Author Topic: [Server] Downed v4  (Read 11564 times)

I'm going to type "GET THE forget UP." every time I revive a person
Swollow, make Revive quotes a feature

NOW I can finally finish my BO2 Tranzit map. Thank You.

Swollow, make Revive quotes a feature

Add a pref so you can change what they say or make them say nothing

Nope, looks like your prefs handle this, thank you.

Edit: Do you think you could make a pref or something to make it where the player doesnt sit, he lays down when hes in the Downed sate?
I don't think you can force players to crouch or look (laying down is sit+looking up or crouching). You have to crouch to move, though, otherwise you're just sitting there unable to move. Also, laying down makes it hard to attack someone.

v2.1 -> v3

Increased default $Pref::SwolDowned_DownedTime to 11000
Added $Pref::SwolDowned_DownedBleedMult default is 0.2
   This makes it so each sequential downing is 20% shorter
Redid the way the downing death happens,
   Instead of instantly losing 100 hp at the end of the timer you lose 1% of your hp over the course of $Pref::SwolDowned_DownedTime
   Once you reach low health the whole screen begins to fade in red until you die
You now are brought back to full health after being un-downed
Added a list of prefs and descriptions and default values at the top of the server.cs file for reference
Added a lot of commenting in code to make reading easier to follow and explain reasons for doing thins
Changed the method of making people sit, accuracy while sitting is now actually accurate
Added $Pref::SwolDowned_DownedMessages Which shows a generic notification message when someone is downed
Added $Pref::SwolDowned_HelpUpMessages Which shows a generic notification message when someone helps up a downed player

Can you make this work with the shooter playertype?
Also, can you make it so we can toggle whether or not we take damage while downed?

Anyone reminded of gamemode_zombie by this?
tbh I still use this addon.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 10:58:42 PM by Ryan Crowlife »

Anyone reminded of gamemode_zombie by this?

man swollow basically every time I look at the thread there's an update with new awesomeness
would it be possible to make a revenge/avenge mode, where if you're killed by a player or bot, that player or bot dying by ANY METHOD will heal you? So I'm killed by the big bad boss but my teammates can't help me, they kill the boss, I get a second wind. Another example is bob kills me and falls off a cliff, when Bob dies I get a second wind. (and it'll say Revenge! or Avenged by ____! instead of Second Wind.)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 12:45:03 PM by SuperSuit12 »

v3 -> v4

Added support to add datablocks that aren't default player models for downed player types with the following commands
downed_addExtDb(DBNAME);         Add a db to the list
downed_remExtDb(DBNAME);Remove a db from the list
downed_listExtDb();List all the ext db
downed_clearExtDb();Clear all the ext db
Added $Pref::SwolDowned_DownedNoDamage which will make downed players take no damage from outside sources
Added $Pref::SwolDowned_DownedNoItems which prevents downed players from using items
Added $Pref::SwolDowned_RevengeMode Which will revives all downed players if the person who downed them dies (which will say revenge or avenged by ___)
Added __ is back up messages when a second wind or revenge occurs (this will not happen if $Pref::SwolDowned_HelpUpMessages is set to false)
Raised a tick thing to prevent glitches from occurring while a server is lagging
Added some error detection on names
Added a reset period on helping people up so you can't spam it really fast

putting the above commands in console don't work
what are you typing in

might want to add addon updater support, its tiring downloading the addon again because of a new update.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:57:17 PM by Ryan Crowlife »

You gotta put the name of the datablock in the DBNAME

this just gave me down syndrome
your syndrome may be down, but my hopes are up