Author Topic: we're putting my dog down today  (Read 8686 times)

if you remember a few years back, I made a few threads about how my Beagle was quickly declining in health and we felt he would die soon. well, it's been 2 years and he's still managed to survive. we got him in 2007 as a companion to my other dog (yellow lab) so he wouldn't be lonely when we were away at work/school. he started getting fat but not morbid or anything, just a bit of chub. around 2011, his eyes started to constantly get filled with goop and stuff, probably an allergy to the grass he rolls around in. he could still kinda see, but we'd have to clean out his eyes like every few hours. medication never helped, and it just always stuck around, not too big of an issue. in 2014, he lost probably 15 pounds in 2 days out of nowhere. he was later diagnosed with lyme disease, diabetes, blindness, and dehydration (we dont starve him, he eats and drinks normally based on his diet). now, we spend roughly $1000 on him a month just to give him his insulin shots and all his medication. recently, he's just kinda slowed down and lays on an elmo blanket 90% of the time. he can still walk and wag his tail and howl (believe me, he can howl), but we feel it's not worth spending so much just to keep a dog that's in such bad condition. obviously it's really sad that this is his last day on earth, but we feel he's lived a full 10-year life

picture of my beagle and other dogs, circa 2008
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 07:03:07 AM by Freek »

if you remember a few years back, I made a few threads about how my Beagle was quickly declining in health and we felt he would die soon. well, it's been 2 years and he's still managed to survive. we got him in 2007 as a companion to my other dog (yellow lab) so he wouldn't be lonely when we were away at work/school. he started getting fat but not morbid or anything, just a bit of chub. around 2011, his eyes started to constantly get filled with goop and stuff, probably an allergy to the grass he rolls around in. he could still kinda see, but we'd have to clean out his eyes like every few hours. medication never helped, and it just always stuck around, not too big of an issue. in 2014, he lost probably 15 pounds in 2 days out of nowhere. he was later diagnosed with lyme disease, diabetes, blindness, and dehydration (we dont starve him, he eats and drinks normally based on his diet). now, we spend roughly $1000 on him a month just to give him his insulin shots and all his medication. recently, he's just kinda slowed down and lays on an elmo blanket 90% of the time. he can still walk and wag his tail and howl (believe me, he can howl), but we feel it's not worth spending so much just to keep a dog that's in such bad condition. obviously it's really sad that this is his last day on earth, but we feel he's lived a full 10-year life

picture of my beagle and other dogs, circa 2008

no loving memes you stupid loving handicap

[img ]http://i.imgur.com/KRuuGev.png[/img]
The forget man.

OT: Sorry to hear that you have to go through this, my condolences

i'm so sorry :[
what's his name?

[img ]http://i.imgur.com/KRuuGev.png[/img]

Take this stuff somewhere else

i'm so sorry :[
what's his name?
his name was yoshi
make fun of me if you'd like lol but I named him when I was seven

-snip-

forget off you dumb stuff.

Anyways, I'm really sorry about your dog, I know what it feels like to have to put down a pet. Its hard. :(

his name was yoshi
make fun of me if you'd like lol but I named him when I was seven

Who would make fun of that? It makes that picture cute af

Sorry to hear that man. As someone who worked as a veterinary assistant, I can reassure you your family is doing the right thing.

we dont even have pictures of this dog, how do we know he's not trying to get attention?

stupid loving meme
..why?

I'm sorry to hear this, at least you can know you made him happy during his life

we dont even have pictures of this dog, how do we know he's not trying to get attention?
this is freek you twat

if you think hes trying to get attention then just report and move on

could you stop drop and suck my richard
if you wanna troll then we can just take this to drama