Poll

Should I get my lazy back to make minigame?

Yes!
6 (100%)
No!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Freeze Tag Playertypes Ver. 1.2.0 [Update Finally Here!]  (Read 7432 times)

findclientbyname(Marios).player.setDataBlock("FreezeUntaggerArmor");

*untags gr8dayseth*

*runs away*
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 08:57:19 AM by Marios »

A hotfix has been applied which actually prevents players from changing body colors as frozen for real this time.

If you already have the addon, you can do the following instead of redownloading the addon:

CTRL+F the following line in server.cs (Which you open with a text editor):

if(%player.dataBlock $= FrozenFTArmor)

And replace it with:

if(%client.player.dataBlock $= FrozenFTArmor)

This is likely the last update that will be done to the playertypes. Unless I find some new cool thing or something.

Next up: A Freeze Tag gamemode for the playertypes to work at!

May Slayer help us all...

I think I'll host a server of this on a default map.

EDIT: Just realized that I need to figure out a way to make the minigame reset once all "not-its" are frozen
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 01:11:02 PM by Admiral Obvious »

Someone build a cool custom map and host pls.

-Attempted to make slippery frozen player bug fix more foolproof
Just give them back their runforce. It's needed for a player to stop moving.

I think I'll host a server of this on a default map.

EDIT: Just realized that I need to figure out a way to make the minigame reset once all "not-its" are frozen

Until then you'll have to manually reset the mini when untaggers are all frozen. That's what I did when I was hosting. Though you'll need to have more admins than just you in your server, otherwise you'll end up having a server that is hell incarnate. Take my word.

I will make the gamemode which will prevent having to do that in the meantime.

Just give them back their runforce. It's needed for a player to stop moving.

So that's the problem? Oh. I use setVelocity to stop players from moving, which works most of the time. Of course, it's better when I can skip a function.

Version 1.1.1, We Have To Go Deeper, will be released as a version since performance practically improves along with bugfix.

No changelog is needed in this case, because you've probably figured out what is changing.
Invalid. An update will exist, but won't be just a bugfix.

Someone build a cool custom map and host pls.

And boy, will I be glad if someone does this.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 02:25:21 PM by Marios »

Version 1.1.1 has been released, which makes frozen players guaranteed immobile, and improves performance when tagging a frozen player a bit. Thanks to Shift Kitty.

(I know I said I would make it more than a bug fix, but setting a preference for tagging/untagging range ended up being impossible)

Next up is the Freeze Tag gamemode.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 08:50:46 AM by Marios »

This should get more attention

This should get more attention

Totally, but before it can get more attention it needs the gamemode.

And to make the gamemode, I need Greek2Me to hand me over a manual of gamemode functions, or a way to make a check every while if Slayer has that way.

Greek2Me, Incorruptible Pure Pureness of the Gamemode System Extrordinare, I call upon thee! Make your appearance!

Freeze Tag Heroes Never Die!

Though, after I killed this meme, maybe they die eventually.

Not yet!

The OP will be updated with Blockland Glass download, a poll will be added, and an update with a gamemode is coming!

Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:49:02 AM by Marios »

my game freezes when i get tagged, fix?

a gamemode and a map for this would be sick, looks like a really neat addon (esp for a first)

my game freezes when i get tagged, fix?

Get an Untagging Technician to help.

a gamemode and a map for this would be sick, looks like a really neat addon (esp for a first)

Yeah! Once I make the gamemode, this should get enough publicity for someone to make a map for it.

Version 1.2.0 is finally here!

So what's new?
  • Tagging Modes!
    • Along with clicking to tag, you may now instead go the Roblox way and tag by touching instead! Or BOTH!
    • Three tagging modes available: Click Tag, Touch Tag, Both
  • RTB Preferences added!
    • Click Range for Click Tag (Can be anything from 2 to 8, default range is 4, activation range is 6
    • Tagging Mode
  • Changed messages when you get untagged and when you untag someone
  • Various edits for the better

Rejoice!