Author Topic: What is the hardest boss in Video Game History?  (Read 5872 times)

Why are you guys playing DOOM anyway? That game came out in 1993. JoeysWorldTourLIFE doesn't have an age listed, but based on his username and comment I'm guessing he's about 13-15 and TheABELBOTO has his age listed as 17. That means, at best, the game came out 5 years before ABELBOTO was born and 8 years before JoeysWorld was born. Even estimating you started playing video games at the ripe age of five, that's ten and thirteen years respectively. Were your parents too poor to afford an Xbox 360, so they relegated you to SNES? God I feel old saying that.

loving CLYDE IN THE CALDERA IN PACMAN WORLD 2. forget HIM AND THAT STUPID LAVA
there's a glitch were you can just stand still and the flames won't hurt u ;)

Why are you guys playing DOOM anyway? That game came out in 1993. JoeysWorldTourLIFE doesn't have an age listed, but based on his username and comment I'm guessing he's about 13-15 and TheABELBOTO has his age listed as 17. That means, at best, the game came out 5 years before ABELBOTO was born and 8 years before JoeysWorld was born. Even estimating you started playing video games at the ripe age of five, that's ten and thirteen years respectively. Were your parents too poor to afford an Xbox 360, so they relegated you to SNES? God I feel old saying that.
I can't tell if you're joking or you're being serious.

I can't tell if you're joking or you're being serious.

In the middle. DOOM may have been revolutionary for its time, but there's no reason to play it in 2016. There was essentially no reason to play it after the turn of the century.

In the middle. DOOM may have been revolutionary for its time, but there's no reason to play it in 2016. There was essentially no reason to play it after the turn of the century.

Doom still has a popular modding community still making new wads and other stuff, idk I replayed Doom 2 earlier this year and I found it really fun.

What.
Doom still has a popular modding community still making new wads and other stuff, idk I replayed Doom 2 earlier this year and I found it really fun.

basically this

In a world of video games objectively superior in every way, there's no reason to play DOOM. Please give me one way in which DOOM is superior to a generic FPS released after 2005.

loving CLYDE IN THE CALDERA IN PACMAN WORLD 2. forget HIM AND THAT STUPID LAVA
loving YES

THAT MOTHERforgetER IS loving IMPOSSIBLE.

In a world of video games objectively superior in every way, there's no reason to play DOOM. Please give me one way in which DOOM is superior to a generic FPS released after 2005.
no reason to play?
i can give you some reasons: never played it, re-playing it, playing with mods
i'm sure there are many more reasons but these are just the first three i could think of

do you even need a reason to play a specific game?

from me
The Lich from Pecon's Boss Battles.
I don't know if gym leaders count as a boss, if I have pick a hard gym leader from a Pokemon game
it would be Motherforgetin' Clair.
Also honorable mention to
Shadow Yukiko from Persona 4
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 07:44:02 PM by cooolguy32 »

it can run on pretty much anything, it has huge maps that aren't just corridors, the WAD file system makes modding it a piece of cake, you can face hundreds of demons and witness the destruction you've caused as their corpses splatter the floor and don't disappear after 20 seconds, automap is just awesome, projectiles launched by enemies are totally avoidable so you don't have to look for cover everywhere.

and the fact it's not generic shooter from 2005 onwards lol

Dr. octopus in spider man 2 for console that took way too many tries until I finally beat him

The Handymen in Bioshock infinite on the hardest difficult where way too hard

Tarturus at the end of Halo 2 also took quiet a few tries

I wonder if he can still get on the train :Z