Author Topic: What was the best/worst LEGO video game?  (Read 6250 times)

I was thinking of this, but I think I enjoyed LEGOLAND more
Forgot to add it to my list, but its honestly a little *too* simple for a Park Sim.

I liked lego island and lego rock raiders

Is Rock Raider good? I never played it, I always wanted to play it.

Is Rock Raider good? I never played it, I always wanted to play it.

Yeah if you like rts games!

LEGO Movie Video Game is my personal pick for worst video game of all time. It is just one big box of stupid bullstuff.
At the very least it was quite colorful. They did use actual Lego Bricks to make the background instead of some generic terrain model that other Lego Games have used. The Lego Batman 2 game on the Nintendo DS was pretty enjoyable for me. Still haven't completed all the other things aside from the main story (which will take an eternity to do at the rate I'm actually playing the game at). What are your thoughts on Lego City Undercover? I used to watch so many walkthroughs of that game.

Probably Legoland or Rock Raiders is my favourite. Whether they're the best is disputable. They both benefit from a lot of nostalgia.

My personal worst is Lego The Hobbit.
It failed to add anything substantive over Lego Lord of the Rings, had fewer characters, funny items, levels and smaller world map. It was also much much buggier.
But the big kick in the teeth is that it was only 2/3rds of a game at full price, and there are currently no plans to release the final movie as an expansion or rereleased game.

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens is scary in the same way, in that there are 5 more movies coming out at least and I don't want to buy 5 Lego games for each, even if Lego TFA was one of the most fun recent Tt Lego games.

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens is scary in the same way, in that there are 5 more movies coming out at least and I don't want to buy 5 Lego games for each, even if Lego TFA was one of the most fun recent Tt Lego games.

There are actually 3 more coming out (Star Wars: Rogue One, Star Wars Episode VIII, and Star Wars Episode IX)

There are actually 3 more coming out (Star Wars: Rogue One, Star Wars Episode VIII, and Star Wars Episode IX)
I think they're doing more spinoffs than just Rogue One

Yeah, there's episodes 8&9 to come, plus Rogue One. But there are 2 more non trilogy films to come, one of them rumoured to be a Han Solo origin story.

best one: Lego Starwars 1
Worst one: Lego Starwars the clone wars

Lego Star wars 2 was my favorite TT game.
I remember playing this with my little brother (before he turned into a handicap that sits on his ass playing GTA 5 all the time) for hours. I played Lego Star wars 1 on my gamecube and it was ok.

Here's the TT games ranked from worst to best from what I saw. (NOTE: There was one list which marked 17 of them).
17: LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues.
16: LEGO Rock Band.
15: The LEGO Movie Videogame.
14: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7.
13: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean.
12: LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4.
11: LEGO Lord of the Rings.
10: LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures.
9: LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars.
8: LEGO The Hobbit.
7: LEGO Marvel's Avengers.
6: LEGO Batman.
5: LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham.
4: LEGO Jurassic World.
3: LEGO Batman 2: DC SuperHeroes.
2: LEGO Marvel Superheroes.
1: LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga.

(Yes I think Star Wars is better than Marvel, get mad).

I'm going to be honest: from a gameplay standpoint (in my opinion), the Tt games have been steadily improving since the first entry. This is largely due to the introduction of splitscreen multiplayer and a targeting cursor, along with more open-world hub levels rather than the Super Mario 64-style more boring/uninspired "open the door to select your mission".

None of this excuses Indiana Jones II's "interesting" plot choices and its butchery of the source material for the sake of puzzle bosses and level design.

EDIT: rephrased an inaccurate comparison
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 10:43:23 PM by WaterOre »

lotr was better than hobbit since it was the full story

i only played lego games based from movies like indiana jones or star wars