Author Topic: What was the best/worst LEGO video game?  (Read 6260 times)

Dear god the temptation was too strong. I couldn't resist.

Basically, I really was wondering "Damn, what was the worst lego video game"? So then I created this thread. Oh and I also wondered what the best one was.
(NOTE, when you comment you have to put down both the best and worst lego game according to your opinion)

blockland was the best/worst LEGO video game

what's with all these surveys
am i even getting paid

star wars the original trilogy

how many reward points do i get for this survey

Like Lego as in licensed by Lego or games that have building blocks?

Like Lego as in licensed by Lego or games that have building blocks?

Licensed.

Lego island 2 is literally the worst.

Lego island was suppose to have 6 games made by the original creators. But they got laid off by mindscape.

So instead we get some cheap knock off Lego island 2 which is nothing like what was originally planned which was called beneath the phanta sea.

After Lego island 2 I would say extreme stunts is even worse.

After that I would say the licensed crap like star wars, Indiana Jones, batman, etc. They are all the same recycled garbage.

I'd vouch for LEGO Racers 2 to be the best game.
As for worst game... any of the licensed crap as Tony said. They pretty much all play if not look the same.
LEGO Minifigures for worst game.

i had fun with the indiana jones 2 level editor

After that I would say the licensed crap like star wars, Indiana Jones, batman, etc. They are all the same recycled garbage.
This

Lego island 2 is literally the worst.
Hey Tony, if you give me a day or two, I'm going to have a special present for you regarding LEGO Island 2 in the general chat. I had my friends whip up something...

NOTE: I'm excluding console/handheld ports and cancelled LEGO games, of which there are quite a few. This is exclusively about PC games.

Man, has this topic got me into some heated arguments over the years. Let's start by ruling out the ones that simply can't be the best games, but could very well be the worst;

• LEGO Island, as said by lead designer Wes Jenkins himself, was never envisioned or designed like a game. It was a virtual toybox which you could just fiddle about in all the diddly damn long day. LEGO Island 2: The Brickster's Revenge is one of the worst games of all time, and LEGO Island: Xtreme Stunts isn't much better.
  • Any LEGO game developed by Traveller's Tales after the original LEGO Star Wars is automatically disqualified due to constant rehashing and awful design choices that go completely against the very values of the LEGO brand. Even the few games that stand out (LEGO Jurassic World and LEGO Harry Potter) are still significantly flawed that they simply can't compete.
  • LEGO Galidor and LEGO Friends. YUCK.
  • LEGO Chess and LEGO Soccer Mania/LEGO Football Mania are very pale imitations of the real games and don't teach kids much about how to be really good at playing chess or those football games (like EA's FIFA series).
  • LEGO LOCO and the LEGO Creator games (including the Harry Potter variants), regardless of any gameplay they tried to add, are basically just simulations and building toys.
  • LEGO Universe, LEGO Minfigiures Online and LEGO Chima Online all had significant issues (LMO was literally a cookie-clicker with nice graphics), although LEGO Universe was probably the best of the lot.
  • There's over 50+ LEGO Online Flash games of varying quality, but I don't think there's any standouts (except maybe Mata Nui Online, Backlot, World Builder and Junkbot) which could compare to the big standalone releases.
  • To date, LEGO Stunt Rally is the only game to successfully pass The Orange Test and is about as challenging as having a wonderful wank.

This leaves the following games which are all valid for the title of Best LEGO Video Game:

• LEGO Rock Raiders
  • LEGO Alpha Team
  • LEGO Racers
  • LEGO Racers 2
  • LEGO Drome Racers
  • LEGO Bionicle: The Game

As someone who owns almost all LEGO games and has been questing for the past few years to 100% them all, I can guarantee that at least one of those games on the list is total stuff and doesn't belong there, but I decided to be generous. I won't make my mind up just yet; I'll see what kind of bickering you people can come up with before I give my conclusive opinion.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 07:43:15 AM by McJob »