Poll

Should I get my lazy back to make minigame?

Yes!
6 (100%)
No!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Freeze Tag Playertypes Ver. 1.2.0 [Update Finally Here!]  (Read 7436 times)

Hey, hey, hey, it's my first released addon!

Have you enjoyed playing Freeze Tag back in Roblox when you were younger? Well, maybe you never actually even played Roblox. But whatever, here come three playertypes so that you can play Freeze Tag with ease!

Freeze Tagger
Can click on Untaggers to make them fine ice statues.
Runs (and accelerates) 60% faster than the normal player.
Jumps 30% higher than the normal player.
Has 25% air control as opposed to 10% air control of the normal player, which is enough to strafe in the air.
Moving while standing is just as fast as moving while crouching.

Freeze Untagger
Can click on Frozen players to make them into plastic again.
Is otherwise identical to the Tagger, but runs (and accelerates) 50% faster instead of 60% faster than the normal player. Run, Forrest, run!

Frozen Player
Is a fine ice statue that can crouch, speak, shake its arms, turn around, but cannot move.
All it can do is try and help the Untaggers not get caught by Taggers it can see (via communication) and wait to get unfrozen.
Also, it has forced third person view.

Every playertype has forced third person and disabled jets in common.

Pictures
And now, footage of a demonstration!
Size of the images reduced intentionally so that the post isn't too long. Original image resolution 800x600.

These are the materials I will use for the demonstration of the addon. At the left, a bot Untagger ready to be frozen and unfrozen. At the right, a black brick to become a Tagger, a white brick to become an Untagger, and a good old red brick to become an ordinary blockhead.

The HUD is intentionally visible in the screenshots, you will find out why later.

Because the bot is not currently frozen, becoming an Untagger now is pointless. So, I've chosen the blue pill- uh, black brick and became a Tagger. This also put me in third person. Not anymore. Though third person helps for understanding things, so I won't update the pics.

I go up to the bot, tag it, then back off so that you can have a good view at it. As you can see, I now have a message confirming I tagged someone, and the bot is a distinct ice statue. The message shows the name of the person you tagged too, it doesn't do that now because I didn't give the bot a name.

Now I turn into an Untagger via the white brick and unfreeze the bot. I have another message stating I have untagged someone, and the bot is back to normal.

After the torture the poor thing has gone through, I use the red brick to become normal, run up to the bot and hug it so that it feels better.

There are also messages for being the person yourself that gets tagged and untagged, but there was a shortage in playtesters for the final version of the addon, and bots don't know how to play Freeze Tag, so they cannot be shown.

Download
...From Blockland Glass!
...From Dropbox!

Thanks To...
TableSalt, for suggesting something that didn't exist already and was within my capabilities
The dump() function, which helped with finding all the variables and functions I needed
Zapk, for happening to have a handy raycast script in his OnActivate expansion addons I know he is banned alright
Shift Kitty, for telling me how to make immobile players not slide away

P.S. The addon has plenty of comments included if you wanna check out how it works!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 12:21:07 PM by Marios »

neato
seems weird to force third person on them though

put a download link!!11

neato
seems weird to force third person on them though

That's what TableSalt wanted. Maybe I should add a preference to disable forcing.

put a download link!!11

It's there!

That's what TableSalt wanted. Maybe I should add a preference to disable forcing.
i think he meant just on the frozen players, that would make much more sense

Yeah, I misunderstood that. I was a bit excited to have a request that is possible for me to do.

I've made forced third person apply only to the Frozen players now, and won't increase the version number because the issue originated from a confusion pre-release.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 07:35:05 PM by Marios »

Freeze Tag Playertypes updated to Version 1.1.

What has changed:

-Attempted to make slippery frozen player bug fix more foolproof
-Shortened tagging/untagging range by a torque engine unit (?) compared to the actual activation range
-Frozen players can no longer change their colors (though this doesn't actually unfreeze them)
-Added a check so that tagging/untagging is exclusive to taggers/untaggers and is not given attention if the player is frozen or other playertype (Thus results in enhanced performance)
-Does not really affect the addon's function, but comments have changed a bit

OP will get updated in a short while, and will include both versions 1.0 and 1.1.

this is a really cool addon

*tags gr8dayseth*

Your jokes are cold enough to freeze players without this addon!

Your jokes are cold enough to freeze players without this addon!
your next

i'd say more, but im giving you the COLD shoulder!

findclientbyname(Marios).player.dataBlock = "PlayerStandardArmor";

Suck it! You cannot tag non-freeze tag playertypes!