Author Topic: Blueprint Mod?  (Read 16047 times)

oh my
what about coloring individual bricks that correspond to the template tho

i made that code at 3am on nothing but caffeine after not sleeping for like 40 hours
here is better code

great work swollow (as usual)

is the color always red though?

great work swollow (as usual)

is the color always red though?
no that was just to show contrast that it can trace any brick model

« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 10:41:40 PM by Swollow »

-snip-
-snip
wow swollow, great moves. keep it up, proud of you.

what im legit curious to know is how you got the static shape, if that is one, to outline the brick edges

and looks way better than what i could have done too, congrats

what im legit curious to know is how you got the static shape, if that is one, to outline the brick edges

and looks way better than what i could have done too, congrats
i wrote some code to draw thin static shape lines around bricks
if the brick is not a simple cubic brick then it opens the blb file of the brick scans through all the points that make up each face, add them to a list, scan through the points again and add a thin static shape between each set of points and rotate the shape so it becomes collinear with both the then a small algorithm that decides what lines are unnecessary and removes extra ones

doesnt that take a bunch of preprocessing and can lag users when it generates the block static shape data? i presume you reuse the data you calculate but calculating it in the first place doesnt seem like a minor lagless task.

nevertheless what a bunch of work for a minor visual effect ingame when you could easily have used ghost bricks instead. its really really cool though and from a coding perspective i appreciate the effort a lot

doesnt that take a bunch of preprocessing and can lag users when it generates the block static shape data? i presume you reuse the data you calculate but calculating it in the first place doesnt seem like a minor lagless task.
there is only one static shape datablock and its a thin line, each brick is composed of multiple of them
nevertheless what a bunch of work for a minor visual effect ingame when you could easily have used ghost bricks instead. its really really cool though and from a coding perspective i appreciate the effort a lot
ghost bricks would be easy to mix up with your own ghost brick

there is only one static shape datablock and its a thin line, each brick is composed of multiple of themghost bricks would be easy to mix up with your own ghost brick
i mean the part where you run through and process the blb file and figure out the number and orientations of the static shapes involved in the outline. the math/processing required for that doesnt seem trivial.

second point: makes sense, and fair enough. just should set some sort of limit on the static shapes or else ghosting/lag on lower end comps could become an issue

i wrote some code to draw thin static shape lines around bricks
if the brick is not a simple cubic brick then it opens the blb file of the brick scans through all the points that make up each face, add them to a list, scan through the points again and add a thin static shape between each set of points and rotate the shape so it becomes collinear with both the then a small algorithm that decides what lines are unnecessary and removes extra ones
holy forget

Is this addon supposed to spawn a load of ghosted bricks and then players fill in those spots or follow instructions?
Cuz I think that it would be cool if this was added. Then the noobs can finally builds some good stuff. (No hate)

Damn I need to download that so bad. Can you link it?

I hope those aren't static shapes, or that thing will kill fps