Pokémon GO Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon GO Megathread  (Read 49064 times)

ooo ayx, lookin' spicy.
i want a lapras.

LIST OF POKÉMON GO INCIDENTS
wow who thought going outside would have things like this

Ah, enough lurking for me. Time to post again.

Ok ok ok ok You see, im a really huge pokemon fan? Alright? Ive had all the games since gen III, I love pokemon and I always will.

But my parents are so GOD DAMN OVERPROTECTIVE and they wont let me have a smartphone even though we're in the 21st century.

I want to play Pokemon GO so badly, im itching so much to play it but I dont have a smartphone. I want to cry.

;-;

But my parents are so GOD DAMN OVERPROTECTIVE and they wont let me have a smartphone even though we're in the 21st century.

what does overprotectionism got to do with having a smartphone or not, do you have a regular cellphone?
I mean you're posting on this forum so you obviously have access to the Internet in some form, so I don't see how a smartphone can be much of an issue.

what if they just can't afford it
this was the thing with my parents and i just ended up buying my own

what does overprotectionism got to do with having a smartphone or not, do you have a regular cellphone?
I mean you're posting on this forum so you obviously have access to the Internet in some form, so I don't see how a smartphone can be much of an issue.
Some parents don't like the idea of having the internet everywhere. Like, they assume you're going to hide somewhere and watch research or something. It's dumb.

Ah, enough lurking for me. Time to post again.

youre 14 and not allowed to get a smartphone? wow

They dont seem to understand, when I mean they're being overprotective is because they think that theres gonna be creeps hunting me down when I use one, like i'll get tracked and raped or something idk. I try to convince them that it doesnt work like that but they're so stubborn, I tell them that other kids have phones and stuff but they never understand. And they dont know that im on this forum, so everything I do is practically hidden from my parents, which I feel guilty of. And no I dont have a regular cellphone. Oh and btw my parents arent really tech-savvy so that explains it, and they still think im too young(???????).
what if they just can't afford it
this was the thing with my parents and i just ended up buying my own
Nah, they can afford it.
youre 14 and not allowed to get a smartphone? wow
Yep :(

Nah, they can afford it.
are you sure? have you asked them?
i used to think that my parents could've afforded it but then i realized that out financial situation was really tight and my mom is like 30k in debt and doesn't work.

like im 16 and i had to buy my own
my parents never said that i wasn't responsible enough or anything they just couldn't afford it

are you sure? have you asked them?
i used to think that my parents could've afforded it but then i realized that out financial situation was really tight and my mom is like 30k in debt and doesn't work.
If they can afford 2 phones for them, im pretty sure that they can afford one for me lol. They actually said specifically that money wasnt the problem, but they wanted me safe. I guess they just really care about me or something but this is going a bit too far you know. Plus when I go to highschool, im gonna have to NEED a smartphone when I do clubs and activites and all that stuff, so that too.

If they can afford 2 phones for them, im pretty sure that they can afford one for me lol. They actually said specifically that money wasnt the problem, but they wanted me safe. I guess they just really care about me or something but this is going a bit too far you know.
alright so later tommorow or today actually go ask them if you could get a cell phone
if they say no ask for a specific reason and dont get huffy about it if you're that kind of kid
Plus when I go to highschool, im gonna have to NEED a smartphone when I do clubs and activites and all that stuff, so that too.
haha no you dont
i never did i just wanted one