holy forget Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is getting trashed

Author Topic: holy forget Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is getting trashed  (Read 5601 times)

i haven't played it yet and as a deus ex fan i thought this stuff's really gonna go wild

but jesus i didn't expect it to have preordering/microtransaction stuff on it

/discuss

Well that's stuffty. I didn't have high hopes since that one Deus Ex mobile game that was 99% microtransactions but I would have expected better from a real game company.

I mean... It's a singleplayer game...
You can just not buy it. Unless the gameplay is like, reliant on it.

...what kind of micro transactions are they offering?

By the looks of it, just some weapons. Nothing even really important. This isn't really a new concept at all. Some RPGs, including PC FF7 did this.

...what kind of micro transactions are they offering?

afaik:

I mean... It's a singleplayer game...
You can just not buy it. Unless the gameplay is like, reliant on it.

i think people buy it for the sake of just being die-hard fans of the series

i'm neutral on this but i'm curious as to how it got a hard loving smackdown

afaik:

That's pretty cheesy but it doesn't seem very integral to gameplay

Like, I'm not even into Deus Ex in the slightest but are the fans really up in arms about something entirely optional?

i think people buy it for the sake of just being die-hard fans of the series

i'm neutral on this but i'm curious as to how it got a hard loving smackdown

like. By the looks of it. There's some bugs (which can and always do get fixed in games) and some very very optional weapons that you don't have to buy. That seems to be the gist of everyone's complains.

Like, I'm not even into Deus Ex in the slightest but are the fans really up in arms about something entirely optional?
like. By the looks of it. There's some bugs (which can and always do get fixed in games) and some very very optional weapons that you don't have to buy. That seems to be the gist of everyone's complains.

there is a top recommended review to help people get 50 fps on the game by changing a few setting so yea

most of what i'm seeing so far is optimizing issues and whining about microtransactions

The problem is purely the fact that there are microtransactions, in a AAA game on top of that.
 "oh but just ignore it, its not like you need to buy anything else"
Doesnt matter how much it actually affects gameplay, this shouldnt be something that we allow, even less so with the inclusion of a season pass

The "optional items" are only valid for one save file. In a game as reliant as choice as Deus Ex is, being able to make a brand new save to start from fresh is really important, so it means that if you want those items again (to make your playthrough a bit easier, especially on the harder difficulties), you'll need to pay again.

Frankly, that's ridiculous. APB also does the same stuff where you need to pay a HUGE amount extra of real cash in order to purchase weapons that are permanently tied to your account, rather than permanently tied to a character or limited time rented for a character.

There's also issues with Mouse Acceleration, crashes caused by setting certain visual settings to the highest (and some people getting crashes even when at the lowest), clipping issues, an in-game P2W store for a single player where you can spend real money to purchase items for single-player and so forth.

What an awful launch.

The problem is purely the fact that there are microtransactions, in a AAA game on top of that.
 "oh but just ignore it, its not like you need to buy anything else"
Doesnt matter how much it actually affects gameplay, this shouldnt be something that we allow, even less so with the inclusion of a season pass
pretty much this. publishers keep trying to nickle and dime gamers more and more because people always say "oh its optional". it is, but it sets a terrible precedent and when publishers see they can get away with it, they try more and more egregious tactics. in a few years we will be paying £5 for individual levels of singleplayer games

That's a shame, looks like I'll be buying the game when it gets fixed and when it goes on sale.