share server ideas

Author Topic: share server ideas  (Read 2714 times)

I've considered reviving the older "zombie defense" idea. Despite there being lots of zombie themed servers up, none really parallel the older Rotondo Zombies based zombie defense server. I'm considering a somewhat different spin on it where players can place pre-designed structures as opposed to the old style where users had to unlock pre-placed and built defenses.

I've also thought about bringing back a remake of Mr. Wallet's Rise of Blockland crossed with some ideas from Iban's never-finished CityRPG, although servers seem to be much more round-based and short lived and it seems that the player base is less interested in longer games like RoB/good CityRPGs.

Now that I've finished working on Glass 2, I'm gonna start investing time in one of those at least.
first idea sounds like it would go real well with prop tool. i was meaning to add some sort of zombie support or something so that it would be better; shouldnt be too hard for you to do it yourself. optionally you could use the v8 zombie bot hole addon that lets zombies kill bricks, but baseplates and large structures going down can happen.

ive been meaning to do something with the prop tool but i never figured something out. id have done zombies if i knew how to set up endless zombies so they always find player (something on my end seems consistently broken about alwaysfindplayer)

as for other ideas, a zombie campaign map maybe, in the style of no room left in hell. eg where you have plenty of time to react, and it's mostly positioning and lack of strategy that will end people's lives.

dodgeball is pretty underrated tbh. i prefer the dodgeball that you hold down to throw and have unlimited amount of it over the default one.

I'm working on pizza delivery gamemode - a racing game where you competitively deliver pizzas, earn money, upgrade your vehicle and eventually become employee of the day.

That part of the gamemode is already finished and is being hosted 24/7. My goal now is to add extra modes and polish the game.

I'm currently working on a mode called "Explosive Pizza" - one player is randomly selected to carry a 'pizza bomb' (pizza box with a bomb fuse coming out) at the start of the round. The bomb can be transferred from player to player by getting near each other, and the bomb explodes after 40 seconds, killing whoever has it at the time. After exploding, another player is randomly selected to get a bomb. To win, you must be the last person alive.

I should also add that the game uses a server-sided direction system (by Armageddon) that shows each player where to go to deliver their pizzas. The direction system is also used in "Explosive Pizza" mode to show the bomb-carrier where the nearest player is.

sounds like fun

sounds like fun
Ya I'm hoping to have the explosive pizza mode at least ready for testing Thursday afternoon. I would've completed it already but I have a big test in like 8 hours that I've been studying for.

Civil War TDM CTF. I already have it made and everything just I need to actually host it

Once not long after a real life thunderstorm around June 2015, I had the genius, revolutionary, and totally not inspired from the storm idea into bring storms to blockland, which developed into a gamemode that never came to fruition called Disaster City, and later just Disaster (should really be disasters, which is what the players would be facing). I was going to use Sumz city but I downgraded to Slate city for some reason, probably for performance reasons. Clearly, nothing has resulted from it, and a similar gamemode has been released (Build to Survive), but what the gamemode that I was working on was supposed to be more focused on realistic disasters and not have building. Maybe it even could've had hunger, thirst, energy (to stay awake), and etc if you wanted to make it a even more long term gamemode with less frequent disasters or some other gameplay adjustment. You'd probably call it "Disaster Land" in that case.

what me and twix are doing
"sky.delete(); groundplane.delete();" freebuild
nobody wants to join tho

I'm in the process of building a temple gamemode where a group of adventurers go into a puzzle laden holy temple full of (player controlled) templar guardians and traps (that are randomized each round!), where if an adventurer actually manages to get the holy grail at the end of the temple, they become a super angel being that gets the privilege to kill anything (including their former comrades) as they see fit before the next round starts.

I've also had ideas rattling in my head about event based deathruns that could use the same randomization mechanic I have in mind for the temple gamemode, along with heaping helpings of hideous relay spam, though I'd probably just release it at that point because I personally would probably get bored of it.

As well as a medieval siege game where...well if you've played Mount & Blade, basically that.

I've even considered making an (also event heavy) space station map that would feature capture points and involve Team A trying to take over the station of Team B, or just blow it up trying (both hard to achieve but blowing it up would be more fun)

I really think I am an ideas person, I just suck at building so it takes a while for me to make something I'd like to share with other people, and I really think I'm an expert at the default events (and slayer) so It's really fun seeing what interesting things I can do in the game that sound fun.

sorry for rambling

something I posted in a private telegram chat but might be a good idea

i might make my ship into a space tdm of some sort
maybe a siege or something idk

Ho boy, a few ideas I've had:
RPGs
Fort RPG - Probably my oldest RPG idea. Players can form their own nations and place 'fort stones', which are huge floating crystal things. These mark an area in which that nation is allowed to build. (Heed ended up doing something like this with PRPG with flags) It would've had some sort of peace/war system. I wasn't sure on the best way to handle that but basically under the circumstances of war/open pvp, players from other nations would be able to destroy your nation's bricks. Once the fort stone is reduced to 0 HP, they would be given two choices. Let it be completely destroyed, in which, the whole fort would slowly decay, or pay the same price it would cost that nation to place that fort stone to renew it. I scrapped this idea because there's no way to find a good balance between fair and fun in this kind of situation. It would also only be of any interest with a high server population.

Turn Based RPG - A turn based RPG more focused on adventuring than it is grinding. Players would go through a story mode, dungeons, or other dangerous areas. All of which would be co-op. I still wouldn't mind doing this but right now I'm more invested in another idea.

TDMs
Mining TDM - Think infinite mining, but TDM. Players mine their way to getting upgrades for not only their pickaxe, but also weapons and abilities. The base can be damaged by any weapon, but takes significantly more damage from a pickaxe. Of course, in this case, being infinite is not such a good idea. And RNG would be fine, but in order to remain balanced, the generation needs to be mirrored. This could be easily done by generating the map into variables before spawning the dirt/ores.

'Grinding' TDM - Players could select from a variety of sub classes based on their chosen main class. Sub classes could be changed at will, but main class would've either been impossible to switch, or punishing. Each main class had some sort of sub class that can be used to go grind. Whether it be chopping wood, mining rocks, or I forget what else. These resources were used for a variety of upgrades and other things. The problem with this TDM is that it requires like, 6 players minimum to even get started, and more to be interesting.

Loot Hoarders - A TDM about treasure chests. The map has scattered treasure chests. Opening one will cause it to spit a (weighted) random item at you. This could be a weapon, an item like a pill or something, or whatever you want to do with it. I was going to also include passive abilities, which could not be dropped. Max of 3, getting a new one or dying bumps the first one off. The objective of the game is not to kill though. In order for your team to score points, you need to drop items into your team's large chest. Players would drop all items on death and start with a weak low/0 point weapon once they spawn. Maybe only allow the player to carry 3 or so items at a time. I was going to include a carrying capacity passive as well. There's a chance I might still do this, and if it's good enough, I'll release the basic gamemode, and maybe the additional features separately.

Im actually in the process of deciding what I want to host or make and I am stuck between 2 ideas:

Lava DM
This has 2 potential outcomes. The easiest would be to build a small lava arena where people need to throw spears at the platforms people are on so they fall into the lava. The other idea is a lava sorta base where people can fight to the death with environmental events like shooting a container will dump lava on the lower sections or destroying a bridge will result in access being denied

EDIT:
Basically this

Topic:
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=149757.0;viewResults

City RPG
I am not sure what to do here, I can lay down the basic baseplates and either have it with the cityRP mod or without. With the CityRP gives people an objective to go for like earn more money to buy more land or something while None CityRP allows instant freedom without limitations.

I honestly would like to get an idea that most people would want to visit and check it out but I have no clue what to host. At the moment, I just have a Freebuild that is stress testing my server so honestly I just want to host atm lol
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 01:20:15 PM by Shocklink »

i was working on both a platformer and an rpg