Poll

Do you support at least 5 US dollars to Cemu on Patreon?

Yes
No
I support less than 5 dollars

Author Topic: Emulation Thread  (Read 3320 times)

Welcome to the Emulation Thread, from old to the newest stuff on emulating!
If there's an emulator I provide that isn't the most popular one, tell me! Or if I've made any mistakes, tell me!
Please suggest things for me to add too!

Otherwise, talk anything emulation!

Emulators
(Click each picture for download link)

Nintendo Emulators

NES

Current ver. 0.97

SNES

Current ver. 1.53
N64

Current ver. 1.6.1

Gamecube + Wii

Current ver. 5.0

Wii U

(NOTICE) Cemu is a work in progress emulator. There will be some glitches and requires a really high end PC to run bigger games
Current ver. 1.5.3
Current Patreon ver. 1.5.4

Gameboy + Gameboy Color

Current ver. 1.5.2

Gameboy Advanced (And also DS I guess)

Current ver. 2.6a

NDS

Current ver. 0.9.11

3DS

(WARNING)  Citra is a work in progress emulator. There will be some glitches and it may not work for fast for any PC
Current ver. (No stable builds, only nightly builds)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 10:11:11 PM by Meta_KnightX »

Sony Emulators

PSX

Current ver. 2.0.5

PS2

Current ver. 1.4.0

PS3

(WARNING) RPCS3 is a work in progress emulator! Don't expect to play games on it yet!
Current build 1.0.2742

PSP

Current ver. 1.2.2

Other Emulators

Arcade

Current ver. 0.172

DOS

Current ver. 0.74
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 11:30:54 PM by Meta_KnightX »

Why no$gba and another emulator for the gameboy? You are much better off using Visualboyadvance.

doesnt this count as piracy

Not if you own the console and own a copy of the game you're emulating iirc

in the no piracy thread it says that emulation is ok, so he should be safe if he doesn't link to roms

I'm not even sure why anybody ever even questions this anymore when Badspot has already stated in the pinned thread that talks about piracy stated that.
Stuff that is ok:
Emulation
Anyway a majority of emulated games are out of print anyway, for the most part aren't sold thorough any digital/physical rerelease means, and fall under abandonware at times.

nobody download the project64 emulator it's bundled with malware

does RPCS3 actually work? has anybody here used it??

nobody download the project64 emulator it's bundled with malware
Thanks for coming out and noticing that, fixed with a hopefully better link.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 08:21:21 PM by gebenuwell »

I've only ever tried it to play MGS4, but it doesn't work for that. There are gameplay videos of people playing stuff using it, the compatibility is just quite small

I've never used it and probably won't for a while since the compatibility is (unsurprisingly) slim as of now and considering you'd need an even beefier than one that could play 6th gen games well, it's out of my alley for now.

It does work from what I've seen though, only really graphically simple games games like Disgaea 3 work on the emulator as of now. It'll probably take years from now for more complex games like Red Dead Redemption and Grand Theft Auto V to work. That said a lot of these newer emulators like RPCS3, Xenia, CemU, and Citra have been making some great progress so it won't be too long until the compatibility lists for them start to expand.

Project64, Dolphin, Desume, PPSSPP, ZSNES, and Visual Boy Advanced are my favorite emulators.

Obviously the emulator that has the best sound out there is the first version of ZSNES that supported audio. Vinny from vinesauce made a video with it. Its so good that it has only DOS support! Oh and its also older than almost all users on blockland.

Speaking of DOS. DOSBox! Its so popular and good of an emulator that if a company sells a DOS game it probably will come with DOSBox for running the game. Every time a person emulates a DOS, its almost always DOSBox. Some people even use it because of resolution or controlling clock cycles.