Author Topic: Content Badspot ripped from other games to put in Blockland: the list  (Read 4938 times)

recently i came accross a lot of videos and stuff from doom and call of duty 1 and found many and many blockland sounds to originate from these games so i decided to make a big list of these things with your help

Sound/Music

if you want to help complete this list, post a link here to the content you think is the source of a blockland asset
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 04:37:19 PM by Vitawrap »

The spear hit sound is from Quake 2

The death scream is a sped up version of Doomguy screaming.

inb4 "After School Special is from a mexican rap song!!!!!"

This is a common misconception.  I wish I'd saved proof of it, but I asked Badspot once on his server what the source of After School Special was.  He told me it's from a royalty-free music CD he got back in 1996.  Indeed, "Me Cacharon Mis Papas" (semi-nsfw warning) seems to use the same stock music source, but one is not from the other.

Of course, neither "source" is a video game, but I feel it's worth bringing up before someone else does.

Some of the sound files in the base/data/sound directory have titles if you look in their properties or have that tab visible in Windows Explorer, so you might be able to use those names to trace them back to their source

"Me Cacharon Mis Papas"

no denying however the pure entertainment of Me Cacharon Mis Papas. this video has turned around some tribals and I consider it a Mexican national treasure. LA researchO LA researchO LA researchOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The spear hit sound is from Quake 2
to be more clear its the distant ambient explosion sounds (you hear it in the first level)

ripped directly from quake 2 files
'explod2.wav'
https://my.mixtape.moe/ditwdy.mp3

or in this video

https://youtu.be/e8KLER2FuIQ?t=88
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 04:29:37 PM by Trogtor »

the fact that it gets cut off makes me think that it's some sort of stock or royalty-free sound

the fact that it gets cut off makes me think that it's some sort of stock or royalty-free sound
ur mom is royalty get rekt m9

they're all royalty free sounds. im pretty sure badspot can't take them from games legally.

Some of the sound files in the base/data/sound directory have titles if you look in their properties or have that tab visible in Windows Explorer, so you might be able to use those names to trace them back to their source

its pretty interesting what these sounds come from

it'd be interesting to know specifically where all the loops came from
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 12:37:51 AM by Electrk. »

the size increase sound on the smashy smash gamemode is just straight up the mario mushroom sound

kind of reminds me of that siren sound being in some submarine video

also curious where orch hit or whatever is from