Author Topic: REQUEST: WeatherMod?  (Read 680 times)

Is it possible to create a working weather mod that randomizes different types of weather? Is it also possible to sync it with a daycycle?

There's already a default Randomize button in Advanced in the Environment Settings GUI
unless you mean something else

What I think OP is trying to suggest is the same thing I was thinking about the other day.

A script that randomly switches between "weathers" - certain custom daycycles.

So for instance you would have a few different daycycles

A sunny one which is pretty basic
A cloudy one where maybe the shadows don't pop out so much, to simulate cloudy/lighter levels of light
A rainy one where obviously the daycycle is darker and it is raining

Just to name a couple. The script would randomly blend or switch between the daycycles to simulate the change of weather. I doubt it could blend them together, so you'd probably want some extra daycycles that would fit inbetween the transition of Sunny to Cloudy, Cloudy to Rainy, Sunny to Rainy, Rainy to Cloudy etc.

Similar to Grand Theft Auto's system.

I'm pretty sure people were suggesting this back when Shadows and Shaders first came out, and people started experimenting with the Day/Night cycle system. It might have already been made but I can't remember. It's been a while.

This is exactly whatt I need im sure it would be extremely useful
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 09:58:57 PM by -Fate- »

I'll try to do this over the next few days. I need a list of different atmospheres that you want and their descriptions, please
I may also just entirely redo daycycle events, and include these.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 10:13:52 PM by Cruxeis »

I'll try to do this over the next few days. I need a list of different atmospheres that you want and their descriptions, please
Alright

I want clear, cloudy, rainy, snowy, dusty(dust storm maybe?), anything that would seem pretty cool.
Clear: A few clouds
Cloudy: Covered with clouds (not to many)
Rainy: Hard pouring rain is fine
Snow: Hard pouring snow is good too
Dusty: Idk if this is a good idea but maybe like a dust cloud and particles flying everywhere?