at goodwill