Poll

Week-Long Poll: Opinion on No Man's Sky (Expired)

Buy it. (Worth it)
9 (17%)
Rent it. (Good, Not worth the $60)
6 (11.3%)
Wait for sale. (Okay, but only buy at lower prices)
21 (39.6%)
Skip it. (Not my cup of tea)
17 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: No Man's Sky "Official" Megathread - Review Roundup!  (Read 20265 times)

Ah okay
That's still kinda pathetic that they let that be a problem to begin with. I get that this is an indie developer but still what kind of developer thinks it's acceptable to release a game that crashes if you try to alt tab  and change the song you're listening to

Apparently the inventory is limited to 48 slots, which is kinda disappointing. I was under the impression you'd have an infinite/scroll-able inventory and you could keep expanding it so long as you could afford it

this game is forgetin addicting

I find it really dumb that you have to juggle having decent upgrades with slots to actually carry stuff

like I could either gimp out my exosuit/ship and have only carry like 2 materials at once, or be able to take barely all the resources on the planet available but have literally no upgrades.

they really should move upgrades to a different inventory space for both exosuit and ship cause I'm probably going to end up rarely upgrading my stuff so I can actually have space to carry everything, meaning gaining all of these upgrades is basically useless.

I find it really dumb that you have to juggle having decent upgrades with slots to actually carry stuff

like I could either gimp out my exosuit/ship and have only carry like 2 materials at once, or be able to take barely all the resources on the planet available but have literally no upgrades.

they really should move upgrades to a different inventory space for both exosuit and ship cause I'm probably going to end up rarely upgrading my stuff so I can actually have space to carry everything, meaning gaining all of these upgrades is basically useless.

Yeah, inventory management is a big annoyance in this game.

Did anyone else find that giant snake?

The one that was removed from the game? ;)

I'm feeling some serious white guilt over stealing your megathread. I didn't even notice there was a second way better one until mine was at like 40 pages lol

Everyone move over here for a more appropriate discussion about the game.

Everyone move over here for a more appropriate discussion about the game.
From your earlier posts regarding the game, that probably means "100% denial of buyer's remorse & no criticism".

The only pre-release footage I looked at of NMS were those IGN first interviews and I based my opinion off that. Do people actually give a stuff about cinematic trailers?

The only pre-release footage I looked at of NMS were those IGN first interviews and I based my opinion off that. Do people actually give a stuff about cinematic trailers?
There is a list on Reddit about all the features that were clearly shown in trailers, live gameplay or "confirmed" by Murray. There are no  "cinematic trailers" for this game.

Look mate, I really liked MGS5, but if I had actually been following the game for years and seen all of the trailers (Which pretty much show every cutscene in the game) I would hate that game so loving much. I'm glad I didn't follow it. You got lucky with this game, but just because you didn't expect much doesn't mean that people who actually watched the trailers for the game and followed it's development are wrong for being angry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-uMFHoF8VA

This plays exactly like the game, if not worse. No tom foolery going on here. I did my research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-uMFHoF8VA

This plays exactly like the game, if not worse. No tom foolery going on here. I did my research.
Then justify this "non-tom foolery":

http://www.onemanslie.info/the-original-reddit-post/

If you know something about game development, you know you can always implement cool looking features, but just because they look like they're complete, doesn't mean they're 100% compatible or even do anything outside of what you see in a trailer months before release. Hello Games sort of forgeted up since they were showing too much content that they didn't have enough time to finish and put in the final version, so now they're being painted as liars by many many people. There's also the side to this where Hello Games or Murray never mentioned that the finished game is going to be neutered of many features that the trailers showed and Murray talked about, even when he was on Colbert's show he was showing off stuff that never made it. I still think that they were acting in bad faith since they were never honest about the final game.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 03:31:58 PM by Rednakin »

From your earlier posts regarding the game, that probably means "100% denial of buyer's remorse & no criticism".

I didn't even buy the game or saw the pre-release trailers. So how many loving times do I have to say that buyer's remorse wouldn't affect me?

I can't just loving like the game? Holy stuff bro.